April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Velvet - Mulch

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

On me this eyeshadow is just a darker version of Bronze. I have not noticed any red tones in it however unlikes some of the previous reviews. Its a great eyeshadow if you want a dark bronze smokey eye!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by amyers12

I didn't really care for this color. I felt like I had to use a lot of other colors to boost it. I wore this to my junior prom and it was okay but I used a lot of other products to boost the color. It could just be because I'm not a make up guru but I wasn't totally impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by a29105

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have Romp, Tempting, and Mulch. Out of those three, Mulch is the only one with a slight red hue to it. It isn't glittery like Tempting and it doesn't have a goldish tint like Romp. Mulch pairs well with Folie in the crease. With black winged liner, Mulch and Folie give my NC50 skin a pin up look. If Patina looks ashy on your skin tone, try Mulch. I would buy again if I had to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

This is such a beautiful bronze shade. I always layer this with another color because I find that by itself, it tends to look a bit muddy with my coloring (NC40). My favorite combo is blending Mulch with MAC's All That Glitters. I l love to use this shade on it's own to apply on the lower lash line. I thought the slight red tones in it would make me look tired but I've never experienced that. I have worn this almost everytime I do my makeup since I purchased it last summer-I have to force myself to use my other bronze shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

WOW. Gorgeous bronze color that looks amazing on green eyes. When I first brought it home I thought it looked a lot like Rimmel's Spicy Bronze, but Mulch is a deeper, darker brown with a hint of red in it. It must not have too much red though because I usually can't wear reddish browns as they make my eyes look tired. Today I wore Mulch on my lid as a wash of color and on my lower lashline as well. It looked amazing. I've heard others like it paired with Patina which is another favorite of mine, so I can't wait to try that. If applied slightly darker than I did today it would make a great smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mulch is the most perfect bronze brown color eye shadow I have ever used! I love it! The first time I wore it I got major compliments. My favorite way to use it is in the crease/outer v but it looks good on the lid as well. It isn't too orange/coppery/red like other bronze shades I have tried before. It is just perfect! I am so glad I bought this eye shadow because I use it all the time. If I could give this a six then I would!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love:
- color. Great for creating a warm bronzy smoky eye. It's a pretty bronzy brown/gold color; more on the brown side.
- packaging. Sturdy and love the snap case
- consistency. Velvet. Super smooth and blends so well

Cons: nothing! Def will repurchase! :) love Mac products!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Nikki209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color . Great for bronzy summer looks & blends really good . I find it to be very buildable .

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love to use this for a warm smoky eye. It's a really pretty bronze and is nicely pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

The color is a smokey neutral dark brown, suitable for a lot of skin tones. It brings out the cold tones of my grey eyes and works wonderfully as an everyday shade. I love it with a satiny champagne and black eyeliner. It's definitely not an unique shade, and it's overly priced since it's from MAC, but it's still a great staple.