Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

on 5/31/2014 11:07:00 PM

Chanel does fruitchouli.

And yes, Chanel does it well. Coco M is smooth and classy, with a praline topnote (I think this is what supposedly makes it "young and exciting"), some high-quality jasmine and laundry-white-musk accord in the middle, and an elegant patchouli base that wafts off the skin in a loamy and intriguing way.

At the same time, I can't shake the feeling that I've smelled this same "formula" in about a million ways since Mugler's Angel opened the door to this type of fragrance 20+ years ago. Celebrity fragrances, Bath & Body Works, Lauders and Lancomes... And really, very few of them have come close to Angel in their sophistication and complexity. What always seems to happen-- and it happens to Coco M-- is that the fruit is just a bit too saccharine and syrupy, the patchouli a bit too sanitized... and it all begins to smell like one great Mall of America air freshener.

I'm not going to knock anyone for loving Coco M. It smells great. Just, for me, too sweet and safe. I'll stick with Angel.

on 5/29/2014 12:51:00 AM

Honestly I never make reviews about products.. I had seen such amazing reviews for this perfume and being so stupid I just took their word for it and order this online. One of the stupidest things I've ever done. I understand we all have different taste in smells but to me this smells like an older lady. My sister told me I smelled like a grandma........lol I'm now using the flowerbomb that one is so sweet and girly. Way better than this

on 5/28/2014 10:39:00 PM

I knew this was a favourite on MUA so when I saw the tester bottle at the beauty boutique at Shoppers I just spritzed some of the EDT on my wrist and went about my shopping, and driving to different stores, running errands. I kept thinking, what is that god awful dryer sheet, bathroom deodorant, old fart smell invading my nostrils everywhere I go? I felt lightheaded and nauseated. It wasn't until I got home that I realized it was coming from me! From my wrist. With Chanel Mademoiselle on it. And nothing else. I'm sure for the right chemistry it would be amazing. But I'm about to get sick. I'm going to wash it off right now but decided to swing by MUA on my way to the bathroom. I'm no hater but this is the worst scent I've ever had on in my life.
UPDATE: I've washed my entire arms 4 times with different soaps, and it's still there as strong as ever - it keeps wafting into my nose and ruining my mood and making me sick. In sheer desperation I even tried soaking my arm in mouthwash! Then I cleaned them with rubbing alcohol - that seemed to make it worse. Whaa?? I can't get my favourite scents to last more than 30 minutes on me, and this one is clinging like a cheap dress! I now TOTALLY understand what people who have sensitivities to scents feel like - make it stop!!

on 5/22/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

luv it

on 5/11/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find it very strong on everybody but on some people it is just intoxicating. A masterpiece if it suits your skin.

Absolutely love it, always have in my closet

on 5/5/2014 10:21:00 AM

Perfect amounts of freshness, spice, smoke, and floral - mixed perfectly. People always say "you smell amazing", and I also find that though extremely popular, this scent smells different on everyone.

I keep a bottle of this on hand at all times - this is one of my all-time favorites. The only season I don't wear it is the heat of summer - I think it's great but it can be too much for other people.

Gorgeous bottle and packaging - love this. Highly recommended. Great stuff.

Love love love this perfume. My absolute signature scent. So feminine, classy and mysterious. Its different. It last long and very unique. It's a must buy fragrance for every woman out there. Floral, powdery, smoked - caramelly.. its like deep but soft ...yet strong, supple, sweet not overwhelming ..contradictory to itself that's why its so powerful and luring. Don't know what more can be said.

on 4/6/2014 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've long been a fan of Chanel Coco, which is more of an evening type perfume. These two fragrances don't seem related at all, as this one is more of a light, airy daytime fragrance that is delicate enough to wear every day to the office. It's one of the most beautiful perfumes I've ever worn, and my husband loves it on me.

on 3/25/2014 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Classy and lasts all day.

Popular Fragrances