Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel

3.3

Aqua (Water); Glycerin; Alcohol; Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil; Panax ginseng Root Extract; Gingko biloba Leaf Extract; Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract; Rosa gallica Flower Extract; Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract; Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract; Echinacea purpurea Extract; Calendula officinalis Flower Extract; Viola odorata (Violet) Extract; Viola tricolor (Heartease) Extract; Spilanthes acmella Flower Extract; Bellis perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract; Stellaria media (Chickweed) Extract; Sambucus nigra (Black Elder) Flower Extract; Xanthan Gum; Rosa canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil; PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate; Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil; Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract; Fragrance (Parfum)*; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Lactic Acid; Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate; Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C); Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A); Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E); Linalool*; Geraniol*; Citronellol*; Eugenol*; Benzyl Benzoate*; Limonene*. * From Natural Essential Oil (Chamomile - Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria); Rose - Rosa centifolia)

on 12/15/2010 5:54:00 AM

I really liked it, because I stored it in the fridge, and when I woke up to a hot summers morning, it was the most refreshing thing on my face. But, I found that if you had senstive skin, it really stung, if you apply right before moisturiser, and then the moisturiser would be lie a comforter. It was really watery, and all you needed was one pump from the glass pump, and it got all over your face. You could get two pumps, but, it would have been a it too much for me. I found that the gel was WAY too expensive, because it costed me about 80 dollars. The website says that it was suppose to be for firming wrinkles, and was antiageing, which I must say, was true. It did tighten, and if you had dry skin, it might have felt really good when you apply, but afterwards, your skin would be craving for something cool and wet, with a similiar texture to it. And if it doesn't get what it wants, it'll crackle, if you have extremely dry skin.
So, the Pros and Cons:
Pros: The antiageing, firmness, the nice cooling feeling, need only a small amount, the texture - watery gel like. Packaging - a nice firm glass with pump.
Cons: The price. Dry skin users, beware! It makes you want to use more and more, and if you don't it might crackle your skin.
Overall, it was a good product, especially if you have wrinkles, and I would invest in it for a antiaging firming gel, but it is quite expensive.

on 11/21/2010 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wouldn't buy again. Because I don't know if it did contribute to my clogged pores and acne, but I didn't love it, I would be motivated to find something better out there. What it did do more that any other product I've probably ever tried is sink into my skin almost immediately leaving no residue whatsoever. Felt like food for my skin. I do like that all of the ingredients are completely natural. However, Jurlique seem to have the philosophy that anything with properties that are good for the skin all thrown together will do wanders. I think it's a bit more complex than this. Why so many oils in one product? Do they really know what they're doing? Surely a few specific ingredients for a specific known purpose is the way to do it than just throw lots of things onto the skin. Nice little fancy bottle. Distributes a timy nice little ammount. Not much is needed. I always found 1 to 2 pumps, inbetween 1 and 2 felt the right ammount

on 10/10/2010 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

feels nice but doesnt do anything special. is good at absorbing for my oily skin but made me break out alittle. i think there are lots better creams out there for a fraction of the price. smells nice

on 9/20/2010 8:37:00 PM

I saw none of the results that this product claims to do. It is greasy and ridiculously expensive. Great smell, though.

on 9/16/2010 6:07:00 AM

Loved this! Very light, sinks into skin, perfect for summer for those with oily skin. Goes nicely under makeup and provides just enough moisture, probably wouldn't be enough on it's own for winter. Only downside is it's really expensive. $60+ for 1oz.

on 9/2/2010 5:58:00 AM

I was given a large sample of this. I used it for 10 days and saw no difference whatsoever. I would not waste my money.

on 8/11/2010 2:18:00 AM

This product is aimed for 20-35 year olds. It is to prevent signs of aging, hence the age group it is aimed at. I have been using this for a year or two, I am only 21 therefore I am using this as a precaution. I use this before my moisturizer, and after I cleanse.

At night time, I use this as a night serum, without the moisturizer. I use it on damp skin, for it to sink in, and it does not leave a sticky residue.

on 8/3/2010 10:29:00 PM

I like this serum but I think the balancing day care cream may provide the same benefits. Absorbs well if you tap into the skin lightly with your fingertips. I like the smell.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have repurchased this product three times and really like it. I've tried other products to replace it but always come back even though it is a bit pricey. It moisturises my skin just enough and I love how it feels slightly tight after wards. I try to buy it when there is a promotion on so I can try other Jurlique products. For me it works well!

on 6/17/2010 11:58:00 PM

Received this gel as part of the balancing travel kit. It's been about two and a half, maybe even three weeks now and I still have yet to notice anything. I'm wondering if it's contributing to the minor breakout on my forehead? What exactly is this gel supposed to do again? Not a fan of the stickyness either. For a moisturizing/recovery gel I'm not quite sure why it makes the skin feel the way it does after application. I would not purchase a full sized version of this.

Popular Face Skincare Products