December 20, 2014 | 934 users online

Loose Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Oil-Control Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by glamgirl31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe I've never reviewed this powder! I've been using this for YEARS ( I honestly can't remember how long; maybe 10?) Anyways, I dust this over my foundation and it leaves my face with a soft matte look. I controls my t-zone oil well and it doesn't oxidize with wear. If I'm going from day to night, I can re-powder with this and I get no caking. I will use this powder as long as Maybelline makes it!
I have light, neutral skin and I use the shade Light.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in Medium. I really should have purchased this in Light. I got the medium, because my foundation was a tad on the light side so I didn't really mind if the powder gave me a little extra coloring. The medium color is a bit on the orange side. While it did give me more coloring, it was over powering and the orange hue wasn't attractive. I'm going to swap this one out for the light. (My color is Lancome Bisque 3, or Dior 301.) Besides the fact that the color was off it did do a good job setting my makeup and keeping it matte, although oily skin really isn't too much of a problem for me. The powder puff is horrible, but it is usable. It isn't good to set concealer around the eyes. Made it look rather dry and crackly.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Nextdoorhottie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin is combination. I set my foundation with this powder on my oily t-zone and less than 30 minutes later...I'm shiny already. I bought this because I heard good reviews but after one use, it failed to it's claims.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 4:58:00 AM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been using this powder for years. It doesn't break me out and the" light" color is flattering for my nc15 skin tone, maybe a tad too dark. The packaging is terrible, but really you can't beat the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by vegovy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In my hunt for a replacement finishing loose powder I decided to purchase this product after I heard some rave reviews about it.

PROS:
- Mattifies... for 5-6 hours
- Value for money

CONS:
- Comes in only 2 shades
- Lid is unreliable (mine just falls off now)
- Easy to cake on

Will not be repurchasing...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ADIOS_AHOLES

Although I love that I get virtually no oilies for most of the day I will not be purchasing this again because it turns my face orange. There are only two shades; light and medium. It does have color to it even in the lightest shade. I bought this with Maybelline Fit Me fdtn thinking it would be a great combo (and it is except that I end up looking like an oompa loompa).

I originally thought it was the fdtn that was making me orange so I bought Revlon Color Stay and used it with this powder. I sit here writing this review with an orange (and very sad) face. On a brighter note I now have two awesome DS fdtn's :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by uglyfetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

ehhh, i liked this at first. but then, it started making me really itchy. it gives an apparent powdery finish too. i like the dream matte powder better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by lightsout91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Am I the only one who uses the medium shade as a really subtle flush of bronze for the cheeks? The outcome is a barely noticeable-but-still-there bit of color when my face just needs a little more. (my makeup philosophy is keep it as subtle and mysterious as possible) This is my favorite use for this powder, otherwise the color is just way too dark for all over my face. I really like it! $4 well spent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by diamond479

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great as a finishing powder...but that's it. Gives a matte finish and can come out a little yellow-ish if over-used. Packaging could be better by making the lid a little more secure and I recommend using a brush instead of the pad included with this product. Overall, it's a great matte finishing powder that gives light coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by CopperGoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great powder for the price.
I use this under eyeshadow to absorb oil and throughout the day at work on my face.
I get the translucent or fair and use it over a beige foundation and it works great without getting cakey or heavy.
The jar is annoying and tends to spill, so I have to tap it level before I open it.
But hey.
For four dollars, I can work with that.