St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

I used to use this years ago and it was amazing, then they change the forumla and I found it didn't work as well. I did recently repurchase it to have another go and I still think it isn't as good as it was.

The scent is lovely, and it does leave the skin feeling smooth but I don't find it works well for my acne.

I do agree with the comments that it works well as a body scrub.

It's a little rough but it sure makes my skin feel super soft! The smell is nice as well.

This scrub was way to harsh on my face. Not only that, it broke me out!

This is a good scrub for your body, not so much for your face. According to my dermatologist, the walnut particles in this scrub are too large and jagged, thus causing microtears in your skin when you use this as an exfoliator. Plus, this product contains ingredients that the ewg recommends that you avoid such as triethanolamine. The price may be good, but the product is not.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this product! I use it every few days on my face, and I use it everyday as a lip exfoliant. It's great for removing dead skin, which I need since I have dry skin. It also lasts me forever! Definitely worth it.

I think it's a great product. I love the apricot kernels which allow me to exfoliate any dead skin cells away so my face feels soft and allows any skin products I use afterwards to work properly. It's an old and reliable product plus it smells fresh too.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this scrub is already kind of cheap to begin with, but the store brand apricot scrubs are even cheaper and work just as well. my skin, in particular my blackheads, look noticeably better after a single use of this scrub. it doesn't completely erase every single blackhead, but it does remove a lot of them and makes the remaining ones a lot smaller and less noticeable. the scrub doesn't feel harsh unless you use it too often. i generally just use it as needed, i.e. whenever i have a lot of blackheads.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

There are many better scrubs than this one out there. The apricot kernels in this scrub are quite harsh on the skin, although they do make the skin softer. This scrub does nothing more for your skin though. I wouldn't use it or buy it again.

DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU WANT GORGEOUS SKIN! Your skin doesn't need harsh grains of apricot kernel scratching away at it!! Get a good cleansing routine and do some soft exfoliation either with your wet flannel while removing cleanser, or a gentle liquid exfoliant.

I've used this product fairly regularly for around 10 years. I think it's a fantastic product, IF used with a very light touch, and only once or twice a week. When I first tried it I used it daily and really scrubbed it in, and it dried out and irritated my skin - no surprise. Now I only use it around twice a week, and use it all over, not just on my face. I think the key is to 'skim' the surface in light little circles, and barely apply any pressure. The particles ARE jagged. I completely avoid the eye area.

As a body exfoliator, it's fantastic, and it's cheap enough that I can happily be generous with it. As a facial exfoliator, I haven't found anything better YET, but I've only tried Lush or chemist/supermarket brands, not anything high end.