November 22, 2014 | 950 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Avon - Moisture effective Eye makeup remover

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by bballjulia

I was looking up this product and i found some negative reviews. I decided to make it easier for people to understand (from my point of view) i would do it the pros and cons way.

pros-
cheap
gets makeup off easily
moisturizing

cons-
a bit oily
if you wear contacts it might fog your eyes up

- now i have tried high end makeup removers including clinique, lancome, mac, and also drugstore brands. I guess there is some chemical complex that is in those makeup removers that irritate the heck out of my eyes, leaving me with red, watery eyes. I had no issues with the avon makeup remover, and i plan on buying a few bottles of it.
with love, Julia

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by laurenemmess

I love this stuff! It's cheap (because it's always on sale), it's packaged nice, and it works great! It removes all my eye make up with just a little bit and moisturizes me eye area. It also doesn't irritate my eyes at all! I've gotten it in my eyes plenty of times, and I don't even feel it. I use this stuff religiously, I love it so so so much! I would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by gwoopenberrycrunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this product better than alot of other eye makeup removers...especially wet n wild *its the devil of eye makeup removers*...cheap works and doesnt sting my eyes

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by dreadedchinadoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this product for years now. Dirt cheap i always stock up when it goes on sale for 99 cents each takes off all my waterproof mascara and eye shadows very well and keeps my eyes moisturized but does not leave an oily feeling. Good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by tamineseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I looove this product! Everynight I use it to take off mascara and it works well. It removes even waterproof mascaras. Besides it is very cheap. Would I buy this product again? Yes, yes and yes!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by roxanaoramas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely hate this product. It does its job at removing the makeup, HOWEVER! beware because it seriouslly irritates eyes! Everytime I had to remove my eye makeup it would be a night mare my eyes would start to get watery, red, and very irritated. I personally wouldn't buy this product again unless you don't mind your eyes burning up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

To be honest, I prefer removing eye makeup with Lancome Galateis Clarte, Noevir, and sometimes Mary Kay oil-free eye makeup remover (I prefer not to write much about Noevir and Mary Kay due to their sales channel but they make some good products which I use for decades) . However, sometimes these run low and I don't like to order just one item. That's why I always stock up on the Avon Moisture Effective eye makeup remover as backup.

As an eye makeup remover, it does its job. I always do eye makeup remover twice, no matter how good and whichever brand they are. I use either a cotton pad or fingers to spread this light lotion, then wipe off. After doing this twice, I do the whole face with either cleansing oil or cream including the eyes. My cleansing oil and cream always comes out clean in the eye area. So I'd say this light lotion removes just about everything I put on my eyes with two applications. I don't use waterproof mascara much so can't speak to that. The Avon Moisture Effective never irritate my eyes. Whenever I get new order in, I also use this as a whole face makeup remover in order to use up old bottles. I do use a foaming facial cleanser last because of my oily and acne-prone skin. Overall, a great eye makeup remover for the price. I would definitely reorder these, always, as long as the formula stays effective for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by GeekChic82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am not a fan of this product. It doesn't remove some waterproof mascaras and in some cases has actually irritated my eyes. I've always needed to go over it with a second eye make-up remover, otherwise would wake up in the morning with raccoon eyes. Wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lacrvane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this eye makeup remover. I put it on a cotton ball and it takes off all my eye makeup. It doesn't dry out the skin around my eye and it doesn't sting when I get it in my eye.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily8510

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a longtime fan of this eye makeup remover. It's not perfect, but it's perfect for the price. My routine? Spread a little on my fingertips, swirl around to loosen the majority of product, use a cottonball to wipe clean focusing on the lashes. Use a Q-Tip to remove anything along the lashline.

Pros:
- The lotion moisturizes the skin surrounding the eye so it's not damaged or dried out.
- Spreads around easily and wipes clean.
- Does not leave my eyelashes feeling thin or damaged like some mascaras & removers do.

Cons:
- If you get it in, or too close to your eye there can be some irritation.

** Edited 8/2/2014 ** For a year or two now I've been using jojoba oil as my eye makeup remover. Quite happy with it. Zero irritation and naturally moisturizing. Avon's would still be my backup, but jojoba oil is almost universally available so I'm not worried about it. (This is why I prefer finding ingredients over branded products.)