October 2, 2014 | 1824 users online

Scrubs - Avene - Gentle Exfoliating Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 4:43:00 AM More reviews by calypso_nymph

Finally, a scrub that doesn't leave my skin red and irritated. I bought this after I tried out Avene's cleanser, which I loved. I've been using scrubs on and off over the years, and have never used one regularly because most of those that I've tried just didn't leave my skin feeling better. I have combi skin, with sensitive skin on my cheeks, which are prone to redness. Earlier this year, I tried Origins' Modern Friction and Never a Dull Moment. Modern Friction left my face stinging and red, which really freaked me out, while Never a Dull Moment left my skin slightly red and was such a hassle to rinse off. None of these problems with Avene's scrub - it has a light, gel-like texture, with small red microbeads. It truly lives up to its name and is so gentle that it didn't leave my skin raw and red - just soft and smooth. Also, it rinsed off really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2008 2:15:00 AM More reviews by prettyheels83

what i like about this scrub is ,it is truly gentle.the beads are so fine that you can hardly feel it.
my skin is thin and it feels very comfy while i'm scubbing .
unlike other scrubs i tried that feels like they are cutting my skin,.
avene does not aggravate my thin skin and my complexion feels brighter and smoother.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by barbiesweetdoll

it feels very fine and gentle.although instructions stated to be used on dry skin,i did not.because scrubbing on dry skin can damage skin so i use on damp clean face.it left my face feeling smooth.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Sarahaparis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very gentle scrub, if that is what you are looking for, then it is ideal. I use this a few times a week to help my dry skin smoothen out. I do have to use a more strong exfoliator once every week or two weeks to really give me the scrub I need. Overall, good product. Not drying, not expensive, nice smell, and easy to rinse off. I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 5:23:00 PM More reviews by kaori7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it. Leaves my skin soft, polished, and glowing.

It's gentle, and the scrubs won't kill your skin, because it's teeny tiny. Won't leave a tight, over drying feeling on my skin like some exfoliators tend to do.

I love Avene.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 1:55:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very wonderful face scrub. It has a gel consistancy with very fine granules. Pleasure to use and it leaves the skin soft and silky. This is one of the best products from Avene.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by twinky13

I find the beads a little harsh on my sensitive skin. After washing, the cheeks are very red.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Wonder78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I was looking for a scrub for sensitive skin and I came across with this and decided I had to have it. In camparison to other physical scrub with beads in them, the microbeads are mich smaller and the whole product much gentler to my skin. It doesn't give a harsh cleaning feel and dryness after use. The microbeads may be hard to wash off but I don't see it as problem from using this product. I use this with some water instead of completely dry face if I want a even gentler exfoliation. It's a good scrub for many reasons. However, I am still not sure if I want to keep using or buying it. I don't like scrubing beads on my face or blemish. I want to try those AHA/BHA exfoliate solution next though it can be harsh on skin. But I know I can always fall back on this gentle product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think I have finally found the right scrub for my sensitive skin. I've been using this 1x a week for the past month and have not had any irritation at all. Every other facial scrub I've ever used has caused irritation and breakouts. I really love the gel consistency with the little red exfoliating beads. It has even helped clear my "problem area" around my chin. I think this is a really safe bet for anyone with sensitive/delicate skin, or those who are prone to breakouts from products. I highly reccomend this wonderful product!
*EDIT* - Had to deduct two lippies as this has not been performing as well for the last few weeks. I've notced a slight breakout after using the product. I still think this is as gentle as exfoliators come, and will continue to use unless the breakouts continue. *EDIT #2* - I've confirmed that this is in fact casuing me to break out each time after using. I think I am one of the few people that can not use an exfoliator as my skin is just too thin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2007 4:43:00 AM More reviews by benz909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm. I'm not sure how I feel about this one! So far I've used it about 3 times, so I can't share much. You're supposed to put it on a dry face which doesnt botther me, though for some it does. The only 2 down points, is it can slighty dry, and its hard to get rid of all the little microbeady thingys when washing your face! It leaves you so wonderfully clean, but not tight and dry either! thats already a big 2 thumbs up! The other 2 are for how it reduces redness in the face and you don't have any irritation at all after using it! Well I'm not sure if I will buy it again, its wonderful and everything, but its sorta of like a one time thing. I might though cuz it exfoliates and softens and reduces redness and you dont feel tight or anything haha! So maybe. I woundn't reccomend it to people who want a really harsh scrub because this is wonderfully gentle! EDIT: its slightly harsh now that i've had more experience with it, and i wil not repurchase.