Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 9/14/2014 4:06:00 PM

This stuff is amazing!

I was in the skin care aisle at Walmart three nights ago, looking for something that could make my pores a bit less obvious. I was specifically looking at toners, and I saw this one, and it said which hazel. I had no idea what which hazel was, but I had heard of it, so I picked it up. It was pretty cheap , so I bought it. Now, just a little background on my skin, it's super dry, sensitive, and extremely acne prone. Pretty much any new product I try will break me out and irritate my skin, or dry me out. So at this point, I'm done with anything that claims to help with acne, so I wasn't even thinking of my acne. I bought this for my pores.

Well, I got home, and rubbed this stuff all over my face. When I woke up in the morning, the entire right side of my face was clear and smooth! And on the left, I had only one pimple left! After I put this on at night, I had decided to try my new foundation (also from Walmart) and then I accidentally fell asleep with it on. So in the morning I was expecting to be all broken out and gross. But no! Even after falling asleep in makeup, it really helped! I am beyond excited. It's only been three days of using this, and it's already helped tremendously. Even the nasty blackheads on my nose are almost completely gone!

Not only has it helped with my acne, it hasn't dried my skin out at all. Like not at all. And my skin is already dry. It's refreshing and makes my skin feel firm, but not overly tight and stretched out like it feels when my skin is really dry.

About the smell though, I really hated it at first. To me, it smelled like yogurt with honey. I absolutely abhor yogurt, so that wasn't pleasant for me. However, once it dries, you can't smell it anymore. Also, after only a few days of using this product, I've actually gotten used to the smell and don't really mind it anymore.

I absolutely love this product, and I will definitely be recommending it to my friends and family.

on 9/10/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Wow witch hazel really irritates my skin. It breaks out like crazy every time I have used this, It also increases my oil a lot.

It smells horrible but it does it's job. I buy it over and over. Witch hazel is a miracle for oily skin (:

on 8/19/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Amazing for oilies!! Best toner ever. Go buy!! I use it morning and night and sometimes during the day. It's so refreshing, controls my oily face. Like seriuolsly, the best.

on 8/12/2014 4:34:00 PM

I seen so many reviews on this product so I decided to buy it. First off the smell is horrible..and secondly it didn't make my skin seem any different. I prefer just using pure alcohol.

on 8/12/2014 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This works on my oily acne breakout prone skin. Even though the ingredients list states 14% alcohol in it, it doesn't irritate my skin in anyway. After using it, I feel refreshed and clean. I like to use this after my cleanser as a toner to remove any residue that may have been left behind after the cleanser. But before my moisturizer. I feel like my skin absorbs my moisturizer better after using the witch hazel.

At first you may think the smell of the witch hazel is a little off putting if you're new to this product. All witch hazel has this smell and it's perfectly normal. After using it for awhile I actually don't notice the smell anymore. I've gone through 4 big 16oz bottles of this stuff already. Recently I have started mixing this with a few drops of tea tree oil and it has made this toner even better.

Give it a try, mix it with your favorite essential oils. The possibilities are endless. Also the price is right for experimenting. It's super cheap at around $4 for a huge 16oz bottle.

on 8/4/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

i am 18 i have oily, acne-prone, sensistive skin works really good, it is not one of those toner that burns . it sooths your skin leaves it nice and soft. the smell it not very nice but it is bareable. a very good product that i stand by.

on 7/30/2014 5:58:00 PM

amazing amazing product. I use it every night after cleansing, and when I wake up in the morning my skin is smoother, brighter and more even. I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and my skin has definitely improved in texture and color. I will always keep this product near me!

on 7/16/2014 2:33:00 PM

who else buys stuff after randomly finding it in the drug store and then decides "tomorrow's the day i start!", bring it home, and just never, ever touch it again??

I'm guilty. I bought this toner about 2 years ago, and it has been sitting in my mirror cabinet in the bathroom since. I've even moved a year ago, and still, it sat in this bathroom mirror cabinet.

I used it, non consistently, once a week here, once a month there....once every 6 months. I found toners to be SUPER annoying, and often times wondered if this extra step is even worth it, or necessary.

I have combination skin. some areas are normal, some are extremely oily, and some are dry. this summer has not been good to me. my face oil-ing out every chance it got, melting make up off of my face. setting prays didn't help, and that's when i started doing research to find products to help my skin be less oily, and i found reviews on dickinson's witch hazel toner. and then i remembered, "don't i have this living in my bathroom??"

I've used it consistently for about 3 weeks now. Every night i wash my face, and tone, and moisturize. i really do notice a difference. aside from eliminating excess oil, i noticed my pores are smaller, my skin tone is even, and dark spots from the occasional adult acne are disappearing/fading quicker. in fact when aunt flo came to visit me (which was roughly 2 weeks in of using this stuff) i noticed that i didn't get those horrible cystic, "i'm turning 13 again" pimples i usually get when my hormones are out of whack. quite surprising. i use less moisturizer/product, and don't feel the need to slather my face with cream. it has really worked out so well for me.

based on my experience with this product, i give it 5 lippies. i had this gold mine sitting in my bathroom and following me from one house to the next, and i had no idea what i was NOT using...

i only use this once a day, at night only. it has given me amazing results.

on 7/8/2014 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my go-to toner. I've been using it for about 5 months and absolutely love it. I have extremely oily acne prone skin and this didn't irritate it at all. I use it twice a day, right before my moisturizer in the morning and right after washing my face at night.

PROS:
-VERY cheap - around $4 for a huge bottle
-Can be found at any drug store/major retailer
-Doesn't dry out my skin
-Makes my skin feel very refreshed
-Dries out my pimples
-Takes out any excess makeup you may have missed

CONS:
-The smell is a little strange..but I think that's how all witch hazel smells. You get used to it.

Popular Face Skincare Products