July 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Goldmine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by GulieQ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely gold that needs building when used on it's own. The MA told me that it's in the same "color/undertone family" as Sumptuous Olive (which is my HG), so if you look good in SO, you'll usually look good in this too. My shadow is not a pigmented as my other MACs--not sure what's up with that. This gold has a dupe: the gold in Cover Girl Coffee House. The color is exactly the same, the pigmentation is better with the Cover Girl, but the "finish" is way better with the MAC version. Could brush this over the CG it guess...seems sacriligous though .

Update: 11/7/10 This is a lovely color, but since I've found La Femme Gold and La Femme Golden Bronze, well, I no longer wear this. Goldmine is a GREAT shadow. But I'm using something I like more.
Bobbi Brown has gorgeous golds, but am allergic to them. Same with UD (Rush, etc...). I don't know why I'm allergic to everything except MAC and CoverGirl (The same company that owns MAC also owns BB, EL, Clinique, etc....) If MAC ever gets reformulated, I'm up the creek! continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by jbojangles

Great shimmery gold eyeshadow color. It's a true yellow gold with a touch of orange. Looks a little too warm applied alone on my pale, sallow complexion but when layered over cooler, darker shades, it works really well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

true 24K gold color. Very good and incredibly long wearing. The color is very buildable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by sheenl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted a true yellow gold and this was a tad orangey on me. I don't mind it since I'm building my eyeshadow collection and it's a great addition to all the colors I have. It looks great with browns, greens, blues and purples. I can even see it working with oranges and pinks/reds as well. This definitely should get more use in my palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 6:59:00 AM More reviews by blich10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best gold eyeshadow. It's a super smooth, easily blended shadow. A little goes a long way. It looks great on my NC20 skin and people always want to know what color this shadow is when I'm wearing it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by glamgal33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This si my favorite gold eyeshadow out of all brands. I was on a gold kick for a while and tried almost every gold I came across. It is a soft frosty color and looks great in the summer paired with bronze cheeks. I haven't used it for a while, will def pull it out of my case and start to again. I love this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really pretty color, it is not the exact gold shade i was hoping for though. It's a darker gold. Can be easily duped for a different less expensive brand. Still a pretty color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by MSEMR2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not my favorite shade of gold, because it can look very harsh at times, but it is something I still reach for occasionally. This is not a must have, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by dopista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG gold shadow for me (NC 42). Golds suit my skintone very well and I like pairing goldmine with greens like Humid, coppery colours like amberlights and coppering. Goldmine looks great in my inner eye corner and I always use Rubensque paintpot when doing gold based looks as it makes the colours pop more and they last longer without creasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Kinda meh. Bought it cuz of the hype, then went home to realise that Honey from the UD Deluxe palette is an exact dupe for it on my NC44 skin. Keeping it as a backup though.