July 31, 2014 | 2074 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Avon - Moisture effective Eye makeup remover

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by tamineseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I looove this product! Everynight I use it to take off mascara and it works well. It removes even waterproof mascaras. Besides it is very cheap. Would I buy this product again? Yes, yes and yes!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by roxanaoramas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely hate this product. It does its job at removing the makeup, HOWEVER! beware because it seriouslly irritates eyes! Everytime I had to remove my eye makeup it would be a night mare my eyes would start to get watery, red, and very irritated. I personally wouldn't buy this product again unless you don't mind your eyes burning up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

To be honest, I prefer removing eye makeup with Lancome Galateis Clarte, Noevir, and sometimes Mary Kay oil-free eye makeup remover (I prefer not to write much about Noevir and Mary Kay due to their sales channel but they make some good products which I use for decades) . However, sometimes these run low and I don't like to order just one item. That's why I always stock up on the Avon Moisture Effective eye makeup remover as backup.

As an eye makeup remover, it does its job. I always do eye makeup remover twice, no matter how good and whichever brand they are. I use either a cotton pad or fingers to spread this light lotion, then wipe off. After doing this twice, I do the whole face with either cleansing oil or cream including the eyes. My cleansing oil and cream always comes out clean in the eye area. So I'd say this light lotion removes just about everything I put on my eyes with two applications. I don't use waterproof mascara much so can't speak to that. The Avon Moisture Effective never irritate my eyes. Whenever I get new order in, I also use this as a whole face makeup remover in order to use up old bottles. I do use a foaming facial cleanser last because of my oily and acne-prone skin. Overall, a great eye makeup remover for the price. I would definitely reorder these, always, as long as the formula stays effective for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by GeekChic82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am not a fan of this product. It doesn't remove some waterproof mascaras and in some cases has actually irritated my eyes. I've always needed to go over it with a second eye make-up remover, otherwise would wake up in the morning with raccoon eyes. Wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lacrvane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this eye makeup remover. I put it on a cotton ball and it takes off all my eye makeup. It doesn't dry out the skin around my eye and it doesn't sting when I get it in my eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily8510

I'm a longtime fan of this eye makeup remover. It's not perfect, but it's perfect for the price. My routine? Spread a little on my fingertips, swirl around to loosen the majority of product, use a cottonball to wipe clean focusing on the lashes. Use a Q-Tip to remove anything along the lashline.

Pros:
- The lotion moisturizes the skin surrounding the eye so it's not damaged or dried out.
- Spreads around easily and wipes clean.
- Does not leave my eyelashes feeling thin or damaged like some mascaras & removers do.

Cons:
- If you get it in, or too close to your eye there can be some irritation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

It's amazing how mixed the reviews are. Some people like it, some people do not. Personally, this stuff bothers my eyes - always has. It might have something to do with the fact that I wear contacts. But regardless of whether or not my contacts are in, this lotion in and around my eyes fogs my eyesight and irritates them. The lotion is very soft and gentle, however, in order for me to have it "effectively" remove my eyemakeup, I feel like it requires me to really rub it off and that's too too too rough for the precious skin around my eyes and your eyes. At 99 cents a bottle, there's always a bunch kicking around my bathroom because my mom and my sister both love this stuff. If I'm ever stuck for makeup remover, I'll turn to this, because it's cheap and it's there. But for the amount of makeup I wear, this stuff doesn't quite cut it. Using it around my eyes is irritating and makes my eyes appear drowsy and tired afterwards, so no.. this does not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

I love love love this product! It usually sells for about $4 a bottle, but I wait for the sales and get them for like $.99 (on sale!)
This removes all of my mascara, primer, all of my make up! and it does not irritate my skin or eyes at all! I don't buy expensive make up removers just this great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by honeybee519

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this MILLIONS of times, but never ordered it myself. My gran gets them and gives them to us all the time, so I have 3 right now lol. This is probably perfect for ppl with sensitive skin who wear light makeup, but not for those who wear long wear makeup, or heavier eyemakeup. I know ppl say its great for that but I don't agree.

I wear Revlon Colorstay foundation, liquid e/l, longwear e/s and this makeup remover doesn't take it off completely. After I wash my face, there's black residue left under my eyes, and I have to go over them again w remover and rinse, it's a stupid process. I think it would be great to help soften the makeup before cleansing, but you will still have residue.

Overall, the package is very functional, it has no bad scent, it's fairly cheap, available to most ppl, and it kind of works haha! I recommend this for anyone who wears light makeup for sure. I use the ones I have in a pinch when I run out of regular remover. It's really not bad to have on hand for $1-$2, but not full price. Don't expect anything major and you will be happy lol!

Note: I've used Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover and got the same black residue, plus the oily feeling ontop. It works a little faster, but it's about $8 where I live. If I had to chose I say Avon bc theres no oilies & much cheaper. However, I've been using Vichy Purete Micellar Solution and hands down it wins over the 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by littleshelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would have to wholeheartedly disagree with the negative reviews on this product. I say wait until it's on sale for 99 cents, then try it for yourself. I used it tonight and it worked wonders on my waterproof eyemakeup. It seriously compares to high-end EMU removers such as Clinique "Take the Day Off" Cleansing Balm (which I use for eyes only, not my entire face), and that is priced at around $25.

I don't experience any problems with this remover. I do, however, use a wipe or a warm wash cloth to take it off. It leaves my eye area clean, soft and supple. Great for nighttime MU removal. I don't think you'll be disappointed and I think it's on sale right now, so I would try it...myself, I am stocking up!