July 30, 2014 | 1925 users online

Loose Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil Control Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by vegovy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In my hunt for a replacement finishing loose powder I decided to purchase this product after I heard some rave reviews about it.

PROS:
- Mattifies... for 5-6 hours
- Value for money

CONS:
- Comes in only 2 shades
- Lid is unreliable (mine just falls off now)
- Easy to cake on

Will not be repurchasing...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ADIOS_AHOLES

Although I love that I get virtually no oilies for most of the day I will not be purchasing this again because it turns my face orange. There are only two shades; light and medium. It does have color to it even in the lightest shade. I bought this with Maybelline Fit Me fdtn thinking it would be a great combo (and it is except that I end up looking like an oompa loompa).

I originally thought it was the fdtn that was making me orange so I bought Revlon Color Stay and used it with this powder. I sit here writing this review with an orange (and very sad) face. On a brighter note I now have two awesome DS fdtn's :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by uglyfetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

ehhh, i liked this at first. but then, it started making me really itchy. it gives an apparent powdery finish too. i like the dream matte powder better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Am I the only one who uses the medium shade as a really subtle flush of bronze for the cheeks? The outcome is a barely noticeable-but-still-there bit of color when my face just needs a little more. (my makeup philosophy is keep it as subtle and mysterious as possible) This is my favorite use for this powder, otherwise the color is just way too dark for all over my face. I really like it! $4 well spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by diamond479

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great as a finishing powder...but that's it. Gives a matte finish and can come out a little yellow-ish if over-used. Packaging could be better by making the lid a little more secure and I recommend using a brush instead of the pad included with this product. Overall, it's a great matte finishing powder that gives light coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by CopperGoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great powder for the price.
I use this under eyeshadow to absorb oil and throughout the day at work on my face.
I get the translucent or fair and use it over a beige foundation and it works great without getting cakey or heavy.
The jar is annoying and tends to spill, so I have to tap it level before I open it.
But hey.
For four dollars, I can work with that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Was running low on my sephora brand mineral setting powder, and decided to try this cheaper alternative after watching jlovesmac1 on you tube. Comes in a big blue tub and a puff. The lid doesn't stay on well but that's okay because I use this in the morning to set my makeup and keep it at home, then on the go I use my NYC translucent compact to blot my tzone. They have a pressed powder in this as well but I heard that the tub gives you way more product and the pressed runs out really quick. I'm NC 25-30 and I got this in light in fear that the medium would be too orange... now because of the talc is it slightly chalky, however if I use it sparingly its fine. It cost me around 5$ at winco.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by rockthisworld

My skin is oily- or so I thought. this product is not for even semi-oily skin.
I thought this Shine Free Powder would really calm down shininess I was seeing in flash pictures, -eek- but, it turns out the moment I put this stuff on it dried my skin out BADLY. It took thirty second to see dried up skin. If you've had this kind of experience with oil blotting sheets, this product is not for you. The packaging kind of sucks too- the lid slides off too easily.
So, if you practically have oil dripping off your face, then maybe your skin can benifit from this. Even my oily skin did not.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by thebandit1984

This loose powder is by far the best I have used. It's perfect for light coverage and shine-absorption. It never looks cakey; in fact, it looks more like I have no makeup on at all. The color was easy to blend - not too pink or yellow. I used "light" and it was perfect for my rather fair skin - not too dark or too light. I was also happy with the price - about $6 at the drugstore. If you want heavy coverage, you probably will be disappointed. But, if you want light coverage that won't aggravate acne or sensitive skin, this is the product for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by gcgirlzprez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I originally went to the store to purchase my HG foundation ( Maybelline Mineral Power Foundation in classic ivory) but low and behold, I saw this on sale for $4. So I thought, hey, why not? If it doesn't work, it was only $4 anyway. So i gave it a shot. And I love it!
I've had this for about a month now, and its way better than the mineral foundation. I noticed that, with the mineral foundation, if I didn't use primer, my face got shiny after a few hours. But with this, I can go primer-free and it still looks great at the end of the day. This is my HG.

Pros:
•really controls shine
•light, not cakey
•can use without primer

Cons:
•packaging is not very good quality-lid can come off in makeup bag very easily.
•puff that comes with it to apply is not good quality. I suggest buying a kabuki brush to apply it with, if you do not own one.