July 25, 2014 | 1176 users online

Loose Powders - Clinique - Blended Face Powder and Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Hellokitty93100

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Purchased from the cco for around $13. Works perfectly well for setting liquid foundation. Doesn't add any coverage or look too powdery like a lot of loose powders can. I switch between this and my mac mineralize skinfinish medium. I have this in transparency 2, which is kind of pinkish based and I notice that it has a brightening effect on my face which I really like. This powder doesn't set into the little lines under my eyes which is something I have a hard time with. If you can find this product at a cco definatly give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in Invisible Blend, which blends into my Indian skin well, but can look ashy and gray if applied heavily. I use this with concealer for an easy, shine-free look. Although it's expensive, the package contains a lot, and lasts a long time.

Pros: Large amount, blends easily, doesn't break me out.
Cons: I don't use the brush with this powder, but the brush works in a travel bag.

*Edit: I didn't even make it through one container, I gave it to a friend. It set my makeup, but since it didn't have color, I didn't use it often. Stay Matte powder is much more convenient for my purposes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by jaguayanflawer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If I use it alone, it looks quite well and natural, and controls shine -of course, I do that during weekends, when I don't work and I'm not constantly near A/C (it causes my skin oilier).

If I use a brush for setting make up, me face becomes cakey, really horrible so I use a puff instead. At first it looks ok, and after 3-4 hours I become tremendously oily. I blot and then use a pressed powder -which is not Clinique btw and sets better.

I still have a lot of powder but don't know what to do with it, I don't like but I can't return it here. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by tinaduongg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

the reason why i rated it low was becaues

PRICE: $27 for this FREAKIN JAR! wow, i know there's a lot in there, but that's just ridiculous

Packing: when i open it, dust of colors come out-- i dont want to stain or get powder on my clothes-- so i have to becareful and open it slowly or open over a sink

coverage: pretty good, it controls oil --- but beware, it has talc, mica, bismuth oxychloride, titanium dioxide which is all bad for you i believe

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm constantly on the hunt for the perfect loose powder. For years, Coty Airspun has been my standby, but since they've changed the formula somewhat I decided on a whim to try this, and I'm glad I did. This is a no-frills powder in a plain container, but it does the job. It is finely milled, sheer, and very natural looking. I apply this over my foundation or tinted moisturizer and it sets my makeup and lasts for hours. It gives a very natural finish - not too matte. It also doesn't seem to be drying or itchy, like some powders can be. My skin tends to be a little dry, so I'm not sure how this would work for oily-skinned girls, but I'm very happy with it. Large amount of product for the price. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by lilypink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with LailaE regarding the Invisible Blend 20 (for which I had a sample pot) : it IS very coloured - a horrible muddy grey yellow which ages me terribly and makes my skin look old and wrinkly.

Having said that I have been using this powder for years and love it BUT I am getting very worried as the colour change in the range may mean I can't get the right tone for my pale Celtic colouring. I am still using a blend (which I do myself) of pots 08 Transparency Neutral (very pale) and 03 Transaparency 3 (my version of a tan) and it really makes my skin come alive. If the new colours (when I eventually have to repurchase) don't allow me to get that result anymore (over more than 15 yrs faithful service) I'm going to be incredibly annoyed with Clinique. They've already taken my favourite base (Clarifying Makeup) away and my favourite liner and shadow (Quickeyes) if they take this too..well..it will be handbags!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaHat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is probably my longest and most used m/u item. I have tried many others over the years, including Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, MAC and Clarins, but I always come back to this in the Transparency Neutral shade. I wear it as a powder foundation, when I'm very casual, as a setting powder and to take down shine. It always looks natural and meshes right into my skin. The texture is almost creamy. Even in super humid weather, it looks better on my skin than drier powders.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is just average for me. not the best powder but not the worst. I like how it has some tint to it but it gets oily on me way to fast! if this had the staying powder of mineral veil, this would be a miracle ahha. but sadly it's just avg for me. my mom swears buy this stuff but her skin isn't as oily as mine.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by littlemissanne7

Can anyone tell me if this product has any shimmer in it?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this powder. I don't have one bad word to say about it. It doesn't clog my pores, nor cause breakouts. And for the price (mine was about 20 bucks) you get a LOT of product! I bought mine at the beginning of the year, and it will definitely last me until the end of the year. Although it's loose face powder, it's very soft and pleasant to the touch, almost creamy. It does a perfect job of setting any foundation and concealer I use. I often use a kabuki brush to buff it on, and it never streaks. And it comes in a container that allows me to see how much product I have left! I hope Clinique never discontinues this product.