July 31, 2014 | 1240 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

I was going to wait a while before reviewing this, as I am recovering from a major breakout. I was compelled to write one because in the four days I have been using this I haven't had any new breakouts and I see my acne drying up. I've scaled back on my routine because I used to bomb my face with salicylic acid. After reading a ton of advice tutorials on YouTube I decided to calm everything down. I wash with Cetaphil, tone with Dickinson's Witch Hazel and moisturize once a day with the Cetaphil lotion. I this routine is definitely working! I know a lot of people have a problem with the scent but I have no problems with it. It is also great to use on mosquito bites! This is definitely a HG type of product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by leahmarie365

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this as a toner for my oily/combo skin and it seems to work well. It doesn't dry me out at all and it leaves my skin feeling fresh. I'm not sure how much is does for my acne, I have very acne prone skin, so in my mind it works pretty well. I get a few pimples here and there but I mostly have blackheads. It keeps my oil under control and my skin feeling tight.
A lot of people complain about the smell, and I don't really love it either. It smells pretty bad. I just hold my breath, it goes away as soon as it dries. The price of this is really good, cheaper than most toners on the market. I will repurchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Dorisvz91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have never in my life written a review but I had to write one for this product. I had been going to the dermatologist for 4 years. The topical creams he prescribed worked very well but it was just too expensive and the creams made my face extremely dry. I quit going and my skin was going crazy until I tried witch hazel. I read the great reviews and decided that I didn't want to live with bad skin and it wouldn't hurt to try! I use it am and pm after using a cleanser with my Clarisonic. My skin has cleared up 95% in just 1 month. I didn't think I'd see the day where I could stop paying so much $ to have clear beautiful skin. The product is inexpensive and effective. Some complain about the smell but I don't find it at all unpleasant. It is a must try! I thought I'd never find an OTC product that worked for me but witch hazel saved my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by itsrachelllxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! Initially, I didn't think I needed an astringent or toner. But after looking up reviews on this product, I figured it was cheap so I'd try it. I am so glad I did! It is a miracle worker for acne-prone skin! It cleans off all the excess dirt and gunk left behind on my face after washing and leaves my skin feeling smooth. The only downside is the gross smell, which makes me feel like I'm smearing citrus vodka onto my face, but hey, it definitely does the trick! I don't normally write a lot of reviews but this was definitely worth the purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by blissful86

Witch Hazel has been the best toner for my sensitive and acne prone skin.
Some people would oppose to the idea of Witch Hazel having some alcohol content and it has been increasingly advised everywhere that ALCOHOL is not good for the skin- I however would like to advise otherwise in regards to Witch Hazel only... as I do not slather a lot of this on my skin.

A little dab of this toner does the job, in fact if we apply make up, and so many more random stuff on our skin, we need to deeply cleanse and tone our skin of all its debris and bacteria and this is effectively done by rubbing off (toning) the skin with Witch Hazel due to its alcohol content.

There are some videos on YouTube that demonstrate the rubbing off skin method with a little bit of alcohol at least once a week to deeply cleanse our skin, because our skin has the FIRST contact with the environment, it carries a lot of dirt and debris from the air, pollution and cosmetics/skincare products we use.

I only tone twice a day, morning and night. Sometimes I skip the morning one if I did not apply any makeup the day before.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by MaraG1234

Witch Hazel is amaze balls!! I purchased it a few weeks ago after reading reviews online and I am so glad I did. For the last 3 months I have been suffering from pimples, both small whiteheads and giant under-the-skin cysts... After being totally clear for the longest time. I have seen a huge improvement with the smaller pimples! I haven't had a cystic break-out yet since using so I guess time will tell if it helps with this! I hope so...

The only complaint I have is that it goes dry out the skin.. But using the proper lotion after applying the product helps with this.

I think witch hazel is going to be my new go-to skin product for many years to come!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Natalieeekbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't get results....I kept breaking out! I switched to apple cider vinegar, and I'm much happier with that, so I'm going to stick to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by lupita465

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin and this is great and so gentle on my skin...it does have a bit of refreshed to almost tingling sensation but it is doing its job. I don't really like the smell...but it is something j deal with because of its benefits of controlling oil on the tzone and I've seen much improvement in my husband t(oily skin).... Another thing is the price!!! I've seen toners that are maybe like 10x the price! Super inexpensive and very effective!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this!!! This is the most affordable, natural toner you can find and it works so well! I gave it four stars because I can't really use it in the winter when my skin is much drier. I do love to use it during the warmer months when my skin is much more oily. I find that it does a great job of removing any excess oil or grime on your skin and it helps to prevent and sooth any acne you may have on your face. Overall I highly recommend this to people with oily skin. Not so much to people with normal to dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first heard and about this product about 6 years ago from someone on youtube. I have been using it on and off since. I have only ever used this and Lush's toners and I prefer this one. (I felt that the Lush ones did nothing for my face.) For reference, I have very sensitive dry skin. I use it as a toner and to remove makeup. This does not irritate my face at all and I find it refreshing. I put some on a cotton bad and gently wipe. It costs about 5 USD for a big bottle so it is a great value. The smell is a little odd, but it's very faint so it does not bother me.