Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water, mineral oil, petrolatum, PEG-40 stearate, isodecyl oleate, steareth-2, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-4, DMDM Hydantoin, carbomer, isopropynyl butylcarbamate

I really enjoyed this product for a while and it DOES remove makeup extremely well (not lies there!!), but I noticed that after a while, it started to make my eyes burn even if I kept them tightly closed. Also it seemed to make a strange "film" over my eye so when I looked around, it was all blurry and fuzzy and no amount of rubbing my eye would make it go away.
I didn't notice anything oily about the product and it only takes about a pea sized amount to do your entire eye!
I got mine on sale for $2 from the magazine, but I believe it is normally $4.

on 1/25/2012 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is great and best of all it's cheap! It removes all of my eye make up no problem and moisturizes very well. I have sensitive skin and haven't had a problem with it. I find it works just as well, if not better than the more expensive products!

on 1/11/2012 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This product is very good for removing my eye makeup. This is how I use it:
1. Place a pea-sized dot of remover on my finger
2. Swirl my finger around on my eyelid to loosen eyeshadow.
3. With eyes closed, gently sweep finger over eyelashes in direction of growth.
4. Take a wet cotton pad and gently wipe away makeup and remover, again in direction of eyelash growth.
5. Repeat for heavy makeup if needed

Admittedly, I don't wear heavy makeup, but I have worn waterproof mascara and this removes it everytime. This doesn't leave my lashes brittle like soap can. Use caution when wearing contacts. When I wear my contacts and makeup, I would go over my eye again with a second wet cotton pad to minimize the blurriness. It's a minor hassle, but not enough for me to take off a lippie. This remover is a staple in my makeup arsenal and I recommend that everyone give it a try, especially for the low price.

I have been using this product for years!!! And I must say that for the price it does a great job. It removes all my waterproof makeup without leaving any oily residue. I stock up on these when they're $1, so if you're looking for something good and affordable this is it!!

on 12/20/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking up this product and i found some negative reviews. I decided to make it easier for people to understand (from my point of view) i would do it the pros and cons way.

pros-
cheap
gets makeup off easily
moisturizing

cons-
a bit oily
if you wear contacts it might fog your eyes up

- now i have tried high end makeup removers including clinique, lancome, mac, and also drugstore brands. I guess there is some chemical complex that is in those makeup removers that irritate the heck out of my eyes, leaving me with red, watery eyes. I had no issues with the avon makeup remover, and i plan on buying a few bottles of it.
with love, Julia

on 11/26/2011 10:10:00 PM

I love this stuff! It's cheap (because it's always on sale), it's packaged nice, and it works great! It removes all my eye make up with just a little bit and moisturizes me eye area. It also doesn't irritate my eyes at all! I've gotten it in my eyes plenty of times, and I don't even feel it. I use this stuff religiously, I love it so so so much! I would definitely recommend it!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

i love this product better than alot of other eye makeup removers...especially wet n wild *its the devil of eye makeup removers*...cheap works and doesnt sting my eyes

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Been using this product for years now. Dirt cheap i always stock up when it goes on sale for 99 cents each takes off all my waterproof mascara and eye shadows very well and keeps my eyes moisturized but does not leave an oily feeling. Good product.

on 10/11/2011 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I looove this product! Everynight I use it to take off mascara and it works well. It removes even waterproof mascaras. Besides it is very cheap. Would I buy this product again? Yes, yes and yes!!

on 10/7/2011 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely hate this product. It does its job at removing the makeup, HOWEVER! beware because it seriouslly irritates eyes! Everytime I had to remove my eye makeup it would be a night mare my eyes would start to get watery, red, and very irritated. I personally wouldn't buy this product again unless you don't mind your eyes burning up.