April 19, 2014 | 1659 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Liner

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging and the color, but hate how it feels on my eyes. The packaging is the dipping kind of wand with a spongy tip that was nice and firm and applied eyeliner rather well. The color is just so black it's amazing, it's blacker than most higher end ones I've tried. Even the staying power was pretty good, 6 hours of smudge free eyeliner (with primer and powder to set it, which i need to do for every eyeliner. Damn my oily eyelids)when I put on a thin line. Now this is when the problems started, at one point I thought "hmm, I've been using this to draw thin lines and it's worked, so lets try a thicker cat eye!" And it was terrible. It stung and streaked and when I tried to fix the streaks it seemed to remove instead of put on more. Just...terrible. I love this for just a thin line tho, really really love it for that. However, I would prefer to splurge on a more expensive one if it was better quality. Bottom line: buy this if u don't plan on drawing very thick lines. This is pretty good quality for the price. I think on most people it can last all day without primer and powder and I would absolutely love it if it weren't for that one horrifying morning when I tried to do a thick cat eye, which kind of put me off of this eyeliner. I keep on getting paranoid it'll happen again. UPDATE : I tried to tight line with this, huge fail. Smudged everywhere within 4 hours
UPDATE2: I've had this for about a month now, and every time I use it my eyes sting so much that I've stopped using it completely. Its become very sheer too. Don't understand why it went through such a change. Btw for any Asian inner double eyelids out there still looking for an eyeliner, Solone (a Taiwanese brand) has one that you shake and looks similar to the aqua eyes liquid liner that works well. I can tight line with the Solone one too, I find it works best on top of clean + powdered eyelid. No primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by rayychell

My HG liquid liner!!!!
I have tried all kinds of liquid liner as I use it every day and I must say that Revlon Colorstay liquid liner is definitely the best for the price and quality. I have been using it for the past five years and it's pretty much as good as it gets for liquid lining. I always buy it in Blackest Black for around 5-6 bucks and the little bottle lasts around 3-4 months for me if I use it everyday.
What I love about it!:
-the stick applicator since it's stiff and allows me to have better control of drawing the line as opposed to the brush type of applicator that wiggles a little and sometimes will randomly go in a direction I do not want it to go. It's like using a pen/marker in comparison to a paintbrush (as a non-artist, I find the former to be ALOT easier)
-the black color is opaque and is pretty darn black. It's not as black as some high-end liquid liners (like urban decay or lancome), but there isnt that much of a difference to account for the price gap.
-fast drying!
-doesn't stain lids (I sometimes have monolids and this doesn't rub onto other parts of my lids and stain them)
-lasts the entire day (with or without primer)

I will sometimes need to redip the applicator into the bottle when adding that cat-eye wing to my eyes as the applicator doesn't hold that much ink, but it's no big deal at all. I will definitely continue to repurchase this for the rest of my makeup wearing days!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by ThisGirlxD14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really have nothing against this eyeliner. It's just not different than anything that I ever used. I have a liquid eyeliner that I spent literally a DOLLAR on and I like it better than this stuff. The formula on those two are the same, the look when drying is the same ( matte ).. The only things that aren't the same is the packaging and the brush.. I do NOT like the brush on this eyeliner. Like, at all. It's too wide for me to attempt to wing with it.The wing ends up being too wide and big-like ( if that makes sense ). Also, the brush is extremely stiff. That also takes part in me ruining my wing. Since its so stiff it doesn't really work with me when I try I wing it, ruining it. I can't make any curves or turns when I use this. The brush on my current liquid eyeliner is way more flexible than this which makes it easier to use. Overall, I will stick to what I'm using now.. They're no different formula wise I just didn't like this eyeliner's packaging. Nothing extraordinary about this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by kyahh

I rarely use liquid liner because im terrible at it and i just dont like wearing a lot of makeup, but this eyeliner is definitely the best liquid liner ive ever used. it is so easy to apply! the only con is its not very pigmented and wears off after a while, but since its sooo easy to apply i give it 4 stars out of 5

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by caniac95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So looking at many online lists of the best affordable eyeliners, I came across the colorstay liquid eyeliner. It was the cheapest liquid eyeliner listed, and it had very good reviews saying that it was easy to apply and the pigment was strong.

Well. The pigment was not strong AT ALL. I love a black black blackest black liquid eyeliner and once I applied it on my eye, the more i tried to extend the line, the color would start to thin out. I had to apply multiple layers of liner to get the color I wanted. It just looked watery.

It was, however, easy to use. It has a felt tip instead of a brush, and I just had to sweep it in one go to get the shape right.

The finish was a nice matte and I liked this.

Overall I wouldn't buy this product again due to the crappy pigment, but in terms of application, it was easy on my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like how this liner lasts but most of all, I like how dark the black is. I hate when I buy a liner and it isn't super black, and this is. I like the applicator but I kind of wish that the tip was just a little bit thinner so that I could make thinner lines. I have to try pretty hard to get that perfect thin line on my inner eyes. But other than that, it's great and I will be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by kaytd

i bought this after reading reviews here and on other websites but for me it is one of the worst liner i ever spent money on!the tip is okay,packaging is fine though ive bought some other liners for less..my main issue is that the solution dries out and fades away after 3-4 hours..ive actually decided to not use liquid eyeliners anymore!!i used loreal,rimmel and palladio's eye liners and they were amazing..would stick to them in future if i ever decide to buy one again

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Kokopig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The similar design to Rimmel exaggerate is what drew me initially to this eyeliner as it has the same chubby plastic-like nib (I did feel, however, that the nib compared to Rimmel was much more scratchy and hard upon application). Application was smooth and easy, and the staying power was impressive, staying deep black all day! Hurrah! Yet, I was saddened to find that it smelt slightly reminiscent of permanent marker pens and made my eyes sting. This is just a personal issue so please don't be dissuaded from purchasing.

Pros:
Great staying power
Easy to apply (recommended for liquid eyeliner newbies)
No colour fade throughout the day

Cons:
Weird chemically smell...
Slightly stingy eyes

I am going to try this eyeliner again soon, so I shall update my review when I do so:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

This is my HG liquid liner. It has everything you could want!

Pros: intense, affordable, long wear, no smudge, even lasts on waterline
Cons: sometimes hard to apply

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by jewleeahh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I kept having a problem with my MAC fluid line drying out, or getting smeared by the end of the day, and after searching reviews I decided to try this product. It took a bit of getting used to, but the applicator made it really easy to learn how to use liquid eyeliner. For the first few weeks I was absolutely in love with it. It literally lasted all day and would not smudge whatsoever, a huge improvement over gel liners for me. However, now it's gotten really... watery? And I don't know why. I can't wear it without eyeshadow underneath because it just doesn't apply well anymore. It doesn't seem to be close to empty either. If I line my eye it's not a black line anymore, just patchy and runny. And if I go over the spots where I missed, it just removes more liner than it puts on. But with eyeshadow underneath, it's fine. So while it was great at first, I'm not going to re-purchase.