January 28, 2015 | 1791 users online

Claims - True or False?
1) concentrated hydration for very dry, chapped hands: False
2) Leaves hands noticeably softer and smoother: Somewhat true

Packaging:
Comes in a small opaque white squeeze tube with a twist-off cap, which is then packaged in a cardboard box. The tube does not list the ingredients, only the box does. The plastic is soft and easy to squeeze, the cap is easy to twist on and off although I'd prefer a flip-cap as it'd most likely be used for travel. The opening is small which is ideal for ensuring you don't over-squeeze product out.

Formula:
A clear, moderately thick lotion-gel type of consistency, almost sticky without actually being sticky (difficult to explain this aspect of the formula). No fragrance other than a slight ingredient musk.

Performance:
As a hand cream I was fairly disappointed. I found the formula to be too thick to feel comfortable on the skin, yet not very moisturizing on already dry skin. It takes a number of minutes for the cream to be absorbed and until then it feels tacky and greasy, although the skin doesn't look greasy at all. I find that it really only works at sealing the skin as opposed to providing moisture; if the skin isn't already moisturized (naturally or with product) then it really won't do much. It doesn't wash off much with water alone so it's nice if you will be washing your hands a lot. I felt that it didn't really spread properly on my hands, as it would kind of skip areas of my hands unless I used quite a bit of product which just made absorption and tackiness more of an issue. However, I've used it on small areas like my lips, eyes, and on scabs and it worked really well; absorbed quickly, didn't feel greasy unless too much was used, and only went white on my scabs. Used on my eyes I found that it hydrated without leaving my eyes feeling uncomfortable like they can with oil and it was easy to blot or rinse off any excess in the morning. On my lips it helps with providing quick relief but it isn't lasting and cannot be paired with other lip products otherwise they tend to ball up.

Bang for your Buck:
Product contains 50ml of cream and cost around $10CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart. For the amount given and for how much might be needed, it's definitely not worth the price.

Final Consensus:
I was fairly disappointed with this product as a hand cream. Ideally I see it working better as a petroleum jelly alternative for those who cannot use petroleum (I find it to be drying) or for sealing in moisture more so than for providing moisture. Although I do like it on my eyes and somewhat on my lips I would not likely repurchase. I actually much prefer the line's body lotion as a hand cream, both for its quick absorption and better hydrating abilities.
* Overall Rating: 2/5
* Price: 3/5
* Packaging Quality: 3/5
* Repurchase: No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by meilunyan

Personally, I didn't like this hand cream because every time I apply it my hands feel sticky. To make it not sticky I have to put on very little amount but then it is hard to spread around my hands. It kind of feels like Vaseline.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I used to think this was a good hand cream, but I can't say the same anymore. I am coming to find that this cream is too thick to spread on - sort of like petroleum jelly. It's hard to get enough out of the bottle to get some all over my hands... And when I seem like I've put enough for all of my hands, it takes forever to absorb. The smell is neutral which is something I appreciate. I don't like the container for it is really difficult to squeeze out the product when it is almost empty. I've come across more moisturizing hands creams such as Aveeno with much more simplicity to use. I won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by EllieDavionte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

IF you haven't tried this, try it. My hands used to get so dry in the winter time that they would split open slightly around my knuckles and bleed.... Then I started using this. It worked perfectly. If I ever need some skin seriously repaired, I know what to use. I cannot stress enough how much I love this cream. Love, love, love.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by AnnaSmith11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have pretty dry hands all year around especially in the winter so I am always for a look out for a good hand cream. This product is quite good but I'm not blown away by it.

TEXTURE: This comes out in a thin stripe (product opening is very small, sometimes you have to press quite hard to get it out) of clear/milky cream. It turns whiter and then clear as you spread it but I find it can be quite difficult. It also feels very sticky even after some time has passed which I don't like.

Also you only need a small amount for it to work. My 50ml bottle says it is concentrated for over 200 applications.

It moisturizes well, this effect can last for some time making hands feel soft. I can still feel that I have cream on my hands after a while.

SMELL: It has a slight cream like smell, not too powerful which is nice.

OVERALL this is a good moisturizing product for dry hands however it feels sticky which is why I probably won't repurchase this. If I could I would give this 3.5/5 instead of just 5. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Raysofthesun

The best hand cream I've tried I must say, but I use a hand cream liberally like 5 times a day, so the parabens inside this product bothers me a lot. I'm switching to a paraben free formula although I don't have any hope to find a cream hydrating this much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by SallytheCat

I love this stuff. It's my favourite hand cream! You only have to use a tiny bit so it lasts forever and your hands feel soft. I have dry hands, especially in the winter so it's a lifesaver. I definitely recommend it and would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by elifisiklar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all let me say, no other hand cream I've ever tried makes hands as soft as this. It's a vaseline-like cream, so it's not a good idea to use during the day unless you don't mind making everything you touch sticky, but if you apply it at night when you're going to sleep, you'll wake up with super soft hands. And the price is very cheap.

Will I buy this again? No. I care a lot about the health side of cosmetic products, and this cream, along with many other Neutrogena products, contains parabens. I like having soft hands, but I like being healthy more. If Neutrogena gives up on parabens, I'll be the first at the store, purchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by coursey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Borrowed this hand cream from a friend while in New York. This is probably one of those cream better suited for people living in colder areas. it takes a while for it to absorb well but it does get the job done.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by planetnars

This hand cream comes in no-frills, straightforward packaging. It costs less than $5 for 2.0 fl oz. and more importantly it works. It takes some time to absorb, so this is not rub it on your hands and go type of hand cream. The texture is a bit to get used to at first. It's not bad, it's just different. Most hand creams feel like a lotion or cream and they set pretty quickly. This will leave a slightly tacky sensation for 10 or 15 minutes afterward. It's good for "heavy duty" jobs. My hands felt better after one use, but they looked better after daily use over the period of a week and a half or so. They were less prone to drying out so much which is a plus. Many hand creams are what I like to refer to as "bag candy". They come in pleasing packaging, may have lovely scents, and don't really do much aside from providing a quick burst of temporary moisture. This hand cream actually works as a hand cream should.