September 2, 2014 | 947 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Fragrance-Free Elderflower Eye Gel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by cathxin

Pros:
- I have very sensitive skin around the eyes and this eye gel is not irritative to me.
- Cheap. I sometimes use it as eye mask.

Cons:
- Can't see any effect about dark circles or fine lines.
- Doesn't moisturize enough cuz the texture is too thin.

It really depends. Several friends of mine think it is effective in preventing dark circles when they stay up late. But I don't think I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by pinkzilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this earlier. I can't explain why, but this seems to work wonders for the skin around my eyes. Everytime I run out of this and use something else for a few days, I notice the difference. The skin seems to be less hydrated because some temporary lines appear. They fade after continuing the use of this gel. There probably could be a better/cheaper option for this one, but it's really hard to find an eye gel that actually is a gel instead of a runny emulsion.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Pufferfishjan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My eyes feel fresh after using this, but it takes a while for the effect to take place (few weeks for me) The packaging is alright but with a jar you need to be more careful of how you take out the product to avoid contamination. I make sure my hands are clean and I use one finger to gently take some. I find that it dries quite quickly on my skin and I can put make up over it soon after. If it wasn't for the discount I wouldn't have bought it, but it seems alright. I hope I can find a better/cheaper eye gel later on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by danai

Well I bought this on a whim - can't really remember why, I think it had something to do with the shop assistant being extra sweet and nice, so I probably just didn't want to exit the store empty handed. It doesn't really do much of anything; won't help if you have dark circles (which I do have to the maximum), but that's no surprise because it doesn't claim to. All it seems capable of is soothing puffy or irritated eyes. I keep it in the fridge, as the shop assistant told me to do, and it feels cool, refreshing and pleasant when I'm tired or my eyes feel uncomfortable. I guess it can be helpful on mornings when you have a hangover or haven't slept much.
It feels watery and a bit sticky, and you have to wait a bit for it to dry, so not very convenient to use under makeup if you're in a rush. Also the first couple of times I used it I got a reaction - my eyes got red and teary. But that doesn't happen anymore.
All in all I don't really get the purpose of this product. Sure, it does kind of help make puffy eyes more comfortable, but you can get the same results - maybe even better - with natural remedies like teabags or cotton balls dipped in chamomille (which by the way I find quite effective). The price is ok, but I think next time I'll keep my money for something more useful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is not that bad. if u apply it to ur upper lid, it works! since the function of this eye gel is for puffiness so it wont work for ur dark circle or wrinkle. i apply it on my upper lids and it smoothes my lids and my lids look not that puffy. and 10 dollars is a very cheap price for eye treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by NatureLover0685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The gel feels cool and smooth around my eyes, and the great thing is I can use this as a moisturizer base for my eye makeup!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 9:41:00 PM More reviews by luckylouie

This is a very ordinary product. If you live in Australia, Natio make a daytime eye gel which costs about half the price for more product and comes in a sanitary tube rather than a little jar. Elderflower eye gel is fairly watery, the cooling effects are temporary and a good aloe vera gel kept in the fridge would do just as well. I think the Body Shop only keep this on for younger people who don't have any problems with their eye area and who therefore find the temporary cooling effect is enough for when they are tired or their eye area is slightly irritated. For the rest of us, something more substantial is needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by skittleys

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This works so well FOR WHAT IT SAYS IT DOES! It really does "cool"--feels much better than just an ice pack or damp cloth--and it helped make my eyes look more open and refreshed. Like other reviewers below, it did nothing for dark circles, but it doesn't at all claim that it will, not even close! Always remember to not expect things to happen when it's not listed on the package, since they never under-exaggerate ;P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

This is a great cheap eye gel for overall under eye care. I don't have many wrinkles, have no problem with dark circles or puffiness, so maybe I'm not the one to ask, but I think this works great. I have used it off and on for years in the morning. It is absorbed well and doesn't cause my eye makeup to slide.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by sauvyanna

Wow,this product is somewhat popular,maybe I should try it again. I used an entire tub of it...It did nothing for me, it was sticky and uncomfortable... Odd.