December 21, 2014 | 1881 users online

Cleansers - Aquanil cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 11:47:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

This is a great cleanser for sensitive skin. It doesn't foam but also doesn't leave a film. The texture is similar to Cetaphil cleanser but doesn't irritate me the way Cetaphil does. My derm rec'd this cleanser to use in the mornings since Cerave cleanser had been stinging my face. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by alleychick

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The BEST CLEANSER for sensitive skin. Cetaphil made me break out, because it has propylene glycol in it (YES, some people do react to propylene glycol -- Paula Begoun is full of crap). I've tried many different cleansers and lines of products, from $$$ Tracie Martyn and Dr. Hauschka to $ Neutrogena, etc., and this is the best for sensitive skin. IF YOU HAVE EVER SUFFERED FROM PERIORAL DERMATITIS, TRY THIS (also, switch to a gentle, fluoride-free toothpaste like Weleda Plant Gel Toothpaste). HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by jmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great for a follow up after Albolene or other heavy/oil makeup removers. Nice big 16oz pump bottles at Costco for about $11.00

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all of the great reviews, I was so excited to try this product. I ordered it through Walgreens for about $8. The consistency is exactly the same as Cetaphil, sort of a thick liquid, although it *may* suds a bit while cetaphil doesn't sud at all. The smell is a little odd, sort of plastic-y, although that could be coming from the bottle itself. It does take off makeup pretty well for a gentle skin cleanser, but still doesn't take off everything. I noticed my skin feels a bit more dry with this cleanser than Cetaphil's. After a couple of days I had some dryness on my cheeks. Nothing bad has happened to my skin, but I'm not too thrilled - I'll finish the bottle and look elsewhere or go back to Cetaphil :o)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2007 4:37:00 AM More reviews by design

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

darn. i really really wanted this cleanser to be it. i love that it isn't drying and that it is cheap. for the first few days this was the best. my skin was becoming more hydrated and my breakouts were healing.... but after the 4th day i really started to break out. i thought that maybe it was just my hormones acting up, but i noticed that my skin looked greasy at the end of the day and hormones or not, that wasn't normal for me. anyway, i also started noticing a few itchy bumps springing up in places where i guess i didn't rinse well enough liek at my hair line. i finally quit this product and went back to my other $$$$$$$$$ cleanser that is putting a dent in my wallet. i love it but i hate the price!! anyway, when i went back to my other cleanser my skin got so much better so i knew it was the aquanil. too bad, but the ingredients are really not that great. supposedly it's for sensitive skin, but i would't recomment it. it has one of the SLS'sin it and glycerin which my skiin seems to really dislike. oh well, i'm glad that it workes for others, but i won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2007 4:34:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was out of my Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser so I went to the drugstore to buy some more. I saw that Aquanil cleanser was on sale, $7.99 for 16 ounces. The label stated that it's soapless, lipid-free for sensitive skin, non-comedogenic and fragrance free. I have an oily T zone and roseacea and use cleansers for sensitive skin. I thought this cleanser would be similiar to Cetaphil or Neutrogena and it is. But I think I like it better and would definately buy it again. It's moisturizing and makes my skin very soft. It's not a great makeup remover so I washed my face twice to get the makeup off. It smells alittle bit medicinal but I don't care. While it's on sale I think I'll buy another bottle. It's so mild and soothing. Love it!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lboger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my 3rd bottle of this so I guess it's time to write a review. This was recommended to me by my derm and I also heard of it from the skin care board. Finding a cleanser has been the most difficult thing for my sensitive rosacea and acne prone skin. This won't remove makeup or ss. I use this in the a.m. and DHC cleansing oil in the p.m. This has literally been the only cleanser my skin can tolerate and I'm so glad I found it!

I order mine form Dermstore.com because I get 10% off and free shipping. I found it's cheaper to order from them then to have my pharmacy order it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Arbybarbie1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't get it. Of course I do wear MU daily, so maybe this is just for people that do not wear makeup. It is gentle I guess. It smells kind of funny. I got this because I ran out of my Laventine and while waiting for it to come in (had to order from their website) I thought I'd try this. It left a film on my face and it may be responsible for some breakouts. Not liking this at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by mrsdalloway

This is a lovely, simple fragrance-free gel cleanser. It doesn't foam and it is very gentle. I would recommend it to anyone over most of the gentle cleansers out there. I use it in the mornings because I don't think it would "cleanse" well enough to take off water-resistant sunscreen, but for general cleansing, it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by quandarical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it!