August 28, 2014 | 1762 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by lavelle365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased this product entirely due to the reviews on MUA. Was seeking a replacement for the underperforming Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Powder Foundation. I have a horrorifically oily t-zone and get best results from a liquid foundation. However, at some point during the day, I need to blot and then the liquid foundation starts looking thin and blotchy. To make matters worse, the area where I need the most coverage (nose) is also the oiliest. The solution is to carry a powder foundation to use for a mattifying and coverage-enhancing touch up. ELDWSIPPF is not just good enough as it oxidises on my chin and nose, 'puddles' and cakes if repeated applications are required. The good news is that this Body Shop product is cheaper to purchase, DOES NOT cake, does not separate, offers reasonable touch-up coverage, settles into skin without highlighting pores and doesn't sit on top of skin looking powdery and horrid. It just does a good job, and is portable and non-oxidising. The packaging is lightweight, functional but ugly. Clarins does a similar product for twice the price in a gorgeous compact that weighs a ton BTW. I leave the Clarins at home and carry this everywhere. No powder foundation is perfect but this is a good product that really outperforms much more expensive products. Recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by karatekitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin, an oily t-zone and normal to dry cheeks. I don't suffer from acne but I do get the odd pimple every now and again. My nose is often red. I have light olive skin, and it can be difficult to find a matching foundation.

I purchased this foundation at the recommendation of the sales associate. My shade was between 055 to 065 but we settled on 055 being the correct shade as 065 was slightly too orange.

My favourite way to use this foundation is on top of a tinted moisturizer (Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream). I do use it on its own when I'm in a rush and just want a quick swipe of makeup over my face.

I use the big kabuki brush from The Body Shop rather than the sponge that comes with the package, although I use the sponge for on-the-go touch ups, if needed.

The foundation is light to medium coverage and is buildable. It blends like a dream, especially with the kabuki brush (previously, I was using a cheaper ELF powder brush and it wasn't blending nicely). This foundation instantly mattifies my skin--I see a shine reduction on my forehead almost immediately after swiping it on. The foundation lasts for the better part of the day (meaning: it lasts for as long as I need to). However, it still washes off easily.

The texture is a velvety powder that feels very natural on my skin. It does not feel like I have anything on my skin. There is no scent.

My biggest problem with this is how quickly I "reach pan." There is only 9g of foundation. The foundation lasts 2-3 months, of daily use. I have never had a regular foundation that I've used regularly before, so I don't know if this is good or not.

Price: Without a sale, this product is expensive ($20-$25 Canadian) but since The Body Shop has frequent sales, it can be found for cheaper. Take advantage of any "Buy 1 get 1" sales or "2 for..."/"3 for..." sales!

Packaging Quality: I like how the sponge has it's own layer of the compact and does not sit on top of the makeup. The compact feels sturdy and does not open in my purse. However, I feel like the compact could be made thinner, if they wished.

I would totally buy this product again and I already have--twice!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Dragonseatcoco

I love this product, I purchased mine in the Philippines. I recommend it for everyday use to people with sensitive skin, or even those who don't. First off, it's available for all skin tones, you just have to really look and find what's perfect for your skin. I use this as a foundation and a face base, sometimes I don't even have to do touch-ups (i don't have oily skin.). Most people don't like the compact design for its bulkiness, but I find it adorable and sturdy, inside, there's a compartment for your sponge that separates it from the powder ergo, the oil from constant usage doesn't spread and it's hygienic.

The application is so light and thin that it feels like I'm not wearing any foundation/make up at all but it covers up eye bags and uneven skin tone decently.

My only qualm is that, upon purchase, their staff and employees are a bit 'unfriendly', compared to those in Clinique, Face Shop, Mac. They constantly dot on you, and even though there are no other clients in the shop, they act as if they're always in a rush.

All in all, it's the product that really matters, but it wouldn't hurt if they'd inject their staff with a bit of a smile or positive character.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Memoriesin

I wish I could love this but it made me break out after a day of use.
This is actually a really good powder foundation as it doesn't cake up and you can apply it to get a medium - full coverage. It also controls my oil really well, stays matte for 4-6 hours.
However, the only thing is that it contains corn starch in it which i was not aware of at 1st, and it made me break out.
People who are sensitive towards cosmetic cornstarch or rice powder etc, please stay away from this product, but overall, if you have normal skin, this is a must have product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I've bought this numerous times and I love it. It has such a smooth nice feel and really covers. I tend to use it dry as more of a finishing powder when I really want to look spectacular. The only downside (and this actually isn't because of the product, it happens to every compact) is that I often drop it and break the last bits that were around the edges (or more, occasionally). So now I take a not-as-good powder compact out for touch ups.

I also love that the company is very environmentally aware.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by paniz1372

It is easy to use and has a very good coverage. it lasts for a long period of time. But recently I have found that I am getting red spots on my face and I believe it was since the day I used this product. But I am not sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Shansie101

This is my absolute favorite foundation ever!! It can be a light coverage or built up for full coverage and not at all cakey!!!

I have oily skin and it keeps me pretty matte, I do use oil blotting sheets throughout the day to keep my face fresh and would say that is still necessary.

I think you get what you pay for, for the most part and considering that this foundation is a steal at about $25. It lasts me about a month and a half but I think it's very worth it.

This is a product I have been repurchasing constantly for the past 5 years.

It feels great on my skin and it's in a cute compact as well I can just throw in my purse! 100% recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this after the great reviews on here. I have very oily acne prone skin. First off, i love using this stuff. Its just so quick and convenient. Just press it into the face like pressed powder. I know others have used brushes but the sponge works best for me. It gives very good coverage for a powder. I have bad red patches on my cheeks which are always difficult to conceal but considering this is just a powder it does a good job. Goes on nice and matte and my skin feels lighter than when i have normal liquid foundation on. It smoothes out my skintone nicely and leaves me looking good. I am NC15 and the shop assistant told me to get shade 03 as she herself does. I think she is right, that colour is fine and gives my skin a little lift. What i also like about this stuff is that it keeps the oilies at bay very well, and if i want to put fresh base on i can wipe it off with a cleansing wipe and reapply it in one minute flat. Liking this very much so far, will continue to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by kaylab5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

So this is pretty much my first day of wearing this foundation. I guess a little to early to write a review but I was eager to share my experience. I am used to liquid foundations, but in the past few weeks with the weather heating up and such I have experienced major breakouts. I changed my moisterizer and primer but the liquid foundation that I've been using for a long time was making my face extremely oily. So I picked this up. It feels very natural, but by no means does it have the coverage of liquid foundation. My breakouts are still healing so they are very red still, and this does nothing whatsoever to mask them. I put concealer and this but still redness is showing. However, my nose (the most oily spot on my face), is much much much less greasier than its been lately, so that is a plus. I am feeling a little self concious about the redness tho, but hopefully this product will lead to the healing of them and clear skin within the next week or so. One point off because the website says its med-full coverage, but it is very light coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by tinaizcrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the best foundation i have ever used. i have tried all kinds of liquid, mineral and powder foundations, the most expensive and celebrated brands, but every time i go back to it. the coverage is great. i use it in number 3 which is slightly lighter than my skin tone, but it works wonders. it gives an instant glow to my skin. i just apply my moisturizer, tbs matt it primer in summers and there i go. i even go to gym with this base on, n come out just like that. the trick is to apply it with kabuki brush. i have serious reservations with the sponge that comes with it, bcz mine stays unused. have been using it for more than 2 years n it never breaks me out or causes any kind of irritation to my skin. u just have to be careful with the moisturizer u use underneath. it only gave me problem when i used it with TBS intense moisturizing cream. it stayed fine all day but when i would finish my gym and wud be sweating, it would get a little caky and out of place. i figured it out and changed my moisturizer. i strongly recommend it to everyone who want a light feel on their face and dont want to be smothered in oily or itch foundations.
p.s. i am not sure if it works that great on acne prone skin because i have perfectly even skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No