Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder - Translucent

3.9

Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Butylparaben. /- May contain: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Carmine (Cl 75470).

on 3/15/2010 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love it. I'm cool toned and there is a cooling white cast to this that gives me the perfect base. I'd buy it again for the gorgeous compact alone, which is heavy and substantial - feels like a quality item. There's a nice big mirror too. This is the perfect compact as far as I'm concerned. It deserves a great pair of sunglasses as its handbag companion.

on 2/23/2010 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

As a setting powder, I don't like it. I'm pale (MAC NC20, BB Warm Ivory) and this LM powder is white. It takes away the tiny amount of warmth I have in my skin and washes me out. It also doesn't mattify for long, maybe an hour at the most before I have to reapply. Also, it makes me itch HORRIBLY. I don't know if it's the bismuth, the talc or the silica, but ones of them makes my skin crawl! If it weren't for that, it actually wouldn't be bad as a touch-up powder. It doesn't cake up and it doesn't disturb my makeup underneath. It just cuts the shine for a while. I got a free mini of this from Sephora, but I wouldn't purchase.

on 10/21/2009 1:33:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

This powder is magic! At my age I really have to watch that I don't accentuate my....er, ahh..."fine lines". That said, I have the same oily T-zone that I had when I was 16. What can a girl do? I've tried finishing powders in the past and none of them looked right at all. Some were too sparkly..some would cake...others lasted about 15 minutes and then made me even oiler. I was hesitant to shell out for this one but I just get sick of blotting all the time and the reviews here for this powder sold me. This is definately the HG of setting/finishing powders for me. It works best if I apply it with the included sponge. Swipe a bit and massage the sponge so the powder is evenly distributed and then press and roll it onto my face. I also use my kabuki if I'm in a rush but the sponge method really makes my pores vanish. I'll admit that for the first few minutes my skin can look a little dry-ish but it quickly takes on a glow. No shine...just a soft glow and my oily T-zone doesn't trouble me for hours. Fabulous! One more thing....I have an odd light-neutral colouring. Not quite olive, not quite yellowy and definately no pink. Foundations are hard to match, always a slight tint off and generally will turn too yellow as the day wears on. For instance I use Clair in Chanel foundations and it's a close match but not perfect . This powder, although it doesn't lighten anything, somehow makes my Teint Innocence exactly the same as my own skintone. Like I said..magic!

on 8/16/2009 2:58:00 AM

PROS:
--Finely milled
--Will work on any shade of skin color
--Excellent to set your foundation base.

CONS
--Can't think of a single thing wrong with it

on 8/13/2009 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I like this pressed powder to control shine. The SA at Sephora suggested this product to me and said it's the best translucent powder they have to control shine. I was a bit skeptical because when I asked her, she happened to be standing at the Laura Mercier counter restocking the items. It seemed like too much of a coincidence, almost like she was too lazy to point out anything else since she was right there. But i decided to just go with it and try it out and it works pretty good. The SA told me to take the sponge that's included, take some powder on the sponge and work the powder into the sponge with both hands, almost like when you are taking out deodorant stains on a piece of clothing and rub the fabric together. Then she said instead of wiping the face, roll the sponge onto the skin and that prevents a white cast. She was right, it leaves a slight sheen at first but even that disappears after a few minutes and you're left with perfectly clean looking, matte skin. I have the oiliest skin in the world and after 3-4 hours, my skin looks dewy, not oily like it usually does.
UPDATE: I will not be repurchasing though because the price is ridiculous for a translucent powder. It's good but it didn't blow me away enough to make me want to spend $30. I think LM products are overrated.

on 7/25/2009 10:54:00 PM

This was another Laura Mercier product I purchased about a month ago. I use it to set my foundation .. it is an ok product but it didn't WOW me so I doubt I will be repurchasing this again. In fact the overall Laura Mercier experience has left me a lil disappointed with the brand. I have never disliked a particular brand before and I have to say Laura Mercier is coming quite close to it.

It doesn't last long and I have to reapply on my T-zone every couple of hours .. the color itself isn't very translucent, in fact I found it made my face rather grey...

on 6/2/2009 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this plus a grip load of samples from a salesgirl that was dating my boyfriends best friend. I love it, and used every last bit of it. It kept my makeup on! But there's a subtle white sheen after pressing/buffing it on. I still love it and am considering buying the actual package.

Edit* I noticed a white cast from the powder. Did they change the formula? Or did I get a crappy one. I'll just keep it in my box as a back up.

on 5/3/2009 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The SA keeps on telling me that it can be used on fair-dark skin even though it looks pastel white on the pan. I've also read online that it can, but alas! It has a chalky cast to it. It also has very little amount of product for that kind of price. But the packaging is lovely, very classy. I just swoon when I hold it in my hand. But that's about it...it will collect dust in my cabinet. Btw, dunno why but somehow it enhances my pores! I thought this would be like Lancome's NO COLOR pressed before. I was disappointed.

on 4/4/2009 1:17:00 AM

I've been using this compact for about 6 months now, and I've decided that I don't really like it. Maybe my skin has received some sun exposure or something, but this powder really does look "white" on my skin. I have to reapply very often (about every 30 min) if I want to maintain a matte finish, and this seems a bit excessive. I do like the size of the compact - it is small and fits nicely in my purse. Unfortunately, it's coming out of my pocketbook for the foreseeable future.

This product is just "okay". It does seem to cast a white veil over my skin, in a bad way. I'm NC40. It is finely milled and seems to come off on my brush really easily that I feel like I'm wasting it. I can't use the puff or it really casts whiteness over me. It was nice to try and I'll probably use mine all up, but I won't be repurchasing this.