Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

2.7

Ingredients water ~Glycerin ~sesame oil ~(cucumber) fruit extract~ barley extract (sunflower) seedcake ~glyceryl stearate ~lanolin alcohol ~petrolatum ~FD
This product has been reformulated as Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ Please find reviews for this product here:

The worst moisturizer I've ever tried. If clinique has such great products, why do they keep this around? have tried it at different points in my life, as well as different seasons, and the result is always the same: overnight breakout, oily skin, and an overall uncomfortable, itchy feeling. Try their moisture surge gel instead!

on 7/10/2013 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you're looking for a moisturizer that helps fight acne, signs of aging, or protect against the sun, then this isn't for you. If your looking for something simple that gets the job done like me then this is perfect for you! I have combination/oily skin so I like to keep skincare during the day light and simple usually saving the heavier repairing stuff for nighttime. I only need one pump of this stuff which is fine because it seems to expand when you rub it onto your face. The smell is very light and has a gel like consistency and leaves your skin feeling refreshed. I find this stuff to be absolutely perfect for acne prone skin! For $20 it's a little pricey but one bottle lasted me a year so it's worth it in my opinion.

on 7/10/2013 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am so surprised that this stuff is still around and that Clinique still pushes it as a vital part of their skin care line. Even though they have come out with some excellent facial products, all of them (or all the ones I have tried) include in the instructions for use that they're to be used after the basic "3-Step" program that was Clinique's big opening gambit back in 1970 or so, when the company first launched. I used the 3-Step program back then (I was still in high school) as it seemed this fantastic "new" approach to skin care, especially for someone young who didn't want to bother with heavy facial creams and cream cleansers and other "old lady" skin care. So, back then it seemed innovative; nowadays, it seems more than redundant. A moisturizer meant for daytime but without ANY SPF (yes, Clinique, I know you make fabulous products WITH sunscreen but all are meant to be applied OVER this dinosaur).

Once upon a time, this was "cutting edge" but really, it is such a sub-par product not just when measured against all the other moisturizers available but even when stacked up against the other products in Clinique's own lineup.

on 7/10/2013 9:49:00 AM

This is okay for cold and dry climates and time of the year because it is oil based and heavier but the past 2 summers, it has made me break out in warmer weather and sun where you sweat more. I had no clue that my moisturizer was contributing to my acne because I had trusted that Clinique was safe and non-comedogenic and spent a lot of money on this moisturizer but I have found much cheaper and safer alternatives so I will not be repurchasing.

on 7/7/2013 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been looking for the culprit that is responsible for the red bumps and irritation on my face and neck and I finally found it. I almost never break out and this moisturizer wreaked hell on my skin. Besides making my skin look horrible, it doesn't do a very decent job of moisturizing. I will never use this again. Awful.

on 7/3/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product caused me to have small bumps and pimples in my problem areas, and had a greasy finish. I have tried it off and on over the years, it causes the same problems every time.

on 7/1/2013 3:41:00 PM

This is my HG moisturizer! It is not heavily scented, you only need a teeny bit, and it keeps my skin soft and moisturized without breaking out or any type of adverse reaction. I don't know why it has such a low rating, apparently I'm lucky that this works so well for me- especially for the price! This is NOT expensive. The tube, which lasts 6-7 months with twice a day use, is only $14.50! The big pump one is about $26 and takes me forever to use up as you don't need a lot. I use the three step every day, with the mild liquid soap and the CL #2, then follow with this moisturizer. After I put on this face cream, in the mornings I put on Origins A perfect world age defense moisturizer on top and the combination works wonders! If I don't use it for a day or so, I can really tell cause my face starts to break out!

on 6/25/2013 12:24:00 AM

I received a sample of this product and gave it a try this weekend. At the end of the day I noticed that my face had small bumps on it. The only thing different in my routine was using this moisturizer.

I was surprised at what happened since my mother uses their face products to keep her rosacea under control.

I'll stick with Aveeno Daily Moisturizer.

on 6/21/2013 2:14:00 AM

I feel like this product isn't much different from cetaphil. I ended up returning it because it was a little too moisturizing for me and honestly, I would rather get a moisturizer with anti-aging ingredients for the same price than just a simple moisturizer.
I did, however, use this for a while last summer. My skin went haywire after I came back from Asia and this was the only product that helped. It's a good product if you have sensitive skin, but it doesn't do much other than that.

on 6/11/2013 10:46:00 AM

This product is decent, it does its job and moisturizes my skin, however it tends to be a bit too oily for my combination skin. It does not, however, cause me to breakout. Which is a plus.