MAC Velvet - Mulch

4.5

on 3/31/2012 3:58:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I loveeeee this eyeshadowwww! It looks so gorgeous on my NC30-NC35 skintone! I wear it everyday, even when I'm in a hurry. I wear Urban Decay's primer potion in Eden, just put some white eyeshadow on the inner corner, this all over, and black eyeshadow on the outer corner, blend it out and I'm good to go.

You can make it look natural, you can make it can look dramatic, it's a very flexible, versatile bronzy brown color. A great brown for people who prefer more natural, earthy colors. The shimmer doesn't show up as much on my skin, and it looks like a matte eyeshadow sometimes, which is perfectly fine with me. It's buildable, neutral color that is easy to work with.

on 2/20/2012 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

On me this eyeshadow is just a darker version of Bronze. I have not noticed any red tones in it however unlikes some of the previous reviews. Its a great eyeshadow if you want a dark bronze smokey eye!

on 2/20/2012 1:57:00 AM

I didn't really care for this color. I felt like I had to use a lot of other colors to boost it. I wore this to my junior prom and it was okay but I used a lot of other products to boost the color. It could just be because I'm not a make up guru but I wasn't totally impressed.

on 2/18/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have Romp, Tempting, and Mulch. Out of those three, Mulch is the only one with a slight red hue to it. It isn't glittery like Tempting and it doesn't have a goldish tint like Romp. Mulch pairs well with Folie in the crease. With black winged liner, Mulch and Folie give my NC50 skin a pin up look. If Patina looks ashy on your skin tone, try Mulch. I would buy again if I had to.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is such a beautiful bronze shade. I always layer this with another color because I find that by itself, it tends to look a bit muddy with my coloring (NC40). My favorite combo is blending Mulch with MAC's All That Glitters. I l love to use this shade on it's own to apply on the lower lash line. I thought the slight red tones in it would make me look tired but I've never experienced that. I have worn this almost everytime I do my makeup since I purchased it last summer-I have to force myself to use my other bronze shades!

on 1/16/2012 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

WOW. Gorgeous bronze color that looks amazing on green eyes. When I first brought it home I thought it looked a lot like Rimmel's Spicy Bronze, but Mulch is a deeper, darker brown with a hint of red in it. It must not have too much red though because I usually can't wear reddish browns as they make my eyes look tired. Today I wore Mulch on my lid as a wash of color and on my lower lashline as well. It looked amazing. I've heard others like it paired with Patina which is another favorite of mine, so I can't wait to try that. If applied slightly darker than I did today it would make a great smokey eye.

on 1/15/2012 8:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Mulch is the most perfect bronze brown color eye shadow I have ever used! I love it! The first time I wore it I got major compliments. My favorite way to use it is in the crease/outer v but it looks good on the lid as well. It isn't too orange/coppery/red like other bronze shades I have tried before. It is just perfect! I am so glad I bought this eye shadow because I use it all the time. If I could give this a six then I would!

on 11/22/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love:
- color. Great for creating a warm bronzy smoky eye. It's a pretty bronzy brown/gold color; more on the brown side.
- packaging. Sturdy and love the snap case
- consistency. Velvet. Super smooth and blends so well

Cons: nothing! Def will repurchase! :) love Mac products!!!

on 11/22/2011 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this color . Great for bronzy summer looks & blends really good . I find it to be very buildable .

I love to use this for a warm smoky eye. It's a really pretty bronze and is nicely pigmented.

Top Rated MAC Products