Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 12/10/2014 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I can not tell you how many times that I have lost my little portable that I carry with me!!!
I don't know what I would do without it, me and my retina A. However, sometimes in the summer, I do back off to: ta da- Eucerin Moisturiser for Intensely Dry Skin! Probably not supposed to be used on the face, but I didn't read that closely.....it works like a dream.
Can't do without it....ever!

on 12/1/2014 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My new favourite lip balm. I apply it at night on to my lips and they feel super hydrated in the morning. Beats all the other lip balms like eOS, nivea, and chapstick. I add/mix in a little of blistex on my lips with it just because I like the refreshing feel that blistex leaves on my lips. I wish the texture wasnt so much like vaseline. Other than that it functions amazing as a lip balm. Looking at other reviews I may try to apply it on other areas and see if it produces the same results. Recommend!

on 11/25/2014 7:29:00 PM

totally awesome. everybody should try it. ..

on 11/16/2014 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Aquaphor is amazing. I am currently on the acne.org regimen. I was about to quit because I could not stand how dry it made my under eyes and eyelids, even though I have never directly applied the acne. org benzoyl peroxide there. It has healed the skin around my eyes and I am continuing with acne. org. At night, I apply the benzoyl peroxide everywhere avoiding eyes. I then wipe under my eyes with a baby wipe and apply aquaphor all around my eyes. The next morning my eyes are moisturized, soft and makeup applies better. I hope this helps someone on the regimen or simply if you have extremely dry under eye skin.

First thing, yes this product is greasy, the main ingredient is petroleum so essentially it is just like vaseline so I don't get how people are complaining about the greasy feeling check the ingredients before you buy something, as for myself I have extremely dry skin all year on my face especially around my t zone so I am used to putting vaseline on my face, after a shower is best because my pores are more open so I'm not as greasy, but these past few days nothing works, my pharmacy recommended aqauphor which I had heard about but figured it's just like vaseline what's the difference, well that would be the added ingredients the mineral oil, an bisabolol which is what makes it different, those two ingredients is what helps PROMOTE HEALING, the bisabolol is what helps heal an the mineral oil is the moisturizer, petroleum is what helps some what moisturize, an protect your skin from further damage, its greasy because your skin cannot actually absorb it completely, petroleum is to thick, but for people like me with severe dry skin it's great for a light moisturizer if used in moderation, and a great overnight treatment. So far it has helped an this is day one of me using it, makeup also goes on smoother no dry, flaky patches, for someone addicted to Vaseline I will buy this again because Vaseline doesn't have the healing promoters like aquaphor, an its roughly the same price I would recommend this product although it's not for everyone.

on 11/4/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

very healing, nice occlusive :)

on 10/30/2014 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a skin care staple for me. I have dry skin, and I use this this ointment-like moisturizer to spot treat dry/irritated areas on my face/body. I use it every night on my lips, but I can't use it everyday all over my face because it clogs my pores. It seems more moisturizing and more occlusive than Vaseline. It's a great after a laser procedure or to spot treat dry sensitive skin because it's ultra moisturizing and it's made with simple ingredients. I do like the fact that it's unscented, but it would be so luxurious if it came in a soft rose scent too.

on 10/20/2014 4:17:00 PM

I am taking Accutane, a very serious but effective medication for severe acne. The meds completely stop your sebum (skin oil) production while on it. Your lips get VERY VERY dry and most products including chap stick do not work. Aquaphor is a life saver! It is the only thing that has helped sooth my dry lips and even helps very cracked lips!

on 10/14/2014 11:12:00 PM

I am an 18 month breast cancer survivor. After 5 months of chemotherapy I had 38 radiation treatments. Radiation is 5 days a week for 7 1/2 weeks and it burns the hell out of the skin - all the way through including the skin on the back!!! I can only imagine what it's doing to the inside. The radiation oncologist says that Aquaphor and calendula (a natural ointment from the health food stores) are the only products that are scientifically proven to promote healing of the radiation burns. In preparation for radiation to begin at the consultation they give a bag of products - including many tubes of Aquaphor. I literally slathered the Aquaphor on 3x a day. I wore old t-shirts to keep it moist and also because it will leave stains on clothes. I was a complete grease ball!! Several other patients at the radiation clinic gave me their Aquaphor because they didn't like the greasy feel, and refused to use it. Those people burned to a crisp and some had skin peel off in layers, open wounds and risked infection. A few required silver nitrate treatments or had to discontinue radiation so they could heal for a bit. I didn't finish completely unscathed but I did finish in far better condition than anyone else I know. By miles!!! I am now doing breast reconstruction and my plastic surgeon said my radiated skin looks amazing. On the cellular level it is damaged but on the surface it looks no different than the radiated skin. I am a complete believer now! Aquaphor is the bomb!!!!

on 10/8/2014 11:16:00 AM

I actually purchased this because my tattoo artist said it worked really well. I had just gotten my ribs done and in the past always used Lubriderm. So, I picked up a tiny pot to give it a try. It is fantastic because I only put this on when my ink really starts to itch and you only need the tiniest amount! I'm shedding like a lizard but this is working so well on the tiny spots that did scab. All I do is touch my washed hands to the ointment and I dab the spots that itch the most.

I gently rub it in or pat it in on the more sore areas and it's amazing! My colour is super vibrant and it's healing soo fast. The ribs heal fast by nature but this is making it so much easier. Also it works great to give my other tattoo's some life. I figure I share my experience with this for those who like ink. It works fantastic and makes the healing process so much easier! Definitely Recommended:)