December 22, 2014 | 997 users online

Cleansers - Eucerin - Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by heejoh

I love this cleanser for my super sensitive acne-prone skin. Other than my sappo hill oatmeal soap and dove sensitive skin bars, this is the only other cleanser that I allow to touch my face. It's extremely gentle, non-drying, fragrance-free and removes all my makeup (except waterproof mascara). It doesn't make me break out and it leaves my face super clean.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have really sensitive skin, and this product doesn't irritate it at all (or my eyes, which are also extremely sensitive). The lack of scent is nice, and it cleans my face well. I just really dislike the consistency of the product. I will probably stick with my Basis cleansers henceforth.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by iiezzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be a hater, but i hated this product.
For a cleanser for sensitive skin, this really burned my eyes.
on a positive note, it did clean my face well, removing most if not all of my makeup. However, it also did break me out.

this product did not work on me.

i was comparing the three cleansers cetaphil, purpose, and eucerin... all of which are for sensitive skin.

so far, purpose is too expensive
eucerin is too harsh and breaks me out

so i like my cetaphil which is gentle, cleans thoroughly, moisturizes and lasts really long. you just have to get use to it and know how to use it

people who truly have sensitive skin should stay away from this product.. it will make your skin red and acne worse. others are welcome and probably be a wonderful product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this!!! When I first used it, it had a slight chemical smell which made me worry about if it was going to be too harsh on my sensitive skin, but I'm so glad I kept using this, because its wonderful! It takes off all my makeup but doesn't leave my skin super tight. Love it!!
UPDATE: this irritated my skin after awhile :o(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful, fragrance-free cleanser that I turn to often. It gently cleanses and takes off all of my makeup including eye makeup without irritation, dryness and redness. Best of all, this leaves no residue. What more could I ask for?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. My skin is combo, sensitive, and prone to acne. This gives me just enough cleansing oomph without overdrying my skin. It will take off everything except the most water-resistant makeup and sunscreens, but those always require cleansing oil IME anyway. I doubt this cleanser was ever meant for anyone with dryish skin, but it is wonderful for sensitive oily types

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this product. It did not leave my face tight like most cleansers (ie Purpose), or an icky film (ie Cerave, Cetaphil). After 5 days it gave me a bad breakout on my chin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by anitaeyu

I was looking for a gentle cleanser to rotate with my acne cleanser, and this one was a disappointment. I can't believe SLS is the first ingredient after water in a cleanser for sensitive skin that is supposed to be hydrating! You get a good amount of product for the price, but I didn't find it gentle or hydrating. EDIT: After using this cleanser as a brush cleaner for a while, I started using this after my Softymo oil cleanser at night to get rid of the remaining residue, and it's done a great job. It doesn't remove makeup well, but does nicely as a follow-up cleanser to rinse my face clean from residue. Will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by cheekyguy

This bottle is huge, first of all. I'm not sure I'd use it up. I use such a tiny bit each time and it foams up so much. I really love foamy cleansers, but they do not love me. Anytime I use lots of foam my skin feels tight, which may be due to using Tazorac, but I find that Cetaphil lotion-y cleanser works just fine for me. My skin has never been good with that squeaky clean feeling and always gets irritated and broken out with spots.

This seems so basic and nice and a good value, but I'm going to have to toss it. What would have been even nicer on the product would have been a twist and lock type pump dispenser for when you need to take it somewhere. Seems to be a great product for most, but too drying for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this a few winters back and forgot how much I liked it. My skin this year is particularly dry, and though the changes I made are helping a lot, but not quite enough. So I remembered how great this was and picked a bottle up at the drugstore. Now, this is a very gentle, but incredibly effective cleanser that actually adds moisture back into your skin without leaving a nasty film on your face. I honestly have never used a cleanser that does this, no matter high or low end. I just can't say enough good things about this!