October 23, 2014 | 901 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by louisemorten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absoloutely love this makeup. Gives a great full coverage, and is super easy to apply. I don't use a concealor underneath it, although I do have clear skin. Stays put all day and doesn't rub off on clothes. Doesn't clog pores, easy to remove, matte finish and I'v never broken out from it. It doesn't last that long though, and costs $35 (Aus), they would be the only negatives. Would recommend this to anyone who wants a full coverage without looking like you have caked on layers and layers of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is listed here twice with two sets of reviews, but it's the same thing - Revlon New Complexion One Step Compact Makeup.

It is a creme foundation that comes with a sponge applicator. I use it in Ivory Beige 01. I like to apply it with my fingers, not the sponge.

What I like about it is:

- very creamy consistency to use as a concealer or touch up the face when I don't want to spend time applying a liquid. I would not use it all over the face as it would be too much.

- It dries to a nice matte finish and stays all day.

- It is very fast and easy to use if you are in a hurry.

- It has no scent.

- It lasts. I've had this for at least 3 years and it is like new. It is my go-to foundation/concealer when I only have 5 minutes to do makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I literally used this ONE time and returned it. It looked good and had great coverage when first applied and set. No more then 2 hours later did I regretted using this. I use Milk of Magnesia as a primer to control my oily skin & that lasts me all day. Under this makeup? NOPE. This literally melted right off of my face and looked like I never put makeup on to begin with. Literally in a matter of 2 hours. I looked like a oily splotchy mess. All I saw was pores and all my scars. It looked like I tried to wipe it off with a tissue or something. This was completely horrible for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

By all means not the worst foundation I have ever tried. It has a very full coverage which i liked however looked horrible and flakey on my dry skin and I ended up tossing it after converting to estee lauder DW.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2012 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Nikkichoi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product ard AUD$35 pretty expensive for a drugs store compact its okay if it is a good product but i only used two or three times then i throw it to the rubbish bin .
i have dry skin it made my skin looks terrible after 2 hrs i applied this compact!
i think i will stick with MAC stuido fix compact !

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Danixo

I bought this thinking it was a powder - apparently I can't read so well. It was one of the buy one get one at Walgreens so it was free for me since I bought something else by revlon. I don't really like it but I don't hate it either. Packaging is amazing though. Doesn't give that much coverage, more like a tinted moisturizer effect which is good for like the weekend, but not work, going out etc.. Colors are a little misleading, really one shade darker than thy say, but the colors are nice and bright, not dull. If you use a little bit at a time you can blend it in to match with no problem. I can't return it unfortunately because it was free, so I use it for cover up over foundation and under my eyes since the colors a little darker. If you want something very light that doesn't look like you're wearing makeup and you don't need coverage of any sort really, I recommend it, otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by missaelync

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this makeup its so creamy with full coverage and the color perfectly matched my skin tone and it didnt make my face oily at all and last about 10hours before this i will wear the maybelline matte mousse but now this is my every day make up and til now i wil not change it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a compact makeup and this is the best I have found. The first time I wore it it was awful... but I quickly discovered the problem. It is "wet" when applied, but if you pack a bunch of powder on it becomes very cakey... just give it a minute or two... it sets/drys to a beautiful finish. I apply with a flat top brush, a little goes a long way. It is buildable and has great coverage, I even use this as concealer with a small brush. Blends beautifully. I guess that is why the call it "one step", it is literally foundation, concealer, and powder all in one product. I have oily combination skin and this still has a gorgeous finish, very light and natural. I use just the slightest bit of powder on my "T" zone after it has set. Very soft on the skin, not sticky, no transfer, lasts all day (I do use primer). No oxidation, separation, etc. Like most compact cremes it appears slightly darker in the compact so take that into account when choosing a color. I love this stuff, it has quickly become my first choice for foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by crumpet71

Simply put: this is an excellent product fo the good coverage, long wearability, and sleek packaging it offers, all at a reasonable price point. I'm very fair and the Ivory Beige suits me nicely. I prefer to apply with my fingers for a better, more even coverage and it works great as a concealer when you pat it on over trouble spots. It does not increase the oiliness in my T-zone. I wish this was sold in Ulta, but it's under $11 USD in Wal-mart. Revlon is an all around solid brand and this easily competes with any department store 'upscale' foundations of its type.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My drugstore holy grail foundation!!! I was a MAC studio fix junkie thats now been converted to this foundation. First off I hate DS brands because they never match my skintone or they look fake and cakey or make me breakout. Not in this case! I used to wear max factor's creme to powder foundation but the color was way too light and they no longer sell it in the U.S. So I had to find a replacement which became my mac sf. Three hours after wearing it in broad daylight my face would turn into an oil slick! Whatever ingredients in it eventually gets greasy with my naturally oily skin. I needed something new.
I went into walmart and looked all over the aisles till I saw this. I had tried colorstay and hated it. Too thick and fake. So I looked at the reviews on here for the one step new complexion and decided to try it.
Perfect color match! Nc35/40 and medium beige looked very natural on me as the match. The color in the pan looks way darker but on my face it came out way lighter and looked good:) No fakeness or cakiness. Evened skintone, medium to full coverage, nice semi-matte finish. My face didnt look like a grease pit. Did a touch up but maybe 4 hours after I had first applied it. I really like it. I'll repurchase when I run out.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No