August 1, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ekat12

Love Aquaphor ointment for dry anything- lips, hands, feet.

It is very soothing and thick in consistency. I personally love it for my lips. It's also very cost effective and readily available in drug stores and grocery stores.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Great for healing chapped lips. I used to use this product in my everyday routine and smooth my eyebrows down with the excess left over on my fingers from applying it to my lips.

For the price (very inexpensive), it worked like a charm

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SWEAR BY THIS STUFF FOR TATTOOS, LIPS, SKIN, EVERYTHING
ITS AWSOME YOU DONT NEED MUCH A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY.
ITS GREASY BUT THATS THE PURPOSE OF IT. I DO BELIEVE IT HAS EXCELLENT HEALING QUALITIES. NO SMELL, NO BREAKOUTS AND VERY INEXPENSIVE SOLUTION TO RASHES, CHAPED LIPS AND MUCH MORE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like Vaseline but better. The texture is a little more cosmetically elegant and feels more moisturizing and longer lasting. This is a great occlusive product if you're looking to seal in moisture by applying it on damp skin or over a cream, serum, lotion, etc. My skin is fairly dehydrated from starting Retin-A, so I love using this over HA serums and lotions. It really locks in the moisture and lets my skin reabsorb it. I find it soothing, non irritating and fantastic on my skin even when it feels raw. Even tho I am acne prone and extremely clog prone, I have no problems with Aquaphor. It's a HG product for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by katb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

after trying so many products for my face (all kinds of oils included) i have to say this stuff is AMAZING!!! didnt break me out (like the oils did) , keeps my dry skin moisturized (esp. in this dry weather), overall a great moisturizer, even use it for baby. would recommend this hands down to any of the other expensive moisturizers! not that expensive either, so check it out, if you cant use it for the face, you sure can use it for hands or feet so nothing to lose by trying it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just a heads up: I'm talking about Aquaphor as a face moisturizer, for the most part. On with the review.

I often hear people who happen to be more skin-savvy than I am point out that this, and Vaseline, are primarily occlusives (meaning they protect the skin from transepidermal water loss: naturally releasing the skins moisture) and do not do much to moisturize the skin besides that. And yes, that's true. They keep your skin's natural moisture in, and that's it, but that's still moisturizing, though: it prevents a naturally occurring process that makes your skin lose moisture while still allowing your skin to breathe. It gives your skin moisture that it wouldn't have otherwise, even if it is just your own body's water. I have also heard people say that occlusives such as this one, and Vaseline, are best used over another moisturizer and do not have enough moisturizing power to be used on their own. And that, I vehemently disagree with.

Look at the ingredients in this product: petrolatum, mineral oil, glycerin. These are all extremely common moisturizer ingredients, often listed early in the ingredient list, and the reason why is because occlusives of this nature are one of the best things you can put on your skin to prevent water and moisture loss. You can keep your skin fresh, young, and healthy with this science alone. No buzzwords like "7-in-1" or "green tea extract" or whatever. Just simple, no nonsense stuff.

I smear a small dab of this all over my face before bed. Sometimes I'll mix a drop or two of sweet almond oil, but that's it. After trying tons of products that all broke me out (I'm allergic to dimethicone and other silicone derivatives, and believe me, they're in EVERYTHING) I picked this out of my drawer, shrugged, and thought it wouldn't be too different from using Vaseline as my greasy nighttime face moisturizer. It is honestly not that different from Vaseline, but I have noticed that my acne scars fade much more quickly with this product as opposed to Vaseline. My skin is softer, smoother, and glowy. It's just really nice and I'm happy with it. I am 25 now and I can honestly say that my skin is in better condition with regular skincare (and SUNSCREEN) than it was when I was sixteen.

I do have to point out that this product contains lanolin alcohol, though. It is not a drying alcohol, but it is comedogenic for some, so I suggest caution because as it is with all products, YMMV. It has not broken me out at all.

I also use this on my hands and on my feet (with socks) overnight when they are in need of a moisture boost. Flaky dry skin don't stand a chance, not even in winter.

It's pricey for how common and boring it appears, but it does the job, and I will use this and Vaseline for a long, long time.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Jessicatessner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Aquafor Healing Ointment and use it as a night cream alternating between it and my retinol cream. It's cheap and very thick but it is greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Fessyfare

I bought this to keep my new tattoo moisturized. It makes your tattoo heal perfectly and beautiful. Since Ive been using this none of my tattoos scabbed or itched at all. I'm very impressed. Sometimes I'll put a little on my hands in the winter months when they get super dry and itchy and it works almost immediately. I HIGHLY recommend this for new tattoos!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Toyamvs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Aquaphor!!! I only use it for my lips even though it has plenty of uses. I always come back to this after trying something new and finding out nothing is as good as this. My lips are nice and smooth after application. And it lasts for a couple hours before needing another application, which if you ask me, is the norm for any lip product. There is no such thing as a lip balm/Chapstick/salve that's gonna last for hours upon hours. But this works for me. It will always be my number one. Number 2 might be Rosebud salve or the Palmers Cocoa Butter Swivel stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by sreyes21

This product has been my best friend for a few months now ever since I started a fairly big tattoo on my back. It really helps with the healing process. I bought the jar the first time but now have the tube because it's much more sanitary.