October 25, 2014 | 887 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Gonelvik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It smells of raw coconuts, not that artificial smell but real coconuts. The smell stays on the skin for hours, even the day after. The texture is very thick and hard to rub in. The cream didn't absorb, just stays on top of the skin and makes me feel greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been lemming this for ages finnaly got the 300 ml tub although expensive $15 its absolutly heaven in a tub it hydrates my chronically dry skin and leaves it soft and radiant looking the smell is divine Its a very sharp smell of pure coconut and a subtle hint of vannila unlike other body lotions the smell usually Dissipates after an hour or so this lasts forever infact the smell gets more pleasant as it settles in the skin this is just true indulgence at its best.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by thejos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The smell is so awkward.... I like the body shop's body butters, however the coconut smell is just... Dissapointing.
Coconutty... Yet sickly.
Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by LuckyLucy777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the entire coconut line, but this is my favourite. I like it better than all of the other body butters as I prefer the light scent of this one. It is amazing on just shaved legs, and is really great on my arms that were dry before I started using it. It makes your skin just heavenly smooth and soft if you first use the coconut body scrub thouroughly, and then apply the body butter. I use the coconut Shower Cream for regular showers and it has the same scent, and also helps keeps my skin soft. I have the bar as well, that I now use for my hand soap as the scent is quite different than the other three products...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

My absolute favorite body butter from The Body Shop. Smells incredible, and moisturizes like a dream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This is AMAZING. It's the most moisturizing body butter/lotion I've ever used. The scent is heavenly and smells so natural, not chemically at all. It makes me feel like I'm on a tropical island. It feels a bit thick right after you put it on, so I use it before I go to bed. In the morning my hands are nice and soft. Must have product! I can't wait to try out another scent after I finish this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by fashionistabeautyqueen

I love this product. Its smells like coconut, and it really moisturizes my legs. I don't have any complains for it. I also bought the coconut oil and I love it just as much, it dry super fast and gives your legs a delightful shinnyness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a mini tub of this body butter as part of a gift set - I'm sure everyone has had a Body Shop Body Butter for Christmas before!
I love coconut scented products since they remind me of being on holiday somewhere warm, ideal when I'm using this in freezing cold February, and this butter has a lovely coconut scent to it. The product is thick and creamy, ideal for dry areas on the body.
I used this on my legs after shaving for extra moisture since shaving dries my skin out so much. The butter does take a while to rub in which isn't always ideal when you're in a hurry, but fine if you have the time & patience! The lovely smell stays, which is great if you love it, although my legs felt greasy for a while after application so I'd recommend waiting ideally half an hour before getting dressed properly if you've covered a large amount of your body in this product, such as arms and/or legs. One annoyance is that the product goes lumpy over time rather than staying a smooth butter-like consistency so it's best to buy in smaller tubs; it still smells and works the same but doesn't look or feel nearly as pleasant!
Although Body Shop's body butters aren't an HG product for me as other brands offer superior moisturising power (I prefer Palmers, E45 cream and a good body oil to combat my occasionally dry skin) I do find myself coming back to them every year or so since they're frequently on offer and are made in such a wide range of gorgeous-smelling flavours - cocoa butter, shea butter and strawberry all smell divine, almost good enough to eat. Definitely one of those products everyone must try for themselves.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Colorlicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. There are times when I adore the smell and the creamy texture and there are other times when I hate it. It's weird... I bought a big jar of this several times and I never finished it; so I threw it away when it expired and felt bad for spending 20$ on something I didn't use. And then I got trapped again... and again.
- The main thing I love is the smell and the texture; it looks and feels like cake-filling :) It moisturises my skin and it gives a slight glow; and the scent lasts all day.
- The main thing I hate is the smell and the texture: it's overpowering at one point; and it's greasy. It doesn't absorb into my skin completely and i sweat smelling like a coconut, while my body is shiney and oily.
So yeah... I'm not convinced: do I like it or do I dislike it? I think I might need to repurchase and find out :))

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this butter in this scent. It is a light tropical coconut scent that I adore. I have itchy dry skin that I would need to take a prescription but it wouldn't work and leave a dry ugly finish. I tried this on a whim and it actually healed my skin. Leaves my skin smooth & soft all day into the next. Doesn't feel greasy but leaves a nice glow. I have tried other TBS butters but this is my favorite.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No