April 20, 2014 | 1458 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as my all around toner in the A.M. after I get out of the shower, put my styling products in my hair and then use this on a cotton round to get any hair styling products off my skin.

My hair flops around a bit until I get everything under control and a couple swipes of this on your face takes care of it unless you want to layer styling products, facial lotion and makeup Anyways works for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So inexpensive and so worth it to give this a shot, YALL.

It feels good on the skin and I swear it can help heal acne. My problem is I pile on too many products and I'm obsessed with skincare that I can irritate myself lol.

This stuff is very mild and I think pretty effective

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I love witch hazel!!!
I got the worst breakout ever back in the day and was going to buy a toner from the grocery store. I read the ingredients at one line, and they were all primarily witch hazel! I ran to the drugstore and bought some- less than 2$ later, my perfect toner! girls, save the money and your skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why must companies put so much alcohol in products? This contains a harsh amount and resulted in red, irritated skin. My pimples did not reduce and the existing ones looked worse than before. I used this for 4 months + while noticing this but I liked the fact that it removed any make up left after cleansing which is why I kept using it. I've realised now that I have very sensitive skin and that I need to avoid alcohol as much as I can. I wouldn't recommend this for use on the face unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff! Even though it smells like reeeally strong vodka (lol) it doesn't bother me too bad. It removes oil, doesn't feel sticky , and leaves my skin feeling clean. It's great for treating breakouts too. For the price, you can't go wrong!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't really see any change in my skin after using this. I apply this after I wash my face with the dove beauty bar and pat dry. I use a cotton ball to wipe it all over my face and wait for it to dry. For some reason it makes my skin feel sticky and tight.
Pros: gets rid of excess oils, is gentle enough to use after exfolliating.

The main thing I didn't like was the smell

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by cankcank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is refreshing. I liked to mix a little lavender essential oil. However it can be quite harsh, so make sure you moisturise.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Dickinson's Witch Hazel isn't any different from the no-name witch hazel you can get in the first aid aisle of your local drugstore. The only difference is that it costs more. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ChristianRoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is really AMAZING! O_O
This is one of the products that really help to reduce the amount of my pimples and acne. I think the only downside was the smell. But, will go away after 5-10 seconds. Really affordable as well. It really removes all the residue in my skin that my facial wash didn't remove. A must have for everyone and every skin type! I Love This!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

They say curiosity killed the cat; in my case, curiosity killed my SKIN. This was the WORST mistake I ever made. I have slightly oily skin and this DRIED OUT my skin to the deeper layers. After 4 uses nightly, I went from having zero wrinkles to WRINKLES on my forehead, between my brows, and around my mouth. I had to do a retinoid night treatment twice, an AHA treatment another time, and two raw honey masks in order to re-plump my skin to its original non-wrinkle state. I still look slightly aged. Good god. NEVER AGAIN.

I read on a medical school website that witch hazel, when applied topically in experiments, caused skin to shrivel and prune, due to the high tannin/antioxidant content which absorbs all the inflammatory moisture, hence it is good for rashes and fungal infections that thrive on moisture. It is NOT good for skin if you want to maintain a youthful appearance. This has 14% alcohol in it too which decreases collagen production and causes free radical damage to cells. Try something else like DIY green tea toner or Aubrey Organics aloe vera as a toner. You have been warned!!!!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No