Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

3.6

Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Silica Silylate, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 10/27/2011 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this powder quite alot, although colour range is not very great, i use the lightest colour and its too pink for my skin tone when i apply it with the powder puff. The powder lasts the majority of the day and keeps my face shine free :) i do really like this powder alot!

Another love of mine. I use this daily to set my tinted moisturizer and cheek stain. I have never experienced any smell from this which I really like because I hate having weird smelling things on my face.. like Revlon Colorstay foundation. Ew. Anyway this stuff is awesome. My t-zone gets pretty oily and at the end of an 8 hour work day my face is only a little oily which is awesome. The color worked well for me during summertime now that my tan went away it's a bit dark but I just mix it with baby powder and it lightens it up just enough. HG

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is an okay powder, I just hate the smell. It reminds me of something I would expect my grandma to smell like. I like the way it covers my face and the way it doesn't clog my pores. I don't feel like my face is suffocating from so much makeup on. I really love this for the price because it is just about dirt cheap at walmart. I hate the applicator for this because it rips after about 5 uses. I just use a plain makeup brush to apply this over my liquid foundation. I will repurchase this because of the price.

on 8/28/2011 12:38:00 PM

I can't believe I've never reviewed this powder! I've been using this for YEARS ( I honestly can't remember how long; maybe 10?) Anyways, I dust this over my foundation and it leaves my face with a soft matte look. I controls my t-zone oil well and it doesn't oxidize with wear. If I'm going from day to night, I can re-powder with this and I get no caking. I will use this powder as long as Maybelline makes it!
I have light, neutral skin and I use the shade Light.

on 7/28/2011 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this in Medium. I really should have purchased this in Light. I got the medium, because my foundation was a tad on the light side so I didn't really mind if the powder gave me a little extra coloring. The medium color is a bit on the orange side. While it did give me more coloring, it was over powering and the orange hue wasn't attractive. I'm going to swap this one out for the light. (My color is Lancome Bisque 3, or Dior 301.) Besides the fact that the color was off it did do a good job setting my makeup and keeping it matte, although oily skin really isn't too much of a problem for me. The powder puff is horrible, but it is usable. It isn't good to set concealer around the eyes. Made it look rather dry and crackly.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

My skin is combination. I set my foundation with this powder on my oily t-zone and less than 30 minutes later...I'm shiny already. I bought this because I heard good reviews but after one use, it failed to it's claims.

on 7/19/2011 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this powder for years. It doesn't break me out and the" light" color is flattering for my nc15 skin tone, maybe a tad too dark. The packaging is terrible, but really you can't beat the price!

on 6/20/2011 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

In my hunt for a replacement finishing loose powder I decided to purchase this product after I heard some rave reviews about it.

PROS:
- Mattifies... for 5-6 hours
- Value for money

CONS:
- Comes in only 2 shades
- Lid is unreliable (mine just falls off now)
- Easy to cake on

Will not be repurchasing...

on 6/3/2011 10:06:00 PM

Although I love that I get virtually no oilies for most of the day I will not be purchasing this again because it turns my face orange. There are only two shades; light and medium. It does have color to it even in the lightest shade. I bought this with Maybelline Fit Me fdtn thinking it would be a great combo (and it is except that I end up looking like an oompa loompa).

I originally thought it was the fdtn that was making me orange so I bought Revlon Color Stay and used it with this powder. I sit here writing this review with an orange (and very sad) face. On a brighter note I now have two awesome DS fdtn's :)

on 5/24/2011 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

ehhh, i liked this at first. but then, it started making me really itchy. it gives an apparent powdery finish too. i like the dream matte powder better.

Recommended for Normal Skin