December 18, 2014 | 894 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- volume
- no clumping
- no smudging/flaking
- holds curl
- waterproof

Cons

- very dry formula

Comments: Not sure if I picked up a bad tube, but this stuff is SO dry. However, after applying a few drops of visine in the tube...it worked great. I achieved amazing volume with no clumps at all.

Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jeanniewalker

Another product I have using off and on for about 13 yrs. I will wonder off and try something new but always come back to this. I buy it in black. It goes on smooth and is buildable. It is comparable to more expensive brands. I really like this product and will continue to buy in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by tiffanynnnunes

I've been using L'Oreal Voluminous mascara for a very long time. I personally have very short eye lashes and this product gives my lashes some serious length and volume. When it comes to drugstore brands I definitely think this mascara is the best. Every time I try a new mascara I always find myself going right back to L'Oreal. And the price isn't bad for the quality.... If you haven't tried it yet you have to get a tube of this stuff, it's great!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by productjunkieABS

Bought this product on a whim at bed bath and beyond. I've used it before at my friends house and did like the way it made my lashes look. However the water proof version does take a lot of makeup remover to remove and when I wake up in the morning I still have to use a little bit more remover to get the rest off. Overall i love this mascara and one pump for each eye is all you need! Makes your eyes pop!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by diram

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, this is the BEST mascara ever! I've used the Waterproof Voluminous mascara for years and there is nothing else (including dept store brands) that compares to how full/thick it makes my very skimpy lashes look. No clumps. No flakes. NO watery eyes from an allergic reaction. Just perfect FULL lush looking lashes that will stand up to showers, swimming, and hot humid summer days.

As for removing the mascara? I can't believe some members are complaining it's hard to get off. If you use the right remover, there are no issues. The only remover I use is Almay Moisturizing Remover Pads (they are the oily ones). The mascara comes off easily. No issues.

Btw, I just tried the L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous "Million Lashes" by mistake, and it is HORRIBLE! OMG. :( Worst product ever! It barely put any mascara onto my very fine, thin, pathetic lashes. What a waste of money!! L'Oreal better NOT be replacing my HG mascara with this mess of a product!! Leave my beloved original L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Mascara alone!

__________________________________________

UPDATE:
OOps! I spoke too soon about L'Oreal Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara!
I actually now even reach for this one more often. It did have quite the learning curve (I have to apply a lot more strokes to get the fullness I want), BUT the results are amazing. I get a much more fluttery, light, feathery, FULL look to my lashes. It does make it seem as though I have a lot more lash hairs than I've ever seen before. The effect is gorgeous -- it's full, but not heavy/thick. Whereas the regular Voluminous waterproof (which I still do love!) coats each individual lash a lot more heavily. Both looks are fabulous, and both wear like iron.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ivycasull

I've been repurchasing this mascara for the past 2 years because it works really well for my sparse and straight lashes. I have no problems with smudging or the mascara not being able to hold the curl.

After reading some of the review on MUA, I see lots of people complaining that they can't get this mascara off, but there is a way!! I use almay get up and grow mascara first then I apply the l'oreal voluminous on top (I know some of you are thinking that it's going to clump but it actually doesn't!). Then when I want to take it off, I just use some baby oil on a cotton pad, hold it on my eye for 3 seconds and it's completely gone!

Hope this helps someone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by HamHamGurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the only mascara I will and can use. The waterproof version holds the curls all day without flaking. It clumps a little but u can easily remove it with a brush when it's still wet. It makes my skinny asian lashes so fat and long and look so dramatic.And it truely is waterproof, crying is no problem but it will eventually run off if u go swimming with it. I gotten so many compliments on my eyes and lashes. With a #1 couple in the mail it's only $5. Must buy!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is definitely my go-to mascara. I have long lashes, and this makes them look like falsies. It will be clumpy if you aren't careful. It lasts all day and is actually very hard to remove for me. When I first get a tube, I don't really like it, but after it thickens up with a few uses, it's just right.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Dancingirl0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While this mascara produced great volume without clumping excessively, it had terrible staying power.

I typically choose waterproof mascaras because they tend to last longer (and survive the occasional, inadvertent eye rub) this mascara actually appeared to slide or 'melt' from my lower lashes onto my lower lids within a matter of hours to produce a sloppy, just-got-out-of-the-pool look.

Although I typically apply a waterproof mascara to my upper & lower lashes, I have NEVER experienced a waterproof mascara with such terrible staying power.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by livinggreality

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

accidentally picked this up in a rush, I didn't mean to buy the waterproof version of L'oreal Voluminous.
absolutely hated this mascara.
ITS SO STINKIN HARD TO REMOVE!!
Only 5 fallen eyelashes later was I able to get the stupid thing off my eyes.
Plus, this stuff smudged and flaked on me throughout my whole day. yeah, my eyes are a bit more watery then the average girl but my non-waterproof mascara held up better than this one.
Didn't even really do anything length wise, or as a matter of fact volume wise either. my lashes are naturally black and fairly long and it was like Clump City with this mascara, even with just one coat.
hated this. went straight in the trash.