November 28, 2014 | 1626 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by taylormcgrath17

Its a good product just very messy. The smell is nice. The formula itself feels weird and is annoying to get off. It helps with what it says it does though and that is all that matters

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you have oily, acne-prone skin, get this stuff! It's a cult favorite for a reason. The ratio of cheapness to effectiveness doesn't get much better than this.
I've been using this mask for five years on and off, since my skin kind of goes through phases where it's more oily for a period of time, then less oily, etc. When my skin is going through an oily phase and I use this mask, my skin will noticeably stay more matte throughout the days following using it. I don't know how this works - it's like it absorbs all your skin's oil reserves (lol) or something. So if you have an issue with shiny skin, this stuff would be a good purchase. The mask also reduces my clogged pores (eliminates them with consistent use), and new acne doesn't seem to form.
How often I use the mask depends on how bad my skin is being. If it's particularly bad, I use it as often as every other day. Otherwise I just try to stick to using it once a week. I leave it on for fifteen to twenty minutes, then wash off and follow with jojoba oil. The mask smells like spearmint gum and is vibrant green, swamp monster style. If you have roommates, prepare to be teased while you have it on.
I have combination skin, and I have not experienced any issues with dryness using this mask regularly. It's possible those with dryer skin might have some issues, though.
If you're planning on purchasing this, I definitely recommend going with the tube rather than the tub. Not only is the tube more hygienic, but I had the tub a few years ago and it dried out after I didn't close it tightly enough. I buy mine at Sally Beauty.
Guys, if you have oily skin, just get it. Seriously, I can't imagine finding something equally effective at a similar price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by JeskaLillis

I love this mask. I use the original formula that I find on Amazon. I like the way it feels after putting it on, I can feel it tightening my skin as it dries. It washes off my face easily. And I like the mint smell. I use this whenever my acne gets really bad, so maybe once a month. It helps reduce them well. My face always feels smooth and clean after using it. I feel it looks brighter and more even.

It can get hard to squeeze the product out after awhile.

I would buy this again, but I can't find it in any of the stores near me. So I am looking for something that is similar.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by micheller27

It does clean your face. It shrinks your pores BUT it keeps extracting all the dirt out of your face so pimples keep appearing for weeks

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this years ago, as a young lady. I recall it burned upon application and, despite immediate removal, left my skin red and irritated for several hours. In retrospect, the ingredients are bad enough to scare lab rats. Skip it if you have sensitive skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by ding6556

This stuff is great for a once a week clenser. I have very acne prone skin so was a little hesitant on using this, but when I did, I felt my pours tighter and my skin had a somewhat glowing complextion! It does kinda sting when you put it on but I believe its the product working! Lovely smell and awesome price, a little goes a long way. This stuff is truly awesome!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product really irritated my skin and left it partially red and itchy for a few days.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

First and foremost, this stuff smells bad. Second, it is loaded with ingrefients that be irritating to ones skin. And, ladtly, it never did anything special towards helping to keep my face clear.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by CandiceLee

This is a pretty decent mask for the price. When I use it, the mint makes my skin feel tingly and refreshed. I really like products that I can feel working. I didn't give it a full 5 stars because the squeeze tube can get pretty messy and gross after a while. I don't feel this is a mask that you need to apply a thick layer of to get results. Just get your face thinly covered and you're good to go. The thicker you layer it on, the longer you'll have to wait for it to dry without being able to make full facial expressions.

My life seems to be a constant battle with my pores. It takes an act of God to get my face 100% totally gunk free. That being said, I don't think this mask is that HG for me. It does clean, tighten, and reduce skin issues, so I always have it on hand. But don't expect a brand new face when you wash it off. Those without as many problems however will probably be in love with this stuff. And who can blame them? I mean it's only 4 dollars!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by maiitaii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the few products I've used that went straight in the trash. It felt nice at first, left my skin feeling super clean but not dried out. However, I woke up to a bunch of clogged pores and small breakouts all over my face, and my skin was completely clear before (aside from a few "gunky" pores). Nothing else changed in my routine except for this. Never again.