December 18, 2014 | 992 users online

Eye Shadow - Trish McEvoy - Eyeshadows

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2003 11:29:00 AM More reviews by tesoroweddings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After 4 TM shadows...I won't be purchasing again. They absolutely do not travel well. I have the large planner and travel with it in my carry-on. Every time I travel, the shadows flake or even break off. It's most prevalent with the shimmery shadows. I've had the same problems with Stila (whose colors I prefer). I do like the size - I have the larger Stila rounds which I can't seem to go through. However, TM shadows seem expensive for the size. I'll be buying Chantecaille shadows from now on - they are of a superior texture and have great staying power. They also travel well! No more Trish McEvoy shadows for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2003 6:27:00 PM More reviews by claudie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the texture of these eyeshadows. They go on so smoothly, and last all day without any creasing! The only eyeshadow I have tried that stays completly crease-free, even better then Shu, NARS, and Stila. Some colors are very sheer, but when I want an eyeshadow I don't want to have to worry about creasing, I reach for these.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2003 9:17:00 PM More reviews by jenno

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best thing about Trish shadows is how they blend - awesome! Getting the "fade" light to dark - not problem. ANd the shimmer colors stay put. Plus you can get several colors, like 8!, in a single pan, which is great for space. Get the new large planner, put 8 shadows on top, a larger bronzer/all over face and two blushes on the bottom, and you are set for a season with lots of options and looks. I made a summer palette that ROCKS! Neutrals with peachy brights, a cool version of a bronzy look. No matter what I do with it, it turns out great. A am a fair brunette with blue eyes, so need some color, and I am just so impressed! I am making up a cool purple, grey, pink palette for winter right now. With these two, I am set. Plus, I can add extra's from other lines I love(like NARS) by adding the pans in and keep it all together. I love sorting out new looks for the week ahead. Very very convenient if you are a color collector. I wish she had more neutrals- but if you are deft at blending colors, you can get about anything out that you want. Edited palette is nice, you really cannot miss with these. Highly recommend.... only problem is, what am I going to do with all my BB shadows? Seem so stiff and hard to blend compared to these- they are packed harder in the pan, not so powdery, I can really notice the difference, and I wish the pans were smaller, so more would fit into my planner. I was soo into BB, but Trish is IT now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2003 4:48:00 AM More reviews by li1babe

First off, I may be biased b/c I LOVE Trish McEvoy. Anybody who favors looking naturally radiant will love TM. I prefer it when people say: You look great! over Your makeup looks great! ... that's what I get with TM. Okay, now that that has been said, TM eyeshadows are very smooth and last long. However, I must admit that Stila e/s crease less. However, TM has a wider selection of colors that naturally enhance the eyes. The downside is that they come in plastic cases so you have to get something to store them in. All in all, I'm a devoted TM e/s fan. Love the color selection & the texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2003 12:31:00 AM More reviews by productjunkie33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these eye shadows. The texture is great, and I love the range of colors. I actually like that the pans are small, because I can fit eight different colors in the medium sized charger, which is great to throw in a purse or travel bag. My favorite colors are 18 karat, soft peach, auburn, warm glow, lara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2003 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Kitkat1973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a professional makeup artist, I have tried about every department store brand of eyeshadows in the business, and for texture, I would have to rank Trish McEvoy's among the best. Creamy and smooth and long-lasting, these are lovely to apply, blend and wear. On the downside (I am trying to be unbiased even though I work with Trish at Neiman's), I feel like Trish needs to expand her color selection and add more seasonal colors (e.g., there are not nearly as many matte shades as I would like). Overall, a great product...and the shadows actually cost less now than they did when they were bigger circles (in response to post below). The shadows and definers are now $15 (the shadows used to be $17 and the definers $19).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2003 11:54:00 AM More reviews by gharrell

I have loved these shadows for five years and I have spent an fortune on Trish's planners and brushes. However, even though I like the new magnetic planner pages
and the fact you can now fit more to the page, SAME PRICE for HALF THE PRODUCT! Really upsetting to loyal customers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2003 11:56:00 PM More reviews by mharvey816

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been a fan of Trish's eyeshadows for years, and have many large round pans that I will never finish, just because they are so large and so well pigmented. So although I'm somewhat annoyed that the size has gotten much smaller, while the price has remained just about the same, the overall convenience of the smaller shadows helps tip the balance in favor of me continuing to buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2003 12:05:00 AM More reviews by RunLauraRun8

Just decided to treat myself to something chic, sophisticated, and most importantly, ORGANIZED since graduating college. So I opted for the Trish large planner, one planner page (which fits ALL of my favorite e/s!), and a slew of TM e/s. The MA at the store I went to tried four different looks on me. I must say, I was highly impressed with the colors and blendability. I think that usually the prices of these shadows would be too high for my tastes, but I did splurge this once and get all the shadows I liked this time! I have a feeling that after this one time, I will not be getting anymore since 1) I am content, and 2) I discovered that I can use the magnetic pages to store my (less expensive) Jane eyezings and MAC eyeshadows. A BIG plus. I might even consider getting another planner page if I ever end up digging out the rest of my eyeshadows out of their pots.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2003 4:17:00 AM More reviews by clafelz

After being a fan of all Trish products for many years I must say that since she revamped her line with higher prices for smaller packaging she has taken advantage of her customer. I still think she makes a superior product, but I will no longer be one of her best customers. I will not purchase anyting from the Trish McEvoy line anymore.