April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Cleansers - Eucerin - Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this product. It did not leave my face tight like most cleansers (ie Purpose), or an icky film (ie Cerave, Cetaphil). After 5 days it gave me a bad breakout on my chin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by anitaeyu

I was looking for a gentle cleanser to rotate with my acne cleanser, and this one was a disappointment. I can't believe SLS is the first ingredient after water in a cleanser for sensitive skin that is supposed to be hydrating! You get a good amount of product for the price, but I didn't find it gentle or hydrating. EDIT: After using this cleanser as a brush cleaner for a while, I started using this after my Softymo oil cleanser at night to get rid of the remaining residue, and it's done a great job. It doesn't remove makeup well, but does nicely as a follow-up cleanser to rinse my face clean from residue. Will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by cheekyguy

This bottle is huge, first of all. I'm not sure I'd use it up. I use such a tiny bit each time and it foams up so much. I really love foamy cleansers, but they do not love me. Anytime I use lots of foam my skin feels tight, which may be due to using Tazorac, but I find that Cetaphil lotion-y cleanser works just fine for me. My skin has never been good with that squeaky clean feeling and always gets irritated and broken out with spots.

This seems so basic and nice and a good value, but I'm going to have to toss it. What would have been even nicer on the product would have been a twist and lock type pump dispenser for when you need to take it somewhere. Seems to be a great product for most, but too drying for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this a few winters back and forgot how much I liked it. My skin this year is particularly dry, and though the changes I made are helping a lot, but not quite enough. So I remembered how great this was and picked a bottle up at the drugstore. Now, this is a very gentle, but incredibly effective cleanser that actually adds moisture back into your skin without leaving a nasty film on your face. I honestly have never used a cleanser that does this, no matter high or low end. I just can't say enough good things about this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by linzeluv

I was looking for a gentle and non-irritating product to use while I'm on accutane for my cystic acne. This face wash really exceeded my expectations! It is not too moisturizing to make me oily but it doesn't dry my skin out either. The best part is that it washes off clean and doesn't leave that weird film I find many cheap cleansers do (aka Cetaphil & Neutrogena). It doesn't seem to have any scent at all and it foams up fairly well considering it is creamy. It removes all of my makeup without much effort (except my waterproof mascara). Plus, it is cheap, so if you don't like it there is no guilt throwing it out. The packaging is very basic, but I definitely like the pump action. I found this at my local Ulta, not sure what other stores carry it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

This is a great cleanser. I like it better than Neutrogena foaming because it is fragrance free, but it is also better than my usual Olay Sensitive Skin because it does not leave that funny film on my face. It gets all my makeup off and doesn't irritate or dry out my skin, plus it is a bargain! I'm very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jewleigha5

I love this cleanser! I prefer it to cetaphil because this one gets all of my makeup off. I use it with a soft face brush and it removes makeup and excess oil without drying. It's "hydrating" in so much as it does not leave my skin dry or tight at all, which is a first for me. I really needed a gentle cleanser without any fancy anti-acne, anti-aging, or anti-redness additives...and this is perfect! Definite hg.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2007 8:53:00 AM More reviews by jentalkin2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product removed all makeup and residue very well, but unfortunately it completely stripped my skin and left it feeling very dry and tight. Must be because SLS is the main ingredient. Might work well for very oily skins, but my combination skin didn't tolerate it well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 1:11:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Count me as one of the fans of this terrific cleanser! Packaging says that it has a "rich foaming lather" and "rinses clean". I'm not extremely impressed with the lather (not too much lather here), but I also know that something doesn't necessarily HAVE to lather to be a good cleanser. As others have noted, it is fragrance-free and rinses clean and is also very gentle (my skin has had some BAD BAD reactions to other products). I would also note that I have sensitive combination skin - some oily patches, but also I worry about drying out other parts of my face (cheeks especially) and just accelerating the darned aging process. This product, however, works well for me - no funny dry or itchy-scaly patches with continued use and...well, just a nice clean face after I use it. Some may want to note that the second ingredient listed is sodium laureth sulfate (I think some people prefer cleansers w/o SLS?). Overall, a real find!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by tw

I alternate this with Philosophy's Purity and Basis' Cleaner Clean wash. It's too foamy, but even if I get it in my eyes, it doesn't burn like Basis does. It's sort of halfway between the other two products and I can use it year round. It gets rid of a day's worth of grease and makeup and doesn't irritate. It doesn't aggravate my acne, either. It sometimes doesn't get rid of all my mascara or waterproof eyeliner, but only Purity is 100% reliable for that.