April 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Colorlicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love-hate relationship with this product. There are times when I adore the smell and the creamy texture and there are other times when I hate it. It's weird... I bought a big jar of this several times and I never finished it; so I threw it away when it expired and felt bad for spending 20$ on something I didn't use. And then I got trapped again... and again.
- The main thing I love is the smell and the texture; it looks and feels like cake-filling :) It moisturises my skin and it gives a slight glow; and the scent lasts all day.
- The main thing I hate is the smell and the texture: it's overpowering at one point; and it's greasy. It doesn't absorb into my skin completely and i sweat smelling like a coconut, while my body is shiney and oily.
So yeah... I'm not convinced: do I like it or do I dislike it? I think I might need to repurchase and find out :))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this butter in this scent. It is a light tropical coconut scent that I adore. I have itchy dry skin that I would need to take a prescription but it wouldn't work and leave a dry ugly finish. I tried this on a whim and it actually healed my skin. Leaves my skin smooth & soft all day into the next. Doesn't feel greasy but leaves a nice glow. I have tried other TBS butters but this is my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by spinacha

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A co-worker of mine recommended this product to prevent my skin from peeling after a tan. Sure enough, this is the only product I have ever found that prevents and/or slows down peeling.

The product is thick and not at all runny. It has a creamy, slippery consistency, but not greasy. I personally wouldn't use it on any areas of the skin that are not super dry. The Body Shop does make other body butters for normal skin, but the coconut scented one is for very dry skin only.

This product has a pleasant coconut scent. It will however become rancid over time. A jar will last me about one-season.

The Body Shop sells Coconut Body Butter in a large and small sized jar. If you're using it on small areas, it may be more feasible to purchase the smaller size for maximum usage before the product expires.

The packaging is well made with hard-plastic, and is unlikely to break when dropped (I drop mine all the time). It comes with a screw-on top, which is easy to open. Tip! If you’re travelling with this product, expect the body butter to shift when moved. Be sure to fasten the top securely, and open it carefully.

It is pricey, but well-worth the investment.

One negative comment; as I mentioned earlier this product is great for suntanned skin. However, if you are using this product during the summer or in humid climates, it will attract mosquitoes. I learned this the hard way. When I applied the product and then went outdoors, the mosquitoes were more attracted to me that usual. I would recommend only using this when indoors or at least way in advance of going outdoors.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Coronet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This one smells very nice! It's like summer. It's a stronger-smelling body butter from the Body Shop, so you can't really roll your whole body in it like the Shea Butter one, so I reserve this one for my hands only. I don't think I'd want to use it in summer though since it's so thick, but using it reminds me so much of the warmer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by RedHairAndNeonSpirit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first i really like this product. The consistency was good, i loved the smell and i was obsessed with using it. After about 2 months, the consistency completely changed, not to the point that it was useless, but it's harder to spread around. I'll have to leave it in a warm room for awhile just to get it to work. I still love the smell, i like tropical smells anyway. For the price, it was pretty expensive. I think i paid $20, so i definitely wouldn't buy it again. I found an off brand of body butter at costco that works a little better than this one, and i paid $20 for four tubs of them!
I'm not saying don't buy this, just be careful.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by polisheep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

-After about a month, the butter hardened and became impossible to spread/blend! Gaw!
-I initially liked the smell, but I quickly got sick of it... Too sweet and artificial.
-For the first month it was moisturizing and absorbed ok.
-I haven't experienced the butter hardening with strawberry, cherry, and papaya scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by victoriaemilyf

Go to summer lotion
- greasy on the skin for 30 minutes after application
- strong beachy coconut smell that lingers through the day (love!)
- felt like it helped when in the sun (gain some color) and sun repair (so moisturizing)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by kayek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The body butter was luxurious, and really moisturized my legs and body. It was cheap and did last a good amount of time before I put it away.
The only problem I had with it was the smell. ugh! It was quite overpowering and I couldn't handle it. I didn't even finish the tub (6.7 oz). Maybe it was because it was such a large tub. It did lessen once you rubbed it in but I just didn't like the scent. So besides the scent it did a great job. It just depends on whether you appreciate the more heavy, warm scents.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really do like TBS body butters, some more than others. Not just because of the scent, but different ones have different textures. I did like the texture of this butter, and the scent is nice, but it is not one of my favorites. It is a true coconut scent, not too sweet, which is a problem that I have had with other coconut scented products from different lines. It does have a slight chemical odor. My favorite body butters from TBS are the Shea followed by the Brazil Nut for both scent and texture.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by 3Lanvin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The scent wasn't what I was expecting, I love coconut scents - but this didn't smell like that, it was quit chemically scented. It wasn't the easiest to blend, but when you get out of the shower and your body is still wet(as your suppose to because it locks in moisture), it's easier to blend in and you don't have to use as much. As for moisturizing I'll give it a 2.5 out of 5, it moisturizes but nothing special(the moisture can last all day depending on what season it is, it doesn't last in the winter).