July 26, 2014 | 1022 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Liner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Iphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not judging this liner on my ability to create perfect lines. That's clearly my problem, if I can't. I am judging this liner, however, on it's streakiness. I am not sure if I just got a bad batch from Ulta or what, but I cannot seem to get this liner to create a solid line without just flooding my eyelids with it and having it drip into my lower lash line. It has done this to me since I bought it- not dried out. Odd.

Pros (otherwise):
Pretty steady handle
Nice staying power
No transfer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the past 15 or so years I've been using eyeliner pencils but a few months ago I decided to try a liquid to create a darker line. My cousin uses this one so I thought it was a good place to start my quest for something I might like.

Initially, I found it difficult to use because the tip is like a Sharpie fine tip pen and I had difficulty drawing the line. For example, the I ended up making it thicker just to even out the line. Also, my outer wings didn't match, one would be curved up more than the other. I'll admit I was hating this liner for the first week. It takes practice to be able to get good control but I did manage to get better, but not to the point where I would repurchased again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by jamiewry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner. Been using it for years! This is my go to eyeliner. I have oily lids and use an eye primer prior to my eyeshadow/liner application. This eyeliner last all day. Regarding people with pigment issues, I have never had a problem. I shake the little bottle prior to applying. Again, lasts at least 8 hours plus. I sometimes dont take off my eye makeup at night and its still there 24 hours later.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Girlybunny13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the wet n wild one more but this is good too it's a little runny though

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by RachelCouture

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS LIQUID LINER! I know it's really popular also. I would buy it as I need it but I would always find the black sold out and I would be forced to buy something else. Now whenever I see it I just purchase it even if I don't need it right away. I have it on all day and it doesn't smudge or smear.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Mabelline13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This liquid eyeliner was a huge disappointment to all the other Revlon Colorstay products. I love all of Revlon's products and this is the only one that was horrible. The packeging isnt that bad because it's small and you can fit it anywhere. The formula and the brush suck! The brush one of those stiff brushes that let you have a more precise line, but the brush is too small for that to happen. When you apply it at first, it's very black but then when it dries, it turns into a gray color and I hate that! I don't think this is worth $4.99 either, it's a waste of $5.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by bessyleyh18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this eyeliner. It doesn't smear at all. I have a really oily skin and I sweat a lot but it stays there magically! As for the staying power, considering I am from a tropical country, it lasts up to 8 hours max.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by danazeid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best liquid eyeliner I've used so far, but it's far from perfect. I'd give it a 3.5, not a 3. It's very fickle, sometimes it comes out nice and dark and rich, but most of the time it's grayish and not pigmented enough (I have the darkest black color). This starts happening when it's only a week old, which is a big problem for me. When it does decide to come out nicely, it looks good, but it has very little staying power, comes off with just a touch. For the price, it's alright, and I will keep buying it as a backup, but I'm going to start searching for something better- perhaps a much more pigmented high end one

EDIT: I am bumping up my rating by one lippie, because after trying some high end liquid liners, this one is looking a heck of a lot better. It's a lot more pigmented than some of the pen liquid eyeliners I have from Sephora and a LOT cheaper. I also find that if I shake the bottle before use, close it tightly, and store it upright I don't have as much problem with fading color. Also, it stays on just as long as most other liquid eyeliners as long as it isn't touched. Still pretty hard to apply, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Julcifer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for years and find it to be great. It lasts all day and the gym and is easy to apply thicker or thin. The brush is more like a firm felt tip but not like the pen liners. It means it doesn't move around and you pain it on. I use the black brown colour and its much less harsh than the black, better for day. Doesn't irritate my eyes unless its a bit old. I have tried others and keep going back to this. Good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Justminick

I use this stuff every day. It seems to be the only stuff I really like. It does fade after hours, but it just goes on so nicely. Though I do recommend changing your bottle and cleaning the applicator if you can. I love it for cate eyes. It's very precise (the precision I need at least for the effect) and the handle is tapered just right for me to hold it comfortably. I've been using for the past 3+ years.