August 20, 2014 | 1082 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by purestfeeling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It removes my sunscreen and make-up quickly and easily without drying my skin or causing irritation. I put a dollop on each cheek, my forehead, and my chin and massage them over my skin. I then take a wash cloth, wet it thorougly, then wring it out to the best of my ability before proceeding to wipe my make-up off. With any clean portions of the wash cloth I will then lightly massage my face in circular motions to give some slight physical exfoliation and be sure there's no ss or make-up residue left to cause irritation or breakouts.

This leaves my skin soft and glowing without any need to moisturize afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by dalala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I converted from Ponds cold cream and have been using this product for 2 months and I am loving it! I massage this into my skin, wipe with a cotton pad, and follow up with a foaming cleanser to get rid of the greasy feeling off my face. Since this helps me take off my ELDW, I really think it helps to keep clogged pores from mu at bay. This is very simply formulated with mineral oil and without fragrance, which is a big plus. It has never broken me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

This is a big old jar of wonderful goop. It looks like vaseline but behaves like a more fluid version of traditional cold cream.

I've only been using this a few days, but I enjoy it a lot. I bought it because I had recently gotten into using cold cream and the one I am currently using is going to be discontinued. So I decided to search for something new before I ran out. Currently I am using both this and the other cold cream, but I am using the Albolene to remove my full face of makeup at night. It has been doing a great job. There are times that one application will get everything off, but I sometimes have to apply it twice if I have some stubborn mascara or eyeliner, but that second application usually gets everything off. I like to wipe this off with a wet wash cloth and then I follow it up with a swipe of witch hazel. Usually with my cold cream I will add some Olay Original Active Hydarting Beauty Fluid after the witch hazel, but I think this slightly more moisturizing because I don't feel the need to add moisturizer after this all the time.

I will say the first night I used this I woke up with a nice underground zit on my chin, but it seemed to go away quickly and no other zits like it have popped up so far. My review is pretty soon so I will see if my acne-prone skin tolerates this over time. I have admittedly only been using this product for about 3-4 days. I am also on an acne medication and don't know how my face would handle this without medicine. I have put all sorts of oils on my face and usually my face handles mineral oils well so who knows. I won't lie when you look at this stuff at first you can't help but think of greasy acne fest, but so far it hasn't caused that. I think the undergrounder was hormonally related. I will promptly change this review accordingly if anything changes and my opinion becomes decidedly negative.

That being said if you are considering this product I say give it a try. You get a TON of product for the price and it will last for a very long time. It is a nice product if you get sick of the hassle of washing your face in a sink. You will still have messy tissues or wash clothes, but you aren't left with a sopping wet face; searching for a towel. I personally find that wonderfully appealing. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by kcj1314

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

At first I hated this! But I kept using it because of the raving reviews. After learning how to use this I am in love. My face is clearer, softer, plumper...you name it. Oh, it had also been awesome for my eyelashes. They are the longest they have ever been. Here is how I use it...
I get a big glob and rub it between my hands until it liquefies. Then I rub it until I feel like my makeup has melted away. I use any extra for my hands and feet, lips, etc. then I take an old towel and wipe the day off. I try to leave a thin layer of it on my face and more around my eyes and eyelashes.
This is a cheap, affective and multipurpose product. It lasts forever and Has really improved my skin!

Edit: so sad! I think this is clogging my skin. It took a while but I am pretty sure it's the culprit. Bummed out

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

This product is amazing. I just reviewed DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil and realized I've never reviewed this. This removes makeup better than any expensive cleansing oil I've tried and also better than Clinique's Take Off the Day Cleansing Balm, which is twice the price for about half the product. This has never caused me any skin issues and is a great gentle cleanser. I highly recommend this for removing makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by XOXkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank god for this stuff. I will repurchase this for as long as i need something to remove makeup. I always used makeup remover pads which just left my sensitive skin irritated and dry. I use this every night and wipe it off with a warm wash cloth, leaving my skin moisturized and soft. I don't like how unhygienic the tube is, but the product literally melts my makeup off. i love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Price:
12 bucks, which can be expensive for drugstore. You do get a ton of product, though.

Packaging:
A humongous tub of goop. Clunky, unsanitary, impossible to travel with. But again, you do get a lot of product. The lid is a screw on/off cap that I had some difficulty getting off at first--make sure your hands are completely dry, or else the lid won't budge.

REVIEW

My skin type: extremely cloggy, little/no inflammatory acne, combination/dry.

Albolene clogged me literally overnight, within just hours of wear. I am so disappointed, because this product is absolutely wonderful for getting rid of dry patches and keeping skin hydrated sans moisturizer. But seriously, never have I ever had a reaction so instantaneous and so bad to a product...except for pure glycerin moisturizer.

Don't swear off of Albolene if you really are deadset on trying this cleanser. Just please, patch test!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Far too expensive for the ingredients. They are cheap ingredients, so it's basically a rip off. Pond's cold cream does the same thing, or original Nivea. I hate to break it to people, but mineral oil and petrolatum are not that good for your skin.
This product consists of mineral oil, petrolatum, paraffin (oil), cerosine, and beta carotene.

"The cheapest way to make a moisturising cream is to use Paraffin Oil, also called Mineral Oil, which is derived from petroleum.

Most pharmacy creams use this oil, and add very small amounts of other ingredients for their label. This makes a very inexpensive cream, but not necessarily a product that is good for the skin.

The link between poorly refined mineral oil (Paraffin Oil) and health problems such as eczema is well documented in various peer reviewed studies. For more info click here for a study done by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.

The following study found that "Analyses of mineral oils used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes reveal the presence of several carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons." Click here for link to the full report.

A cream routinely given to children with eczema may actually cause them more harm than good. A survey of 100 British children treated with aqueous cream (Paraffin Oil and Water) has found it irritated over half of them. Their symptoms ranged from redness and itchiness to burning and stinging, which risk making their condition worse. Writing in The Pharmaceutical Journal, the researchers urged patients and clinicians to be aware of the problem." Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3244814.stm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

About 3 weeks ago, I had a chemical burn/reaction on my face from using a new skincare line. I woke up to my face red and itchy, and hard to the touch. It felt like several bees have stung my face. It hurt so bad nothing, not even my most sensitive facial cleansers were able to calm my skin. For several hours, I tried many things: honey (because its supposedly good for burns), oatmeal (because its antimicrobial and very gentle) but nothing worked to truly calm my skin down. Then I researched what would work for chemical burns on the skin. Someone posted that paraffin is great for calming redness and burns. I have both Aquaphor and Albolene for my ezcema, but only Albolene has paraffin in it. So I put it on my face and boy, did it feel great. Though it felt like I was rubbing oil all over it, it instantly calmed my skin down and I stayed home and slathered it all over my face. I even slept with the oily product, not caring what it would do to my pillow. After 2-3 days my face was slowly peeling and coming back to normal. Though I rarely use this product on a daily basis, I come back to it when my skin it extremely dry. I use it as a moisturizer when I'm very dry, even though I have acne-proned skin and it doesn't break me out. One of the best uses of this product is actually adding it onto the St. Ives scrub. Usually that scrub it very harsh on my face and leaves me very dry rinsing. When I apply a scoop of Albolene along with the scrub, my face is left smooth and hydrated and so far it's done wonders for my dry, yet acneic skin. I paid about $12.99 at Rite Aid but it's found in many drugstores. It is truly a great product with many uses, and it has very minimal ingredients. I would recommend this to just about anyone!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by happyalibaba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

It is too messy to use and the tissue off action irritates my skin though it remove makeup beautifully.

I am oily very acne prone skin but I am loving this. I use this as my sole cleanser. That is, I don't use another foaming cleanser to remove the oily film left behind after Albolene because my skin is also prone to flakes and dryness due to tretinoin treatment and I don't want to strip off all oils. I already can tell my skin is loving it although I have only used it for 3 days.

Highly recommend if you can tolerate mineral oil.