MAC Frost - Angel

on 2/15/2014 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a light pink frosted lipstick.I found that it goes well with the Plum Seduction palette from Clinique and Baby Sparks lip gloss from MAC.Staying power isn't brilliant but it is a lovely colour that seems to compliment my coolish skin tone and blue eyes really nicely. Price wise it seems good value and applies very well.

on 2/12/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Seems like I am constantly reapplying this, I wear it with MAC STRIPDOWN lipliner and a generous topping of Nars Turkish Delight. I said in my review of STRIPDOWN that I am a little late on the whole Kim K. thing, but this trio IS amazing!! I will probably repurchase esp at the rate I am using these 3 up at! This is a high maintenance look with how it seems like I am constantly touching this up. That is the only downside as Angel is a gorgeous color. This doesn't have much brown in it which is a bit of a deviation from my normal lip colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Would have gave it 5 put it doesnt last long. Nice baby pink on me. Doesnt dry my lips out at all actually moisturzing. I like to wear it on basic days when i dont wear any makeup except lipstick and mascara not really a natural look but a basic sunday evening kind of look.

on 2/2/2014 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love it. It's not a showstopper color by any means, but it looks very chic and pretty on my super-pale skin on the days I'm not in the mood for bright red or pink. I have Creme Cup as well but find that leans more lavender, whereas Angel is more neutral and natural-looking without getting into dull MLBB territory.

I will sum this MAC lipstick up in one word you: Boring!

I can see why it's named Angel though. After all, if you prefer lipstick that's more on the edgy and fun side... then this is NOT the one for you! It plays by the rules, it's safe, it's plain and boring. When I wore it, I didn't feel beautiful (a fabulous lippie will ALWAYS make you feel like you can conquer the world!!!) and when I'd catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I just felt and looked like I hadn't put on any lipstick at all :( What a disappointment. For the price, it is simply not worth it. It's forgettable.

If you're the type of girl/woman that is more on the conservative side and loves an extremely natural lip look, then perhaps this might be a hit with you. But for me, I'll stick with a chapstick that has a slight glimmer sheen to it. Totally the same results... but without shelling out $16 for it.

In conclusion, MAC Angel... I will pass on you next time, love.

on 1/11/2014 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Meh. This is really shimmery and pale. I need a darker color, this totally washed me out. On the bright side, Mac has a wonderfully moisturizing formula.

on 1/10/2014 2:18:00 PM

It's a pretty shade, I just prefer lipsticks with more pizzazz.

Although the the formula for Snob may be drying to lips overtime because it is a bit of a satin matte. The frost formula Angel shade is surprisingly yeiding towards the moisturizing side with little to no drying feel to lips at all.

My first ever Mac lipstick choice of shade was Ruby Woo. Later Snob came along with Creme De Nude, Peachstock, and Angel. I recycled 6 Mac containers and got to choose a free tube Mac lipstick. And so i chose Angel again. What is so unique about Mac lipsticks is their sweet Vanilla Chocolately scent and exceptional pigmentation.

on 1/5/2014 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I finally found my perfect shade of pink - not too nude, not too rosy or too bright. If I want to lighten the shade, I wear MAC Underage lipgloss over it - very pretty together. If I'm wanting to wear lipliner I use MAC Dervish. I always feel pretty when I wear this shade. Will definitely repurchase again and again.

on 1/3/2014 11:33:00 PM

I love this lipstick! It is such a pretty colour against my fair skin. I am very surprised that Kim Kardashian wears this as it is quite light for darker skin tones. Will look good if you have fair skin as it is not nude, but just a hint of pink without looking too Barbie. Will repurchase!

Popular Lipsticks