The Body Shop Foundation brush

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/3/2010 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I mainly just use this brush to pat on powder to set the concealer under my eyes and to apply Glow Enhancer from The Body Shop. It works really well for that purpose. The bristles are really soft so it doesn't irritate my skin.

I wouldn't need two of these brushes so i guess i'd buy it again if it breaks. I've had this for 2 years now and it still looks pretty much the same.

on 1/13/2010 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

best foundation brush i have ever used, soft and applied makeup flawlessly. can''t believe it took me this long to discover!

on 12/26/2009 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This brush is not good. I bought it as a second brush for cream blush, not wanting to spend as much the 2nd time round. I have in the past found that The Body Shop do very good make-up brushes at a reasonable price, but not this time. I found it did not live up to the expectations I have from using my amazing Clinique foundation brush which is just great. The bristles are too long and not bery flexible (but are soft) so it goes on streacky and does not feel like you have as much control as I do with the clinique one. I don't even use it now. What a waste of money.

on 12/26/2009 3:40:00 PM

It's okay for the price, but I find that it goes streaky REALLY fast. This wouldn't be a problem if the tip of the brush was more rounded. Because it is so "flat" at the end I find it difficult to get into the corner of my nose and smaller areas in general.

I really hate the shaft - why does it have to be so chunky at the end? It doesn't look good, and it doesn't make application easier.

Overall, it's okay, but you can probably do better (like the ELF foundation brush...I find it much better).

on 11/3/2009 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

While I like that this brush is fair traded and synthetic, like all Body Shop products, it wasn't the best brush I have ever used. Technique, I have found, is really important to getting smooth coverage, and if I don't use the right stroke it doesnt apply evenly. That said, it was still less than a Sephora brush, softer than the bareEscentuals foundation brush, and I've washed it several times without it shedding at all.
EDIT: I've found that I can get perfect coverage if I use this brush with dry minerals. Unlike buffing with a kabuki brush, which seemed to cake on makeup, this brush works well to cover and smoothly apply. I would recommend trying this in the store with the brush sample, though, since it is finicky.

I feel like my face is literraly a canvas when i used this brush. I have to get heaps of product as well and this brush does not blend at all, its just horrible, hate hate hate hate it.

on 10/2/2009 1:49:00 PM

I didn't like it at all. It was my first ever foundation brush and lets say I won't be using brushes for foundation for a while. It streaks so badly. What is the point of using it at all. My time for applying foundation doubled if not tripled compared to applying with my fingers. Thanks Goodness I managed to return it which took some convincing the manager.

Even though it is a good qaulity brush I dont recommend it.

on 10/2/2009 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I pretty much like all Body Shop brushes. I think they're made of good quality and it competes with MAC in terms of price. Body Shop brushes are value for money.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Perfect size, soft, cruelty-free, and much cheaper than department store brand brushes.

on 6/28/2009 11:43:00 AM

this is a good brush. it is not to wide or too small and you can get into small areas with the point. also, you can wash it a million times, it still stays the same !

Top Rated The Body Shop Products