September 2, 2014 | 1774 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by diram

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, this is the BEST mascara ever! I've used the Waterproof Voluminous mascara for years and there is nothing else (including dept store brands) that compares to how full/thick it makes my very skimpy lashes look. No clumps. No flakes. NO watery eyes from an allergic reaction. Just perfect FULL lush looking lashes that will stand up to showers, swimming, and hot humid summer days.

As for removing the mascara? I can't believe some members are complaining it's hard to get off. If you use the right remover, there are no issues. The only remover I use is Almay Moisturizing Remover Pads (they are the oily ones). The mascara comes off easily. No issues.

Btw, I just tried the L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous "Million Lashes" by mistake, and it is HORRIBLE! OMG. :( Worst product ever! It barely put any mascara onto my very fine, thin, pathetic lashes. What a waste of money!! L'Oreal better NOT be replacing my HG mascara with this mess of a product!! Leave my beloved original L'Oreal Waterproof Voluminous Mascara alone!

__________________________________________

UPDATE:
OOps! I spoke too soon about L'Oreal Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara!
I actually now even reach for this one more often. It did have quite the learning curve (I have to apply a lot more strokes to get the fullness I want), BUT the results are amazing. I get a much more fluttery, light, feathery, FULL look to my lashes. It does make it seem as though I have a lot more lash hairs than I've ever seen before. The effect is gorgeous -- it's full, but not heavy/thick. Whereas the regular Voluminous waterproof (which I still do love!) coats each individual lash a lot more heavily. Both looks are fabulous, and both wear like iron.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ivycasull

I've been repurchasing this mascara for the past 2 years because it works really well for my sparse and straight lashes. I have no problems with smudging or the mascara not being able to hold the curl.

After reading some of the review on MUA, I see lots of people complaining that they can't get this mascara off, but there is a way!! I use almay get up and grow mascara first then I apply the l'oreal voluminous on top (I know some of you are thinking that it's going to clump but it actually doesn't!). Then when I want to take it off, I just use some baby oil on a cotton pad, hold it on my eye for 3 seconds and it's completely gone!

Hope this helps someone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by HamHamGurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the only mascara I will and can use. The waterproof version holds the curls all day without flaking. It clumps a little but u can easily remove it with a brush when it's still wet. It makes my skinny asian lashes so fat and long and look so dramatic.And it truely is waterproof, crying is no problem but it will eventually run off if u go swimming with it. I gotten so many compliments on my eyes and lashes. With a #1 couple in the mail it's only $5. Must buy!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is definitely my go-to mascara. I have long lashes, and this makes them look like falsies. It will be clumpy if you aren't careful. It lasts all day and is actually very hard to remove for me. When I first get a tube, I don't really like it, but after it thickens up with a few uses, it's just right.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Dancingirl0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While this mascara produced great volume without clumping excessively, it had terrible staying power.

I typically choose waterproof mascaras because they tend to last longer (and survive the occasional, inadvertent eye rub) this mascara actually appeared to slide or 'melt' from my lower lashes onto my lower lids within a matter of hours to produce a sloppy, just-got-out-of-the-pool look.

Although I typically apply a waterproof mascara to my upper & lower lashes, I have NEVER experienced a waterproof mascara with such terrible staying power.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by livinggreality

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

accidentally picked this up in a rush, I didn't mean to buy the waterproof version of L'oreal Voluminous.
absolutely hated this mascara.
ITS SO STINKIN HARD TO REMOVE!!
Only 5 fallen eyelashes later was I able to get the stupid thing off my eyes.
Plus, this stuff smudged and flaked on me throughout my whole day. yeah, my eyes are a bit more watery then the average girl but my non-waterproof mascara held up better than this one.
Didn't even really do anything length wise, or as a matter of fact volume wise either. my lashes are naturally black and fairly long and it was like Clump City with this mascara, even with just one coat.
hated this. went straight in the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Adi0915

After I curl my lashes, I put on a few coats of this and it makes my lashes look really nice considering they're short. I actually thought the brush was huge compared to most mascara brushes but I don't mind that. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily skin though. I have oily skin and most of the time I'm wearing glasses so by the end of the day I have mascara smudges underneath my eyes. Other than it's OK.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

My favorite mascara. I have repurchased this mascara after trying out a couple of others (that were mostly duds), this is the best dramatic mascara I have ever used. I like how black the formula is and that the waterproof formula actually manages to hold a curl for my asian lashes (a must for any mascara I purchase). This mascara is also builds fabulously at the roots of your lashes to give them that dramatic voluminous look. My only complaints would be that the brush can get a bit clumpy with product and should be cleaned occasionally to prevent the clumps from transferring to your eyelashes. People who have mentioned that this mascara takes a few uses to thicken up should take note of how much mascara is on the brush upon first use. I find the first couple uses of this mascara are usually a bit more natural as there is less product build up on the brush (which I prefer a bit). Also, another con is that the pigment occasionally smudges a bit on my bottom lash line. Regardless, I know that this mascara will always be one of (if not my only) favorite.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by GoldTeef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, I understand that this is waterproof and everything, but good grief - this stuff is impossible for me to remove. No matter how thoroughly I think I remove my makeup, the next morning I awake to black smeary nastiness around my eyes. Honestly, I bought the waterproof formula accidentally because I'm an idiot and apparently can't read packaging, and I hate waterproof mascara with a fiery passion for this very reason. I like to, you know, be able to actually REMOVE my mascara at some point... eventually... just a little bit... possibly... GOOD GOD GET OFF MY FACE. This is like mutant waterproof mascara from Chernobyl.

All that said, I do like the effect this gives. I'm not sure it's worth all the OMG BEST MASCARA EVAAAAR hype, but it's nice enough. I'll go for the non-waterproof formula next. Clearly, this is beyond my capabilities.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mailytvu

I have really thin, long lashes that grow straight down. I used the waterproof Voluminous Million Lashes and liked it, but it didn't thicken my lashes. It held my curl all throughout the day and made my lashes even longer. I bought the original Voluminous Waterproof thinking it would thicken my lashes, and it did, but it didn't hold my curl as well as the Million Lashes. I'm pretty sure it's because the Million lashes is a drier formula than the original. The packaging seems a little outdated also. It's cheaper than the Million lashes though. It's just an okay product. Still haven't found my drugstore HG mascara :( I'll try Maybelline whenever I'm done with this tube!