October 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Concealers - Mary Kay - concealer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not impressed by this product at all. The ivory 1 shade is way too yellow for my pale, cool-toned skin, but it doesn't really matter, because, unlike many other reviewers, I find this concealer to be quite sheer, and it doesn't cover well. I much prefer Lancome Effacernes or Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer, even though they are much more expensive.
Ingredients: Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine PTFE, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxypropyl Polysiloxane, Sesame Seed Oil, Beeswax, Nylon-12, Tocopheryl Acetate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Retinyl Palmitate, Methylparaben Propylparaben, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Lecithin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide. May Contain: Ultramarines. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by pk1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

it does not conceal most of my acne marks. im not impressed..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lab120178

This stuff covers really great. I have oily acne prone sensitive skin. I use this over my foundation if I need extra coverage. Beige matches my skin perfectly. I like this or physicians formula rx in the tube in natural light under my foundation also. Both cover great. I think pf is a little creamier though to blend in my skin. I use mk with a concealer brush over foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my very first concealer. I got it in the shade Bronze I and I was quite happy with it for a while. The shade suited me perfectly but within an hour or so, it would start to run on me. I eventually combatted this by dabbing the area with some translucent powder to hold the concealer in place. But then after a month the concealer in the bottle started to get clumpy and oily. Not only that but when I didn't want to have to use powder to set it (coming from the gym for example), the thing would start to crease up on me! So, while I love the color, I would not be buying this because the formulation itself didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm slightly obsessed with under eye concealers and I'm always trying new products in hopes of finding even better coverage and performance. My obsession is fueled with constant new products emerging onto the market, advances in make-up technology and ingredients, and uncovering brands I've never tried before. Personally I have never tried any Mary Kay products before, but became interested after reading some great reviews on MUA and that this product made Paula Begoun's "Best Products" list.

I purchased both Ivory 1 and Ivory 2 off of eBay as I didn't want the hassle of connecting with a consultant and really wasn't 100% sure which shade would work for my MAC NC15 complexion. The biggest difference between the two shades are Ivory 1 has a stronger yellow undertone and the Ivory 2 has a soft pink undertone. Both are really pigmented, quite viscous, have a smooth texture and blend nicely into the skin. Delivers great coverage under the eyes, but can be drying and easily cakes if too much product is used. I find this dries really quickly and I don't require any setting powder due to the matte finish. I have found this does last all day on my skin without fading or need for touch ups. In terms of which shade I use under the eyes, I find that depends on a few factors, including what foundation and/or tinted moisturizer I'm wearing, how bad and dark my under eye circles are that day, and if I'm wearing a corrector (I love Bobbi Brown's corrector in porcelain peach). After I have applied my chosen foundation and/or tinted moisturizer and/or under eye corrector I take a good look to see what is left to conceal. If my under eye circles are leaning towards purple then I choose Ivory 1, if my circles that particular day are leaning more to the blue side then I go with Ivory 2.

Overall I'm pretty impressed and happy with the results of this inexpensive, but effective concealer. Especially impressed that Mary Kay would offer two ivory shades with opposite undertones.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

As a concealer, Mary Kay's signature tube-style formula does nothing for me. The lightest shade is too yellow for my fair, rosy skin, and I find that it cakes up even when applied with a brush. That being said, when I use it as an eyeshadow primer or an under/around the eye concealer, I love it. My shadow/liner does not migrate down my face when I use this on my eyelid and around my eye, and while the formula is creamy, it doesn't make my eyeshadows ashy or matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 5:11:00 AM More reviews by kikirose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer, this is my everyday concealer. It gives natural light to medium coverage. I have the color bronze 2 and that is very similar to nw45 select cover up, I would actually compare this concealer to that just the mac gets more coverage. This is recommended.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Looking at the other reviews, I'm not sure if I'm reviewing the right concealer. This is just a generic concealer from MK. It doesn't say anything specific on it. I got this from my sister for X-mas and have since thrown this in a drawer. Yes it conceals but it's too dark for my skin color. Not only that but it doesn't conceal much. If you have acne or very slight under eye circles you'll be fine. I don't. I do need more coverage than just this and I'm still on the search.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using Vichy's Dermablend concealer for my dark under eye circles....it is actually my HG concealer. But I always like trying new products and I'm always on the hunt for a good bargain. So, I purchased this very inexpensive concealer in yellow for my medium-fair asian skin. It is absolutely fabulous! You only need a very small amount of product to cancel out the dark circles. It also lasts all day and does not smudge my eyeliner or mascara. There are however, a couple of small issues with this product. One, it is too thick and tends to run on the dry side. I find that in order to prevent the product from settling into any fine lines in the eye area, I have to moisturize very well with an eye cream before I apply the concealer. Two, the color is slightly too light and can cause the reverse raccoon look if you don't apply with a light hand. Still, I will definitely repurchase this concealer!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2011 3:37:00 AM More reviews by xomiu

Very, VERY yellow... use for SERIOUS blemishes only, it doesn't blend very well. Thick & creamy, so good for covering blemishes; but it tends to crease & look cakey on the under eye circles.
Also it broke me out.