August 27, 2014 | 1792 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by KattyBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Initially, I did not like this color. It is just very different than anything I've ever worn. It is kind of like a lavender based nude, like My Lips But Lavenderer, lol. Don't get that part wrong though, it is still in the nude family, to me. When I first got it, I almost wiped it off immediately, but my mom raved about how great it looked, so I left it on, and it really began to grow on me!
I'm surprised that many people here said it is so dark on them, it isn't on me, and I'm quite fair. It is about the same depth of color as my natural lip color. It is obvious, however, that this color would not be flattering for many people. I just lucked out.
The texture is quite creamy and smooth, and that is from the opinion of someone who finds lipsticks to normally be too dry. It has a mild "cosmetic" smell, which really doesn't bother me one bit. I have to reapply after a couple of hours, which is about average for me.
I find that I keep reaching for this color, more than I ever thought I would when I first tried it on. I'm glad I bought it. It looks really pretty to balance out a dark, doe-eyed look.
And, as always, thumbs up to NYX for being both inexpensive and cruelty-free!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

The color is only okay on me. But that's as far as the good aspects go for me. I HATE the texture and I HATE the smell! They're soo greasy and the smell is just kind of...rancid. I usually LOVE NYX products. This was just a fluke.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by LoveForever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to receive this product in a swap! I had been wanting it for months based on pictures I saw online and reviews I read both on MUA and on other websites. I couldn't wait to get it! When I received it the other day, I tried it on right away. It was AWFUL on my fair skin tone! It's funny because a lot of the reviews I've read said it looked great on others who have fair skin, but not me. It was way too dark and way too rosy and mauve for me. It just didn't look...right. I was also not overly impressed with the consistency of the lipstick. It was a bit too cake-y for my liking. I am used to creme and moisturizing lipsticks. This was a bit dry and I felt I needed to put a gloss or some moisturizing salve on over top of it in order to wear it (had it been my color). Would not have been a comfortable lipstick for me to wear alone. Overall, I would not recommend this lipstick but I would definitely be open to trying other shades of NYX lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by brinethery

This is not good lipstick. The quality is poor, very drying. Thalia is a very dark color. I was deceived by some other swatches of this color and unknowingly bought it. If you view the MUA images for this color, I'm the pale white person that took a photo wearing this lip color. Sorry, I look like crap because I have no other makeup on. But even with foundation, eyeshadow, and blush, I would still look like a clown with this lip shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by srl1212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

While the formula of this lipstick is quite good (non-drying, lasts okay), the colour is just horrible on me. All the pretty mauve/plummyness that attracted me to this colour and looks so good on other people and in the tube came up as brown (like really, really brown) on my pale, ultra cool toned skin.
I looked like I stepped out of the 90's.
So all you very cool toned girls out there, beware. I think this colour is for warm and neutral skin only.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Ruby885

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

We recently had a Nyx store open up at our local mall and I decided to try out some products including two of these lipsticks - one in Thalia and one in Blush (a nice pretty pink). I got them during a bogo promotion - I paid 4.99 for one lipstick and the other was free. Not a bad deal at all.

Anyways, I LOVE Thalia. It's a beautiful pinkish nude shade. I personally had zero issues with this lipstick. It's nice and creamy, it didn't dry my lips out, it goes on smooth. The one negative thing I will say is that, after a while the color will start to fade, so you might need to do touch ups every once in a while. Aside from that, I can't think of anything negative about this product. For the price, it's not a bad product.

I would recommend this lipstick since I would definitely re-purchase it myself.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Rubbed off easily, was a bit drying, and it made my lips look purple! Very much a 90s MLBB shade. Won't be repurchasing. Didn't flatter me one bit.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by efts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lipstick goes on smoothly but it dried my lips out in a few hours. "Thalia" is a plummy nude shade but I find it a bit unnatural as it is slightly too purple.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

*my answer on "would you buy this product again?" is for the color Thalia only, not the lipstick itself.

I am really trying to love these lipsticks. I bought three colors: Thalia, Perfect and Heather.

Honestly, all three of these colors look pretty much the same on me. When they arrived, I noticed how almost alike these colors were, though online they all looked completely different.

Thalia is a neutral color, which is nice. Considering I have 2 other tubes of pretty much the same colors, I will not be repurchasing.

These lipsticks are very greasy, or "slick" ... I prefer a much thicker lipstick for staying power, so you'll need to blot and apply powder and then reapply for some wear time. Otherwise, these will wear off quickly.

I am not ready to give up on the round lipsticks just yet. I want to try a few more, because I feel I'll be able to find some awesome shades considering the color range they have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by k1zuna

EXTREMELY flattering on my lips.
For reference, I am: Asian, NC30, with pigmented rosy-colored lips.

Will repurchase this product for years to come!