October 22, 2014 | 1365 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by ksinson87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of boredom I switched up my nightly beauty regimen and began using the Clinique 3 Kit system. I broke out in cystic acne along my jawline, cheeks, and even forehead (where I typically do not break out)! about 10+ pimples in total. I returned it, and began using this bar. It's been a week and a half and my skin is turning around! *PHEW* I enjoy the clean (medicinal, almost) scent. The lather is also nice. It helps to take your time to lather it extra well in your hands so you have a lot of suds to reduce the friction between your fingertips and face. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. However, I would not recommend this for people with dry skin because it may exacerbate your dryness...that's why I gave it a two for packing as it advertises it's intended for dry skin. I've been using this with a daily benzoyl peroxide treatment. I believe the two products synergize and have been effective in improving my blemishes. Will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by xxedelweiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

for me, this is an okay product. it makes your face feels clean after you wash ur face, but, i dont think it really helps with my acne prone skin :/ i still like cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser better. it cleared up my skin more than this bar does. i dont know if im going to purchase this again or not..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think that this product is so so. Personally I don't like the gel cleanser because it i feel that it doesn't clean my face enough. For acne prone skin it's good that the bar is antibacterial to rid of the bacteria left on the skin. However it is pretty gentle as it hasn't dried out my skin as most bar soaps do. It just cleanse my face it doesn't do much else.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by honeyyummy

When I feel like my skin is out of wack, this is the first product I reach for. After using it my skin calms down and my breakouts are greatly reduced. It can be a little drying, but nothing a little moisturizer can't fix. Otherwise it makes me skin feel super clean! The only gripe I have is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by callire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to get an antibacterial soap since I live in a very germ-y environment and I wanted to make sure that all the bugs were both killed and washed away at the end of the day. I don't have body acne or anything like that, so I can't comment on the soap's usefulness in that regard. Anyway, I like this soap a lot. I have dry to very dry skin and while this isn't moisturizing enough for me to skip the lotion, it doesn't seem to dry me out either. I leave as moisturized as I come in, I guess. Good soap, nice scent, will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by brooklynchick72

Dermatologist recommended this to me for body breakouts. I have been a convert ever since. Especially in summer, I would not use any soap but this. Not at all drying, but keeps me from breaking out along bra straps, etc.

Re: packaging: does it really need a plastic wrap and a box? Seems like a bit much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Hinaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best cleanser I have ever used! I have acne-prone skin. I pretty much only break out on my cheek area, and that's probably the worst area to break out. Though I don't have bad acne, I still felt insecure at points. After trying, clinique, proactiv, Kate sommerville, neutrogena, natura bisse, kaneno Sensai, okay...you get the point. This mixed into my regimen has given the best skin I have ever had. It looks absolutely amazing. I want to help others as much as I can, cause I know how it feels. So I'll write my regimen here, it's very inexpensive, sans one product.
So first, I remove my foundation every night with Shu Uemura's cleansing beauty oil in the green tea version (which is the best makeup remover I've ever used, and keeps my skin SO clear and soft) and also the most expensive, retailing at about 130, but lasts forever. Then I get my cetaphil cleanser and wash my face with my clairasonic, after that I tone about 3 times, depending on my mood. One with a green tea bag, then lit it dry, then with my oolong tea bag, then let it dry, then with my Thayers Alchohol Free Witchazel toner with aloe vera, I let that dry, then apply my Neutrogena 3-in-1 hydrating acne treatment (works wonders for redness and bumps) then I moisturize with my Dermalife skin care formula with vitamins moisturizer (found at whole foods) and that's it. Weekly I use Kate Sommerville's exfoliate to slouch off dead skins cells. But this regimen has left my skin 'clean, clear, and undercontrol' everything is extremely affordable, minus Shu Uemura, which is very worth it, cause it'll last probably more than a year! And the Clairasonic is something everyone should have, cause it'll work wonders for your skin. :) I hope this helps someone! Let me know :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I switched to this cleanser after my dermatologist told me to do so due to a new skin routine.
I was really scared this wouldn't work/break me out because it wouldn't mesh well or wouldn't be strong enough.
I was very surprised that it works very well. Lathers up nicely, I feel it cleaning and leaves my skin smooth, without drying or anything.

Since my skin is acne prone and sensitive, I'm very weary of trying completely new products. I thought I needed something almost to the harsh side to battle any skin problems and I was proved wrong.

I do see that it takes off my makeup decently. But honestly, if you're looking for a face wash to do everything for you, you're going to be disappointed quite often. That's why they make makeup removing products. So don't expect this to be an all-in-one.

I gave it a four because obviously, it doesn't exfoliate. I think that I may use a wash cloth with the soap from now on to cover that.

I don't thank this soap for being the sole cause of my skin improving but it DOES help. With other products, this is very gentle and wouldn't irritate the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by beans2689

This is great for my sensitive skin. It never breaks me out and i've used it for years. I sometmes switch it up though and use the liquid cleanser for normal to oily skin in the summer because I'm often oily in my T-zone. The cleansing bar helps with that too, however, it sometimes becomes too dry after extended use which is why i rated it a 4 instead of 5.

p.s.- for those concerned about the price of the bar, try Basis brand gentle cleansing bar. similar results, similar product, but usually costs less =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a body soap.
Thus antibacterial soap has been amazing! I use primarily on my underarms and feet. I feel fresher and use less deodorant. Love!