MAC Viva Glam II

3.7

on 8/8/2012 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like the color of MAC Viva Glam II. My lips are naturally a deep red, which I dont like too much. So I usually look for pigmented lighter pale pink lipsticks or nudes to bring down the redness. This is a light nudish pink on me. I dont use it too often as it's kind of flat.. but if you put some gloss on top it looks awesome. It's a very pretty color. I would definitely buy it again.

on 7/8/2012 6:47:00 PM

I am a little sad to see such low ratings for this lipstick. It is the newest edition to my collection and I really love it. I always buy nudes and love them for a little while and then I start to hate them or not use them. I realize that they are too pink or too orange and I want it neutral. I love neutral lips or very bright (which I rarely wear) and other everyday lips were not doing it for me. My other everyday nude which is lighter and pinker is MAC A Perfect Day (LE). This, however, is exactly what I am looking for in an everyday color. It is closer to my lips but calms the pink down in my lips and adds a satin/matte finish that I love (I hate shiny lips on me). I really like that the color is browner than other colors in the shade range because that helps it from being too pink on my pigmented lips. I got mine at a CCO but would definitely repurchase full price if I use it up (never actually finished a MAC lipstick).

on 6/4/2012 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i always wanted an effortless nude lipstick that doesnt look dead on me. i'm a nc40-42 and this lipstick look grayish on me ....i need to use a lip liner with it or else i would never wear this on its own...but i'm too lazy to do extra step to achive a nice nude lips so i would not repurchase this

on 5/28/2012 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had made a compulsive purchase at MAC, and it happened to be VIVA GLAM II.
I tried on at work the first time, I didn't like how dark and browish it came out on my lips, because the swatch on my hand was soo pretty.
I have big and full lips which made me look hedeous with emphasized flakes and lines at the time (since it's the satin finish).
This must have been because of the lighting at work.
I came home, exfoliated my lips, put some burts bees lip balm and then put this lipstick again,
OMG... how long I have been searching for this colour....
it's the nicest pinky beige colour I have ever put on my lips, definitely a nude, however I think I can wear this alone as well without looking washed out cuz it's like a great concealer for your lips... not the yellow concealer you put on your face, but a concealer for the lips that's like the shade of our lips you know what I mean?
it coats a a nice shade on the lips making them look very natural and sexy.
I am a nc20-25 for reference,
the only thing, I don't like how it emphasize my lip lines... and I guess this depends on the person,
but I never thought I had this much lines.. lol
anyway it was a good buy I love this lipstick! :)

on 5/12/2012 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have a love / hate relationship with this lipstick. The color comes of pale in my lips. It is indeed nude. It looks good when I top it off maybelline lip plumper in 605. But I do know a perfect dupe for this one its by L'oreal - fairest nude. They both have the same finish. But I find the L'oreal last longer than Mac.

on 4/9/2012 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has got to be my favorite lipstick of all time. It's my "go to shade" and I think it just looks so flattering with any look, dramatic or subtle/everyday look. I wore this to a wedding the other day and was asked several times what I was wearing on my lips! It also smells great, of course, the MAC traditional vanilla scent. I will be repurchasing this when I run out of it. Again.

on 3/28/2012 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

at first i hated this, but then i layered it over stripdown by mac and it looks good! its nothing special but atleast now i can get some use out of it.

on 3/19/2012 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This lipstick was such a disappointment to me. I swatched it on my hand and that was my biggest mistake as it looked rosey, natural and very nice. However, when I tried it on my own lips it was so unflattering! It gives me an unhealthy look, kind of sickness complexion. Anyway, Im using it as a cream blush and it looks ok on my cheeks, but of course, that was not how I meant it to be.

I only bought this from mac because each purchase of the viva glam lipstick goes 2 charity the HIV aids fund!! Its a nice lipstick and colour but i just h8 satin finishes. I love amplified creme and cremesheen finishes from mac because they are so creamy and lovely.

I love this lipstick! It reminds me of loreal fairest nude for sure! The texture is nice, since it is a satin, and color payoff is great as well!

Popular Lipsticks