Eucerin Original Healing Creme (Soothing Repair Creme)

4.3

Water, petrolatum, mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone.

on 11/13/2011 4:06:00 AM

This comes in such a large quantity, I question my need of ever repurchasing it. But overall it is a fantastic product!

I have eczema-prone skin, and I get eczema on my inner-elbows and on my hands!!! Especially after I take a shower my hands get super dry and this really relieves that. I love this thick cream, it doesn't irritate my skin at all.

on 10/25/2011 9:05:00 PM

I've been trying a lot of lotions lately, since my skin has been dry and bothersome. I have dry, eczema prone, sensitive skin, and I live in the desert. I am sensitive to lotions with a lot of fragrance.

This is a thick cream, it spreads best on moist/warm skin. This is way to thick as an all over body cream. I like to use this to spot treat dry patches (and occasionally on my hands and feet ). I find it doesn't sting or burn even dry or chapped skin. It sinks in (after a little bit, and before that it is greasy). I like this better than vaseline/Aquaphor for skincare. For my lips though the Aquaphor is a much better product. I've used this on dry patches on my face without any breakout problems. This will last me a long time since I only need so little at a time, but when I run out I will repurchase, since it seems to heal my skin overnight! This is my favorite product to spot treat any dry or eczema patches. I feel like this is a great healing cream.
BEST USE: Spot treating dry/eczema patches. edit: and makes a wonderful cuticle cream (just need a very small amount!)

on 10/4/2011 6:45:00 AM

Thank you very much everyone! I've been on a search for my HG moisturizer for 4 months now. I waisted a lot of money and tried every drug store brand - Vichy, La Roche Posay, Roc, Bioderma and many more. Gladly I ran over the reviews for this product.
In Europe, where I live, they don't sell this exact product, but I've gotten a lipo-balance intense cream, which is very similar to the original formula (anyone who runs across that name - it's probably the same, or not?) and I LOVE this! It is lightweight but not runny or too liquid, it goes on very smoothly and does not have a strong scent - more like how the old drugstore custom-made creams smelled. You don't really feel it on your skin. The skin is very soft and smooth after it has dried. And there is no awful oily residue (oily shine) afterwards, it sinks in so you don't see that it's there. I found it hard to find a decent cream that leaves your face glowing, not shining for the same price. It goes well under the makeup and doesn't flake (like Bioderma does) and I find it great to blend with foundation for a luminous finish. But it takes a while to absorb, which I really don't like (4 lippies)
The packaging is good, it's in a jar so you can get all the product out, which is good, but the jar is a bit too heavy and I'm always afraid I'll break it if it falls on the bathroom floor. And not too convenient to carry it around.
But on overall it's a great, wonderful product. And is a great value for money. Will be sticking to this one for now.

on 8/25/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

this is a must for any skin type it moisturizes deeply, does not clump, completely absorbs into skin, and great for healing anywhere on the body. Best used when sleeping

on 8/13/2011 1:02:00 PM

I buy this in the tube because it is easier to use than a tub. I think it is much better than plain Vaseline petroleum jelly. Anywhere where I have cracked, very dry, or chapped skin, this soothes it immediately without stinging, even on broken raw skin. It is a little hard to spread and takes some time to absorb but once it is, my skin is very soft. Even though they are very similar, I prefer the Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment since it's clear and it rubs in a little easier. I will continue to use this up until it is gone.

on 5/24/2011 11:22:00 PM

I agree with most of the other reviews. This is by no means a glamor product; it's thick, greasy, and takes a while to absorb into the skin. It's hard to rub in, too. But when I say that NOTHING else can do for my skin what this cream does, I mean it. My skin has become very sensitive over the past year and dries out easily. This is nearly becoming the only product I can use, and it's also the only one that can fix my dry patches. Put it on thick at night and let it sink in. Before you know it, you'll have perfectly hydrated skin. I love this product, though I wish I didn't need it!

on 4/7/2011 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've literally been using this since birth. I was born with eczema and my parents would put this on me every night for years and years. Now that I'm older and my skin has improved I don't use it daily, but it is my HG after bathing and showering. It can be greasy so I apply it at night to let it soak in and I don't feel sticky or greasy the next morning. It can also be a little tough to rub in, but I'm willing deal with that. I've never strayed from this product to find something better because it works for me! It keeps my skin extremely hydrated for days and I've noticed it improves my keratosis pilaris (hard red bumps) on my thighs and the back of my arms.

on 4/7/2011 1:26:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I guess I'm in the minority but I wasn't a fan of this creme! It's very moisturizing but also very sticky, so I would probably only use this at night to let it soak in. It's definitely not a slap-on-and-go product like the quick absorbing Eucerin hand and foot creams with the green flip-top caps (love these!)

on 4/2/2011 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to intense moisturizer. Great for winter chapped hands. I even use it on my chapped lips before bed.

I use it most often to treat scabs from healing blemishes. Just a little dab heals scabby peeling spots almost instantly with no irritation.

This is a little heavy to use as a moisturizer on my oily, blemish-prone face, but I use it often when I'm windburned or sunburned to soothe and reduce peeling.

I work in healthcare and often recommend this for my patient's healing (but not open and bleeding) scabs & scars. I find that it helps heal the scabs properly - moisturizes them so they stay in place until the fresh skin underneath can heal - rather than allowing the scabs to dry up and fall off, which leaves raw fragile skin underneath.
I also recommend that it be used on fairly fresh post-surgical scars to massage and mobilize them, which helps them heal flat, more flexible, and become more aligned with the normal surrounding skin. In my experience, Eucerin cream heals so much better than anything else I've tried.

on 3/3/2011 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This is a decent moisturizing cream, but it is WAY too thick and sticky, it's like applying paste. You have to work to rub it in. I much prefer Aquaphor.