BeneFit Cosmetics Lemon Aid

3.2

titanium dioxide(CI77891) Ozokerite, talc, neopenyl glycol dicaprylate, tidecyl trimellite, lanolin oil,PPG-2 myrystyl ether propionate, kaolin, iron oxides, fragrance, butylparaben, citronellol, BHA, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate.

on 1/29/2013 9:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

"Wear alone or under makeup." is semi-false advertising, in my opinion. This product is good if you want a colour corrector for your lids and NOTHING more. You can't put anything over top of this "primer"; it creases like you would not believe so forget about adding eyeshadow or even simply wearing eyeliner. It is an "okay" product to use on your dark under-eye circles but I prefer using Boi-ing.

I tried several different "techniques" when using this product, I really wanted to like it. I tried putting more product, my eyeshadow creased, I tried putting less product, my eyeshadow creased, I tried simply wearing eyeliner, it didn't stay...You get the idea.

I was bamboozled in to buying this after reading rave reviews on Benefit's website. Serves me right for not doing more research. I'm out 30 bucks and now have a useless eyelid primer in my makeup cabinet. On the "plus" side, the packaging is good and I like the mirror but that isn't enough for me to like this product...

I received this product in a sample amount with my Confessions of a Concealaholic kit by Benefit. I usually love Benefit products, but this one just didn't do it for me. First of all, the way its packaged in the kit makes it dry out very easily. In a few months after I purchased it, the Lemon Aid was completely dried out to the point where it was almost unusable. When i was able to use it, it did brighten up my eyes a little bit, but didn't really seem to do much overall. I'm sure there are much better products out there for the price. I don't have problems with under eye darkness or discoloration like some people, so it may be more effective for others.

on 1/17/2013 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It creases so badly and it is so light in colour it makes me look crazy and sick. You wouldn't think it would crease so badly because you literally have to work at warming it up before attempting to slide it over your lid. But then once warmed up it's slightly oily and magnifies lines that aren't really visible if you haven't have used it in the first place.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Eh, it's okay. I got a mini size one that's half this, half boing concealer. I find its performance as a concealer is contingent on what kind of foundation I used it with. When I used a revlon cream foundation, it creased the minute I blinked, no matter which one went on first or if I put a primer underneath. With a b.b. cream or a sephora liquid foundation, it looked really nice if I put it on first. I think the slightly stickier texture keeps it in place under liquid. If I put it on over, it's insanely light and tough to blend. If you use a 360 degree primer underneath it, it's way more likely to crease. As a shadow primer, it's nice, but its nothing to write home about. It's only crease proof for a few hours, and it doesn't seem to do anything for fading. I could see how some people might really like it, but It can have a sticky texture that tugs at my skin. As a concealer it's nice once you figure out how to work with it, but I can't really justify buying a full size just to conceal dark circles. I could go either way on this one. It's not without merit, but its not my favorite.

on 1/6/2013 6:27:00 PM

I think this is a perfect little product except from the price tag. It does exactly what it says on the tin and is a great way to have natural looking eyes that are bright and even toned. The only let down is the price but this product comes in many of benefits gift sets and you only need a small amount because it goes such a long way.

on 1/5/2013 8:09:00 PM

I needed this for brightening, lightening dark lids. It works great for that, and you only need a tiny amount. I just tap the surface and it's plenty. I wonder if those who complain about greasiness are using too much? It probably is not the best primer, but I don't need my m/u to last all day, I'm much more concerned about covering darkness, and I think it's great for that. EDIT: This seems kind of obvious, but I realized the creasing was because my fingers/lids had a little foundation on them. If you put this on first with clean fingers and completely dry lids, it doesn't crease nearly as much and performs great.

on 12/28/2012 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

For medium skin, the color is a bit too light. It's very tacky and can cause you to tug on your eyes if you don't warm it up enough. I've used it alone to even out my eyelids as well as a primer for shadow because it has a tacky consistency that eyeshadows can stick to... for like, an hour. Then it creases horribly. It doesn't blend very well, either. While the little mirror is useful, the product pan is a gross petri-dish for bacteria. Overall, for the price, it doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Have had the same package for a couple years. The only thing I find it useful for now is "whiting out" my lips if I want to wear a light lipstick. Not helpful for anything else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have found a great trick to use this: I warm it up with the hair dryer and it sets better on my skin. However, it greases and melts on the eyelid, so I have to use a primer and then I apply the eye shadow. It also sits on my fine lines, which I hate.
I like this product to brighten my discolorated eyes, full of dark spots, but I only use it in the cornes, I avoid using it where my fine lines are concentrated.

on 11/29/2012 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

as a primer, its useless... as a brightener, its terrific. you can wear it on its own; its also great to neutralize any darkness/discoloration you have on your lid so when you apply eye shadow, the color comes out truer to whats in the pan. ive bought this time and time again.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products