October 20, 2014 | 2063 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Quickliner for eyes- smoky brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 9:10:00 AM More reviews by gina2685

This color is exceptional if you're one of those people who don't like traditional brown pencil eyeliners. I'm cool toned and I chose this cause the usual browns don't look good on me, I feel like they show yellowish/redish on me. This one is an amazing shade, a crossover between brown and grey that looks really good on brown and blue eyes too. The texture is smooth, not too creamy so it's manageable. It smudges well but, if you're good at applying eyeliner, you can get a clean line too (I know I get). I've been using it for years and I have since found much cheaper pencil liners that have really good colors and amazing textures but I'll rebuy it if I don't find a cheaper dupe of the color

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2008 3:29:00 AM More reviews by estella2703

I used this colour but it seemed too dull for my hazel eyes, something shimmery is surely better..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by StarCounter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A wonderful smoky color for my blue-green eyes! It's easy to use, and certainly earns the "quick" part of its name, but it's probably not the greatest eyeliner. I find the tip to be a bit too thick to do anything other than use it as a smudgy liner, although there's a time and a place for that look. It stayed on all day pretty well, and I never found it to smear beyond where I applied it. It's a good, solid product, but nothing extraordinary.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all let me say that this is a fantastic color - a perfect grey-brown that is extremely flattering on blue eyes.

For the 3.2 seconds it stays there.

I'm afraid the nicest thing I can say about this liner is that it truly is one of the best colors out there. I can see this color being beautiful on pretty much every eye color. That said, it's a miserable liner in almost every other respect. Application is difficult as it's much too creamy, almost greasy, and smears almost immediately. In fact, I'm not sure why the smudger is included since you only have to blink once for that smudged effect. Also - my personal liner peeve - self-sharpening liners do NOT self sharpen, at least not if you want a line thinner than 1/4 inch. And this liner is no exception to the rule - applying a clean line is just impossible. And maddening to attempt. My current technique, since I adore this color, is to apply the thick line, smear it down into my lashes with my finger, reapply, smear...until I have a subtle smokey brown line that lasts until just before noon. Dear God, why do I struggle so for cosmetic perfection when mediocrity is so obviously my forte?

All in all, Smokey Brown is the bad boyfriend of liners. His shadiness and disappearing act let me know I'm wasting my time, but baby, he looks so GOOOD! I won't repurchase, but I'll lust after him when I see him on other women.

22 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by avecdusoleil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG. It stays on all day and is the perfect neutral (no red/orange tones) brown leaning on grey. Makes my blue eyes light up. Also great for my eyebrows!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 6:03:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I remember loving this pencil before! This in fact, was the first premium brand eye pencil I used. So I swapped for this just for the good memory of it! However I am not liking it as much as I did back in the days. Well... back then I must have been blind or not so good with makeup. I believed practically everything a makeup company would tell me about their products. It draws super smoothly, but the line starts very quickly looking uneven and not so nice because it wears off. Also because this pencil is always going to have a very blunt tip, you wont be able to draw a really thin line. I do not have large lids so I find that thick eye liner lines arent very flattering on me. In fact it disturbs my almond shaped eye and makes the shape disappear. I should have believed my mom when she told me this back in the days.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Ferret1111

This has been my everyday HG eyeliner for years however lately I switched tothe creme version Smoke Grey. The shade is very similar, a little more greyish but looks beautiful. I love both though and use boeth depending on my mood. If you love this liner you will also love the cream version in a pot. Highly recommed both!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2007 11:31:00 AM More reviews by beetee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As you age it gets harder and harder to find eye makeup that makes your eyes look good. Sometimes the effect is too glittery...sometimes the product drags on your lids...a lot of things can go wrong. But this is possibly the best eyeliner I've ever used. The colour is superb and it floats on like a dream. Stays put too. When I was last in the states I bought the Physician Formula Canyon eyeshadow quad. I found that I was using all of the shadows except for the taupe one. Well..this eyeliner and the inexpensive PF taupe shadow makes my eyes look a million bux. Handy smudger too..no more digging around in the makeup bag looking for my BB one. Perfection!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2007 9:00:00 PM More reviews by pyrofuse

Still my favorite eyeliner! I've gone out and tried the waterproof Make Up Forever liners, Revlon colorstay, and several liquid liners... None could surpass this beautiful product. It glides on and stays there. If you want it smokier, you can smudge it with the other end. Only gripe about the smudger is that the cap keeps falling off or cracking. I also wish the tip was not so blunt, but any line too thick is easily fixable with a wet Q tip. This is an AWESOME color. When I want a black, real black, I use a liquid liner to get the blackest effect. But when I want something natural, I use this. It is dark enough to make a difference and define the eyes, but not too stark. I think it's great for all skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2007 1:50:00 AM More reviews by casabeav

This has been a continual repurchase of mine for several years. This is a universal color & goes with anything. As the name suggests, it is not straight up chocolate brown but a greyish brown (my coloring is FFF warm toned, brown eyes). Staying power is excellent & intensified w/ a coordinating eye shadow drawn over it (this is standard for me, anytime I use pencil eyeliner, I seal it w/ a matching eye shadow). In this case, Bobbi Brown e/s in Smoke goes over this nicely. Quickliners are smooth, non-tugging, have pretty good staying power & are reasonably priced. Mine last 6-8 months. I might not use them everyday but they are regulary used in my makeup rotation.