Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

3.9

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth 10, Citric Acid, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Lanolin Alcohol, Imidazolidinyl Urea

on 10/1/2009 1:53:00 PM

Love this cleanser. I have very sensitive and acne prone skin and was looking for a cleanser that removed sunscreen and longwear foundation without drying my skin.

Purpose is too drying, Cetaphil doesn't remove makeup whatsoever, Cerave breaks me out, etc., etc.

This takes everything off but leaves my skin soft and not overstripped. Doesn't break me out, non-leaking pump dispenser, no scent, leaves no oily film, and $5.99 at Ulta. Simply perfect.

on 7/17/2009 1:10:00 PM

out of all the face wash/ cleansers i've ever bought in my entire life, this is the only one that i can say i would use forever. it relieves redness even better than eucerin's other redness reducing cleanser. at least for me. it soothes my skin, cleans well, never drying. great for winter or summer. i just use this cleanser & h2ocean foam moisturizer on my face.

on 7/8/2009 2:26:00 PM

I love this cleanser for my super sensitive acne-prone skin. Other than my sappo hill oatmeal soap and dove sensitive skin bars, this is the only other cleanser that I allow to touch my face. It's extremely gentle, non-drying, fragrance-free and removes all my makeup (except waterproof mascara). It doesn't make me break out and it leaves my face super clean.

on 6/14/2009 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have really sensitive skin, and this product doesn't irritate it at all (or my eyes, which are also extremely sensitive). The lack of scent is nice, and it cleans my face well. I just really dislike the consistency of the product. I will probably stick with my Basis cleansers henceforth.

on 5/31/2009 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to be a hater, but i hated this product.
For a cleanser for sensitive skin, this really burned my eyes.
on a positive note, it did clean my face well, removing most if not all of my makeup. However, it also did break me out.

this product did not work on me.

i was comparing the three cleansers cetaphil, purpose, and eucerin... all of which are for sensitive skin.

so far, purpose is too expensive
eucerin is too harsh and breaks me out

so i like my cetaphil which is gentle, cleans thoroughly, moisturizes and lasts really long. you just have to get use to it and know how to use it

people who truly have sensitive skin should stay away from this product.. it will make your skin red and acne worse. others are welcome and probably be a wonderful product.

on 5/14/2009 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this!!! When I first used it, it had a slight chemical smell which made me worry about if it was going to be too harsh on my sensitive skin, but I'm so glad I kept using this, because its wonderful! It takes off all my makeup but doesn't leave my skin super tight. Love it!!
UPDATE: this irritated my skin after awhile :o(

on 4/4/2009 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a wonderful, fragrance-free cleanser that I turn to often. It gently cleanses and takes off all of my makeup including eye makeup without irritation, dryness and redness. Best of all, this leaves no residue. What more could I ask for?

on 2/12/2009 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this cleanser. My skin is combo, sensitive, and prone to acne. This gives me just enough cleansing oomph without overdrying my skin. It will take off everything except the most water-resistant makeup and sunscreens, but those always require cleansing oil IME anyway. I doubt this cleanser was ever meant for anyone with dryish skin, but it is wonderful for sensitive oily types

on 1/3/2009 4:03:00 PM

I wanted to love this product. It did not leave my face tight like most cleansers (ie Purpose), or an icky film (ie Cerave, Cetaphil). After 5 days it gave me a bad breakout on my chin.

on 12/14/2008 11:19:00 PM

I was looking for a gentle cleanser to rotate with my acne cleanser, and this one was a disappointment. I can't believe SLS is the first ingredient after water in a cleanser for sensitive skin that is supposed to be hydrating! You get a good amount of product for the price, but I didn't find it gentle or hydrating. EDIT: After using this cleanser as a brush cleaner for a while, I started using this after my Softymo oil cleanser at night to get rid of the remaining residue, and it's done a great job. It doesn't remove makeup well, but does nicely as a follow-up cleanser to rinse my face clean from residue. Will repurchase!