Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlyhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Myristyl Myristate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Pentahyrdosqualene, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Cyclomethicone, Soy Amino Acids, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

The Ivory Beige colour is great for my personal skin tone. It is very easy to apply and reduces imperfections on the skin, great that it has a good SPF. It is good for the skin with the DermaBreathe technology. There is no sheen to it, which is ok, I personally like a little sheen. Coverage is quite good. The way the compact is designed is great but from the outside it looks like an old ladies compact! You need to be careful with the dry spots otherwise the area won't look good when applying and looks worse as time goes by, otherwise, I would purchase again.

on 6/19/2012 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Great foundation for anyone looking for medium to full coverage. The compact makes this very travel friendly. This foundation is oil free and does not irritate my sensitive skin or break me out. Although it is a cream to powder formula I do find I need to set this with a finishing powder but once I do this lasts me all day. It comes with a sponge but I would advise against using it for applying this makeup. It will apply the makeup too thick and make you look cakey. I prefer to apply this with my Sonia Kashuk Buffing Brush. I just tap the brush into the product lightly and stipple/buff it onto my skin. I find this method applies the perfect amount of product so the results look natural. For the spring/early summer I wear the color Honey Beige and when I am really tanned, I use the shade Toast..

on 6/8/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is my all time favourite compact! I have been using this product for the past 5 years now in Toast(09). The texture of it is pretty heavy so you can opt to skip your concealer if you do not have overly pigmented dark spots. Suitable for dry or combination skin, as it can get pretty oily after a while especially in hot and humid weather conditions. Overall I still consider this to be a great product because it stays true to it's name "one-step". There is no need to apply concealer or dust loose powder, but it depends on your preference. And the packaging is pretty nice, considering the fact that it is very reasonably priced.

on 5/10/2012 5:29:00 AM

I absoloutely love this makeup. Gives a great full coverage, and is super easy to apply. I don't use a concealor underneath it, although I do have clear skin. Stays put all day and doesn't rub off on clothes. Doesn't clog pores, easy to remove, matte finish and I'v never broken out from it. It doesn't last that long though, and costs $35 (Aus), they would be the only negatives. Would recommend this to anyone who wants a full coverage without looking like you have caked on layers and layers of foundation.

on 5/3/2012 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This product is listed here twice with two sets of reviews, but it's the same thing - Revlon New Complexion One Step Compact Makeup.

It is a creme foundation that comes with a sponge applicator. I use it in Ivory Beige 01. I like to apply it with my fingers, not the sponge.

What I like about it is:

- very creamy consistency to use as a concealer or touch up the face when I don't want to spend time applying a liquid. I would not use it all over the face as it would be too much.

- It dries to a nice matte finish and stays all day.

- It is very fast and easy to use if you are in a hurry.

- It has no scent.

- It lasts. I've had this for at least 3 years and it is like new. It is my go-to foundation/concealer when I only have 5 minutes to do makeup.

on 5/2/2012 1:13:00 PM

I literally used this ONE time and returned it. It looked good and had great coverage when first applied and set. No more then 2 hours later did I regretted using this. I use Milk of Magnesia as a primer to control my oily skin & that lasts me all day. Under this makeup? NOPE. This literally melted right off of my face and looked like I never put makeup on to begin with. Literally in a matter of 2 hours. I looked like a oily splotchy mess. All I saw was pores and all my scars. It looked like I tried to wipe it off with a tissue or something. This was completely horrible for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

By all means not the worst foundation I have ever tried. It has a very full coverage which i liked however looked horrible and flakey on my dry skin and I ended up tossing it after converting to estee lauder DW.

on 4/25/2012 6:19:00 AM

I bought this product ard AUD$35 pretty expensive for a drugs store compact its okay if it is a good product but i only used two or three times then i throw it to the rubbish bin .
i have dry skin it made my skin looks terrible after 2 hrs i applied this compact!
i think i will stick with MAC stuido fix compact !

on 4/13/2012 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this thinking it was a powder - apparently I can't read so well. It was one of the buy one get one at Walgreens so it was free for me since I bought something else by revlon. I don't really like it but I don't hate it either. Packaging is amazing though. Doesn't give that much coverage, more like a tinted moisturizer effect which is good for like the weekend, but not work, going out etc.. Colors are a little misleading, really one shade darker than thy say, but the colors are nice and bright, not dull. If you use a little bit at a time you can blend it in to match with no problem. I can't return it unfortunately because it was free, so I use it for cover up over foundation and under my eyes since the colors a little darker. If you want something very light that doesn't look like you're wearing makeup and you don't need coverage of any sort really, I recommend it, otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

on 3/29/2012 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I absolutely love this makeup its so creamy with full coverage and the color perfectly matched my skin tone and it didnt make my face oily at all and last about 10hours before this i will wear the maybelline matte mousse but now this is my every day make up and til now i wil not change it!

Popular Crème Foundations