December 19, 2014 | 1375 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by SHEMP1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do love the shade/color but this is entirely too hard to apply myself. It's messy and thick. I would advise going to a nail salon if you want to wear this polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by ohboyitskayla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite nail polish in the entire world! It's the perfect shade, goes on beautifully, and lasts. I love the opaqueness of it. Can't say enough good things about this polish!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by kaalo13

I am convinced that I must have purchased a defective bottle, as the formula was a horrible, streaky mess that wouldn't become opaque after 7 coats. I have heard such good things about this polish, and the colour is beautiful, so I was really surprised when it just wouldn't go on nicely on my nails. I might purchase this colour again to see if the formula is better, but if it is anything like the bottle I have I will not be repurchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Sydera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh Fiji. What to do with you? This is my favorite nail polish color ever, but I just can't apply it right. I have negligible manicure skill. The first time I put it on, it reminded me of when I was a kid and used to chew bubble gum, ball it up into dots, and put it on my fingernails to pretend I had a manicure. Gummy is the exact right word. So I practiced, and I got some angled q tips to clean up my cuticles, and things got better. Still, I tend to put Fiji on my toes now, so at least my gummy-looking paint-smeared cuticles are farther from my face. The color continues to be magic on my skin tone (pale with yellow undertone) and very work appropriate. If I ever got manicures I would take Fiji with me to have it applied by a competent person!

I need three coats to get rid of streaks. Fiji does not chip easily, but it does show imperfections in the application. It's sort of the consistency of white out, and streaks can happen. I've never kept it on my hands long enough to get much tip wear, but I've left it on my toes for as much as three weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Ashliebella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate pinks cause I can never find the right shade, but this is the only one I'll use. It's my perfect pink. Very soft. Not at all obnoxious

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I can never get enough of pink shades, I just feel like I need to have all variations. Fiji is my newest acquisition. A milky pink with a strong white undertone to it. One of those classic, nude shades that is appropriate for any event in life. Very reminiscent of what the Kardashians would wear. I need three coats to make it work for me, and absolutely recommend a top-coat, otherwise it would take forever to dry. Some people say it's a dupe for one of my all-time favourite polishes OPI 'Mod About You', but Fiji is definitely less pink and more white, which is enough to not make it a complete dupe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Absolutely gorgeous milky pink that is perfect for spring / summer. Looks great on my NC20 skin and is perfectly opaque in 2 coats with no streaking issues so if you are looking for a sheer finish, this one is definitely not for you. I love this formula and the brush and would def repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by BeautysWithin16

This polish is one of my least favorites, not because of the color, i love the color! But the formula is horrible...i add one coat, perfectly fine, but when i go to add the second coat it gets streaky and i hate polishes that do this, a big no no for me! I did end up getting the desired look and it took 4-5 coats, in the end there was no streaking seen and it looked great! I don't recommend this just cause of the formula and the streaking but if you don't mind that then get it because the color is nice and i like that i goes with a lot of stuff i own, its natural!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by zaintek

Too opaque, looks like paint. I was going for more of a pink luminescent colour :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Addicted90

The formula for this polish is a little bit tricky, but if you have patience its definitely worth it! You will need 3 coats to make this opaque, I recommend a thin coat, a medium coat, and then a bit thicker coat. The colour is absolutely gorgeous and very flattering on my fair skin. If you have patience and a little bit of skill, I would go for it!