Estee Lauder Automatic Eye Pencil Duo

3.7

on 2/26/2007 8:18:00 PM

One of my favorite automatic eye pencils and the smudger is great. Goes on smooth and makes my eyes really pop. I'm not too crazy about the lighter, softer colors like gray, though. It doesn't go on as evenly as the darker shades.

on 9/19/2006 11:33:00 PM

I've been using this product for years. I love the eyeliner, but am not happy with the current plastic pencil which replaced the metal ome. The refills are not interchangeable as I found out when I purchased a refill. It did not fit my "old" metal pencil so I had to purchase a whole new pencil. Leave it to Lauder to make changes.

on 6/7/2006 10:21:00 AM

I have been using this eyeliner off and on for years. Right now I have walnut brown and charcoal (charcoal is my favorite -- works great with my dark lashes and blue eyes but not as overpowering as black would be). I, like some of the other reviews, do not use the sponge/smudger side -- I end up popping it out and putting another liner in it. I don't use Estee Lauder as much as I used to do, but as long as they have this product, I will still be using it, and with the refills the price is really not so bad ... definitely worth it.

I have this in walnut brown and I love the color, but this pencil has no staying power. It smudges off within a few hours of application. Try EL's Artist Eye Pencil instead.

on 2/15/2006 6:47:00 PM

I have been using Estee Lauder's Automatic eye pencil duo for more than 4 years now. Automatic eye pencil was my very first eyeliner actually. I really like how easy it goes onto the lid and the no-need-to-sharp-ever! HOWEVER, this also smudges on me. I have to reply couple times a day to avoid losing the line. I suppose I have oily lid, but I will not repurchase this item again. I'll probably try MAC powerpoint after finishing my automatic eye pencil.

on 12/27/2005 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

As others have already mentioned, the word duo is a bit misleading. It has one end of color and the other end is a smudger. Oh, thanks guys, so much added value with that smudger on the other side that always gets caught in the cap so I have to fish it out to even use it.

I have this in Hyacinth Sky -- a beautiful smoky blue color that really makes my blue/green/gray eyes pop. I love combining this with EL Jupiter duo, using the peach color as a wash, then this liner as liner (top of the eye only) and then sweeping the brown color in Jupiter over the liner to soften it a bit. Then I smudge it and it looks dramatic without being over the top.

Overall, I'm not a big fan of the automatic pencil because it's hard to sharpen them and the line I draw always seems to be too thick unless I really slow down and take a long, long time to get into to the lashes for a super-thin line.

There are better eyeliner pencils out there for cheaper -- Clinique and Revlon come to mind. continued >>

on 6/1/2005 12:47:00 PM

I love these eyeliners. I have been wearing them for about ten years. They go on nicely, and I really like the colors. My favorite is plum grey. I also like walnut. Whenever I want a GWP, I use the $8.00 pencil refill as my purchase to get the gift. I don't use the smudger on the other end of the pencil, so previous MUA reviewer, dicosta's idea about taking the smudger off and putting another color on the other end came in very handy for me. I can't believe I didn't think of that a long time ago. Thanks dicosta.

on 5/13/2005 9:39:00 PM

It comes on very nicely. Easy to use, since it is long and thin. It comes off very easily though. Not long lasting. It had a sponge on the other end of the eyeiner which was very convienent.

on 3/2/2005 1:26:00 PM

I have been using this product almost daily for almost 4 or 5 yrs and I finally had to splurge for a replacement. Well worth the money. The new packeging is great, as some girls have already mentioned, you can make it a two in one pencil, if you wish. The only problem for me - I have oily lids, and sometimes I have to reapply the color. The color I use is Khaki and is very natural, so even if it smudges a bit, it does not look ugly. I will definitely pick up a darker color and see how it fares....The pencil is very soft and applies evenly and nicley, without tugging on your eyelid.

This eyeliner is amazing! My mother and I have both used this for years. It's the best eyeliner I've ever used, and as of yet, I have no reason to ever stop using it. Amazing.