April 17, 2014 | 1646 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow-Zing in Medium

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by JMAEGIRL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try something different and I read alot of great reviews and I been using the same e/s Mac corduroy for the longest but I had to rtn this color was way too dark for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by syar11

Great product that lasts a long time! I've used mine nearly every day for 3 years now and it's still good as new! Also, I read that Kate Middleton uses it ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by JessicaAlejandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this product!! I used to just quickly fill in my brows with a liner but after using this, it just gives so much more life to my brows and its so easy to use!! little pricey but it's well worth it and it will last you months!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

Need to swap this for the darker colour! Medium is way too warm on me. I look like I have tattooed my eyebrows and its faded.

Just got this and am supremely happy with it - got it in medium and I have very dark brown hair (no throw of red).
The wax does colour your skin subtlely but more importantly gives the brow powder something to stick to. You will have a much more defined look! Can use wax and powder separately, but the wax didn't give me enough colour that way.
I have been using a Bobbi Brown eyeshadow (flat dark matte brown) to do my brows for YEARS. This is with a Claudio Riaz Instant Brow brush that I got from Barney's. Poor brush will have to be retired because Brow Zings needs a small angled brush! Don't bother with the brushes in the kit.

Eyeshadow powder alone will not give you the precision that this product does, and that is because of the wax.

When you think of wax, you may think of a tough product which won't apply well. This can be described as a sort of soft creme wax, which you should apply sparingly and build. Don't add too much because you will of course add powder to it! Powder is pretty highly pigmented.

Wear is really long, basically until you choose to take it off! Eyeshadow alone tends to fade.

I believe that a similar product is available from ModelCo and it is cheaper than AU$55 which I think is extremely steep for something you put on your eyebrows. That said, I think this will last 6 mths, or more!

If you like clearly defined coloured in eyebrows which have a long lasting effect, definitely pick this up. You will look incredible!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by condracek4337

I recently purchased this product becuase my friend recommended it to me. I absolutley love it! the wax and powder duo are perfect for defining brows. my eyebrows are my favorite part of my features on my face and this product really enhances them! a must buy for great looking eyebrows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Love this product!! Has to be the best brow defining and enhancing kit ever!! The only downfall is the mini tweezers that come with it and are rubbish and not really needed if you ask me! However the wax is great... Doesn't feel sticky or gooey and glides on making the powder stay in place and lasts all day! This is my new best friend and wouldn't be without it. Worth the price but would probably be cheaper if the 'not needed' tweezers wasn't included!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by squint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked this product up while buying foundation after years of using Revlon's Brow Fantasy gel/pencil set, which is fairly cheap but runs out quickly. Brow-Zing supposedly it lasts for ages -- and at $30, it had better!

So far I find Brow-Zing has much better staying power, particularly on sweaty days. The instructions recommend a three step pluck/wax/powder process, but the sales clerk who sold it to me dipped the angled brush first in the wax and then in the powder, dabbed around a bit on the bottom of the case (where the brushes are kept) to mix them together, and then applied the mixture to my brows. It worked just fine, so I've been doing that instead and liking the results. It comes off completely with regular face washing and I haven't noticed any breakouts at all from the wax. As other reviewers have mentioned, the little brush is too small for comfort; I'll probably end up upgrading to a longer one.

If it lasts as well as promised, I'll definitely be repurchasing.

Edited to add: Almost eight months later, I've barely made a dent and this product has already paid for itself in comparison to the Revlon product it replaced. It's become the one thing I wear Every Single Day and I'd now recommend it without reservation as worth every dime. I never did upgrade to a longer brush, but I still think it would be a good idea -- maybe I'll get around to it now that I remember.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Amadahy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have black, unruly eyebrows that never seem to want to stay in place. Because most makeup companies have stopped selling clear mascara or are sold out of their brow gel I have actually turned to using hair spray on the tip of my finger and trying to smooth it over my brows to tame those unruly hairs!

But not anymore... Today I bit the bullet and forked out 22.50 for Brow Zings in Medium.

It's a sleek little black box. Inside is a tinted wax (on the left), a coloured setting powder (on the right), an angled brow brush (just guess what that's for!), a pair of tiny (yet sturdy and efficient) tweezers and a rounded shadow brush, all together in a tiny compartment below the wax and powder.

Medium is the perfect colour for my brows - any darker and I start to resemble Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmations! The wax is soft and pliable, yet easy to apply and after I have added powder it sets my eyebrows wonderfully. No more hairs pointing in the wrong directions, no more using hair spray clumsily with my fingers! My brows actually look polished and well groomed with a healthy shine.

Because a lot of people don't get along with Brow Zings, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, and also the hefty price tag is a definite put off to all those on a budget like me. I'm hoping that this lasts a good long while, because I want to repurchase this kit when I run out. Only time will tell...

Hugs x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

- Very easy to use
- Come with tweezer and 2 brushes
- Even though I have black hair, the Medium shade looks more natural.
- Creates a natural definition
- Can be layered for stronger brows

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by makeup8maniac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product. Personally, I love a strong make up look from day to day as I have an silvery scar from an old eyebrow piercing but when I'm with my boyfriend I like to tone it down and be more natural and this product does both looks superbly. I think you just have to practise to know how to apply it for the look you want.

I research makeup for reviews before I buy and have a friend who has perfect brows who has always accredited them to threading instead of tweezing. I asked her what product she uses and she told me about this. I looked on here for reviews but ultimately decided to try it for myself.

I went to the Benefit counter and the lady recommended me the 'medium' shade. I don't usually listen to the counter girls as most work on commission, I prefer to see for myself. However she said she had it on and it lasts all day, even when rubbing (once the wax has SET!). But then she vigorously rubbed her brow in front of me and nothing came off on her finger or face!! I was impressed.

When I got home I tried it for my night out that night. The ultimate test IMO. I applied the wax with the angular brush which set my brows in the desired shape, leaving them 'tacky' to the touch (almost like eyelash glue should be before you apply false eyelashes). I then used the other brush to fill in my brows with the powder. It held on to where I had applied the wax but still allowed me to blend it in well. I applied it at about 7:00pm and got home at 4am. Through all my sweating and dancing they really did last all night, looking exactly the way they were when I left the house!

At weekends when I stay with my boyfriend I only use the powder with the soft brush, THEN the wax just to tidy up the stray hairs that grow up or down instead of following the natural shape which looks more natural, like I haven't done anything with my brows.

As for the tweezers, I would never use them at home unless my full size ones were lost or something as they are far too small for me. However I do leave them in the case as when I stay with my bf, It saves me packing my normal ones, therefore saving space and risking losing them. That way, If I do get a hairy brow emergency (the light is better at his house for seeing the tiny white ones) I can whip these out for to tweeze the odd one or two.

I bought them for 22.50 which IS expensive for such a small product but since you don't have to use a lot, I'm guessing that it will last a LONG time!

I now love my brows so I will be buying it again and recommending it to my friends!