September 2, 2014 | 1681 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow-Zing in Medium

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Phofe2774

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the one product that is a must have for me. I have replaced it 3 times now, I don't know what I would do without this kit!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by emilybea

I had never thought that eye brow make up was necessary for someone like me with dark brows. However, I had one of those little makeovers at a Benefit counter and was surprised that it made a big difference to my whole face.

I bought Brow Zings in medium and feel that it suits my colouring. Stronger brows look great with classic liquid eyeliner and neutral eye shadow.

The wax and shadow combination works well, I think. I like the colour and the textures of both. The product is reasonably long lasting.

I think the tweezers are actually quite handy for if you're out and about. Admittedly, you're better off with a proper pair of tweezers, but these are okay for plucking the odd stray hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by JMAEGIRL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try something different and I read alot of great reviews and I been using the same e/s Mac corduroy for the longest but I had to rtn this color was way too dark for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by syar11

Great product that lasts a long time! I've used mine nearly every day for 3 years now and it's still good as new! Also, I read that Kate Middleton uses it ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by JessicaAlejandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this product!! I used to just quickly fill in my brows with a liner but after using this, it just gives so much more life to my brows and its so easy to use!! little pricey but it's well worth it and it will last you months!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

Need to swap this for the darker colour! Medium is way too warm on me. I look like I have tattooed my eyebrows and its faded.

Just got this and am supremely happy with it - got it in medium and I have very dark brown hair (no throw of red).
The wax does colour your skin subtlely but more importantly gives the brow powder something to stick to. You will have a much more defined look! Can use wax and powder separately, but the wax didn't give me enough colour that way.
I have been using a Bobbi Brown eyeshadow (flat dark matte brown) to do my brows for YEARS. This is with a Claudio Riaz Instant Brow brush that I got from Barney's. Poor brush will have to be retired because Brow Zings needs a small angled brush! Don't bother with the brushes in the kit.

Eyeshadow powder alone will not give you the precision that this product does, and that is because of the wax.

When you think of wax, you may think of a tough product which won't apply well. This can be described as a sort of soft creme wax, which you should apply sparingly and build. Don't add too much because you will of course add powder to it! Powder is pretty highly pigmented.

Wear is really long, basically until you choose to take it off! Eyeshadow alone tends to fade.

I believe that a similar product is available from ModelCo and it is cheaper than AU$55 which I think is extremely steep for something you put on your eyebrows. That said, I think this will last 6 mths, or more!

If you like clearly defined coloured in eyebrows which have a long lasting effect, definitely pick this up. You will look incredible!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by condracek4337

I recently purchased this product becuase my friend recommended it to me. I absolutley love it! the wax and powder duo are perfect for defining brows. my eyebrows are my favorite part of my features on my face and this product really enhances them! a must buy for great looking eyebrows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Love this product!! Has to be the best brow defining and enhancing kit ever!! The only downfall is the mini tweezers that come with it and are rubbish and not really needed if you ask me! However the wax is great... Doesn't feel sticky or gooey and glides on making the powder stay in place and lasts all day! This is my new best friend and wouldn't be without it. Worth the price but would probably be cheaper if the 'not needed' tweezers wasn't included!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by squint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I picked this product up while buying foundation after years of using Revlon's Brow Fantasy gel/pencil set, which is fairly cheap but runs out quickly. Brow-Zing supposedly it lasts for ages -- and at $30, it had better!

So far I find Brow-Zing has much better staying power, particularly on sweaty days. The instructions recommend a three step pluck/wax/powder process, but the sales clerk who sold it to me dipped the angled brush first in the wax and then in the powder, dabbed around a bit on the bottom of the case (where the brushes are kept) to mix them together, and then applied the mixture to my brows. It worked just fine, so I've been doing that instead and liking the results. It comes off completely with regular face washing and I haven't noticed any breakouts at all from the wax. As other reviewers have mentioned, the little brush is too small for comfort; I'll probably end up upgrading to a longer one.

If it lasts as well as promised, I'll definitely be repurchasing.

Edited to add: Almost eight months later, I've barely made a dent and this product has already paid for itself in comparison to the Revlon product it replaced. It's become the one thing I wear Every Single Day and I'd now recommend it without reservation as worth every dime. I never did upgrade to a longer brush, but I still think it would be a good idea -- maybe I'll get around to it now that I remember.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Amadahy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have black, unruly eyebrows that never seem to want to stay in place. Because most makeup companies have stopped selling clear mascara or are sold out of their brow gel I have actually turned to using hair spray on the tip of my finger and trying to smooth it over my brows to tame those unruly hairs!

But not anymore... Today I bit the bullet and forked out 22.50 for Brow Zings in Medium.

It's a sleek little black box. Inside is a tinted wax (on the left), a coloured setting powder (on the right), an angled brow brush (just guess what that's for!), a pair of tiny (yet sturdy and efficient) tweezers and a rounded shadow brush, all together in a tiny compartment below the wax and powder.

Medium is the perfect colour for my brows - any darker and I start to resemble Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmations! The wax is soft and pliable, yet easy to apply and after I have added powder it sets my eyebrows wonderfully. No more hairs pointing in the wrong directions, no more using hair spray clumsily with my fingers! My brows actually look polished and well groomed with a healthy shine.

Because a lot of people don't get along with Brow Zings, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, and also the hefty price tag is a definite put off to all those on a budget like me. I'm hoping that this lasts a good long while, because I want to repurchase this kit when I run out. Only time will tell...

Hugs x