Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa I'm in the Mood for Scrub

4.1

on 8/5/2005 12:06:00 PM

I felt guilty for hating this product (while everyone else seems to love it!), so I didn't give it as harsh a rating as I wanted to. My problem with it was primarily with the smell. Now I will readily admit that I'm a scent girl, and I love clean, sweet scents. This, to me, smells very strongly of a cheap bar soap -- like some no name deodorant soap you'd find in a gas station bathroom. I was so taken aback by the smell that I didn't really notice the effects of the scrub itself. It was a bit too grainy for my taste; I prefer gentler scrubs. For a good scrub, I would recommend Clinique's Sparkle Skin (is that what it's called?) Body Exfoliator, which is gentle and leaves a nice clean scent.

Weird. This is the only product in the True Blue line that actually is BLUE. Very blue. In fact, there's lots of little blue bits that don't totally dissolve in the shower. However, it's nice. It smells like Soft Scrub, the lemon kind. It makes my skin very nice and soft, and the bottle is gigantic. I can't comment on the price, I got two of these free with a purchase of $20. Which I did twice. It's nice, but I think 'Take Your Sweet Time' is scrubbier and better smelling, plus the packaging doesn't get as squished and creased. I might get it again, but I sure as hell won't pay $20 for it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My ulitmate body scrub. I can't handle the oily, greasy body scrubs that leave a sort of "film" on your body and turns not slipping in the shower into an art form. This stuff isn't like that, and that's why I love it. It's a cleansing scrub, meaning it does the job of a cleanser and an exfolliant. Brilliant! What a time saver! I like the fact it's bottled instead of in a tub, that way it isn't as messy and won't tip and spill everywhere and in the worst cases, shatter in the shower. The smell is somewhat herbal, but you get used to it and look forward to the clean feeling it gives you, unlike a sugarish, foody smell. It's fairly abrehsive, but I like that. Much better than Lancome's gommage, which doesn't even feel like it's scrubbing. And a much, much vetter value. Still, $20 bucks is $20 bucks, but the bottle should last a couple of months. The effect? It removed all the little rough bumps I had on the upper part of my arm and keeps the areas I shave from getting ingrown hairs, not to mention baby soft skin that I am complimented on all the time. Will repurchase over and over.

on 7/21/2005 7:14:00 PM

This is the kind of scrub I've been looking for. I love it! It smells great, It's not too harsh, and I don't have to put on lotion when I get out of the shower because it's so moisturizing!

on 6/23/2005 6:49:00 PM

Just got this the other day on a buy one get one free and I have to say I'm impressed! At first I wasn't too sure about the smell and when I lathered it on and scrubbed up I was almost sure that I hated it, but once I rinsed and toweled off, the smell softened to a nice fresh clean scent. As for the scrubby-ness, it seemed to really scrub well, not too abraisive but enough to exfoliate and the lather was an added bonus. I have to say I like the squeeze bottle packaging MUCH better that those scrubs that come in a jar and you have to scoop out (messy!) and I like the fact that it doesn't leave an oily residue in your shower or tub. I've used B&BW warm vanilla sugar scrub, and while I liked how the oil felt on my skin after toweling off, I hated the messy jar it came in and the way I had to watch that I didn't break my neck getting in the shower after using it due to the oil slick it created in there! So, overall, I really really like this product and they ONLY thing I can complain about is the price...$20.00, alittle more than I would like to pay, but hey, on a buy one get one sale, I'll just bite my tongue!

on 6/21/2005 11:44:00 PM

I love this scrub and for almost 2 years - I will not use anything else. Fresh, clean smell - not too "girly" and doesn't interfere with perfume or body splash and it leaves my skin incredibly clean and soft, no matter if it is winter (the only time I have dry skin) or summer (high humidity=oily skin for me). I have just started trying self tanner (Jergens Natural Glow Medium for the first time tonight) and I'm interested to see how well it does for exfoliating pre-application. $20 for a bottle may seem like alot - but you really don't have to use alot each time, lasts me quite a while (6-8 months of daily, sometimes twice daily use).

on 6/13/2005 12:31:00 AM

This is a great scrub! It's $20, but you get a huge bottle for this amount. It's a rather harsh scrub, but it does the trick. Lather up, rinse and you are left with soft skin with a pleasant clean smell. Am on my second bottle. bath and Body has GREAT customer service with a no questions asked return or exchange policy. If you don't like it return or exchange it.

on 5/4/2005 10:17:00 AM

This is a great product! It feels great and isn't to gritty. The scent is so yummy! I only got a small bottle in a Valentine's Day gift set and i'm still using it. I'll be going back for the regular size bottle.

on 3/27/2005 5:56:00 PM

Another great scrub for more frequent users (gentle scrubbies). Love the scent, which isn't overpowering. As with most of BBW's "specialty" lines, this is more expensive then I'd like, but reasonable.

on 3/16/2005 11:05:00 AM

I love the True Blue Spa scents - so fresh and clean! "I'm in the Mood for Scrub" smells incredible; I would use it just for it's scent. The scrub isn't too rough or sharp, and leaves skin feeling refreshed, soft and "glowy." I deducted a lippie for $$ - it's a little too pricey for everyday use... I save it for special occasions.