April 20, 2014 | 1893 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Actually

I read all the raving reviews of this product and thought.... I'm never going to spend $16 on a bottle of Water. Then my friend who is a skin- care guru (she has flawless skin), who has tried pretty much everything on the market recommends this. She was stocking up on them like they're liquid gold. So I was intrigued.

I've been carrying a water spray bottle and regularly mist my face for a few months and did not see any difference. So I gave in and tried the Avene Thermal Water. The weather was getting really hot anyways. I spray it once every morning when I get up and every night before bed. I have not changed anything else in my already minimal skincare routine. After two weeks, I actually noticed a difference. A difference! I did not expect it.

My skin's a lot smoother and looks supple and hydrated as if I had a full night's sleep. When in fact I've only been getting 5 hours every night. I found my rosy cheeks again and my skin tone is more even. I'm thrilled. I'm gonna be buying the smaller bottle to carry with me. Trust me, it's not just water.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

My skin has been on the downhill for about two months now and nothing at the moment seems to be improving the condition. Anything to soothe my painful acne flareup is a godsend.

I actually bought the mini size to beat the heat during the crazy heatwave, it was 588yen! It is expensive for what it is. But I have been using it everyday on my painful scabby skin. It is very soothing and calming to my skin and I don't know for sure, but I swear it is helping with my skin healing.

I will probably get the big bottle when they have their deals as it is quite pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by hinakong

I like this water spray. It's very refreshing and soothing. I use it after removing my makeup and whenever I feel like my skin is dull and tired. I use it to my 2 year old and newborn as well. It's that mild. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best thermal water I used so far! (I used Vichy and La Roche Posay).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by teruterugong

Yes it's pretty expensive when you consider the fact that it's basically just water. BUT there's something magical inside (I'm NOT kidding). For some unexplained reason my face started getting kinda red, puffy, and scratchy while on vacation in Macau. I must've been allergic to something, although I have no idea what since I thought I wasn't allergic to anything :(. Thankfully my aunt --who is a religious user of Avene products-- had this with her. I sprayed my face with it and it IMMEDIATELY relieved the awful itchy feeling. After I blotted the water off with a puff and applied Avene's skin recovery cream I spent the rest of the night in bliss. My face was still kinda red and puffy the next day. It took about three days of day and night usage but my skin was back to normal if not brighter looking than before. When I got home I bought both the thermal water and recovery cream immediately. I highly recommend this product for anyone with skin problems!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ferndarlin

I bought this based on good reviews and I wasn't disappointed - I love it!

I bought this during a rare British summer heatwave when my skin was having it's usual monthly freakout. We're talking oily and dry with pimples, blackheads and flaky patches.

I liberally sprayed this all over my face post-cleansing, and let it sit for a while before blotting my skin with a cotton disk. It didn't transform the look of my skin there and then, but it felt AMAZING and the next day my redness had greatly reduced and the texture of my skin was looking better. In just 3 days my breakout had almost gone.

Fast-forward a few days and I get sunburn on my back. One spray with this magic water and the next morning it's almost gone.

Just buy a bottle and try it. It's really, really good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I'm writing a review for canned water. After all, I think bottled water is a marketing rip-off and I drink Los Angeles tap water filtered through my refrigerator. Nevertheless, my skin loves this stuff, and a light spray after I've applied my daily shellac makes my skin look airbrushed. There's some element in this Avene water that's not present in tap water. Don't know what it is and don't know why, but I'm going to keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by holychiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is a guilty pleasure of mine - it's difficult for me to justify buying a freaking expensive spray can of water but I love using it after cleansing my face as a toner

However my FAVOURITE use for this product is to set my makeup! I hate the thought of having cakey looking makeup and so I use this product as the last step in my routine (not a heavy makeup wearer though)

- moisturizer
- BB cream
- concealer
- blush
- mascara
- a FINE MISTING of thermal water!!

After that my face looks dewy and the makeup kind of 'settles in' and I don't have pancake face.
Also I love that it comes in different sizes so perfect for travelling....nothing beats getting off the plane and having some of this stashed in your carry-on, you will feel crazy rejuvenated after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Suzie1717

I have been using the thermal water for a few years now and have occasionally switched to other brands but always came back to this one. The Avene thermal spring water is really soothing and calms down the redness on my face. After spraying it on, I let it soak in for half a minute before gently patting. It doesn't irritate my eczema at all and instead makes my skin feel bouncy and glowy.

I spritz it on after I wash my face in the AM and PM and also after working out for a refreshing feel! While I was in Asia, I bought a pack of facial sheet masks that was designed for the Avene thermal water and used it whenever I was out in the sun for more than I should have ( I'm on Retin-A Micro and shouldn't really be exposed to the sun) and after I peel off the mask my face would be completely calmed down with absolutely no redness where the mask was on my face! My face always feels extremely bouncy and supple after using it this way.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by AireApparent

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Forget it being a Mineral Water -- it's more like a MIRACLE Water! The Avene skincare line has totally transformed my complexion. I went from dull and uneven to translucent and glowing in one short month. I have had strangers tell me they thought I was 35 -- I'm 58! Honestly. I have tried just about every product out there, from Creme de la Mer and La Prairie to Trish McEvoy and Bobbi Brown and NOTHING can compare to Avene.

I think one of the key points is that I totally quit using tap water on my face and neck. I only use the Thermal Mineral Water. I spray all over, then apply the Extremely Gentle No Rinse Cleansing Lotion. But I prefer to spray again with the Avene Water and remove all residue with a cotton pad. Then I do a light spray and pat lightly to absorb.

In the morning, after cleansing, I apply a light layer of the Soothing Water Serum, followed by Hydrance Optimale Rich SPF 25 Hydrating Cream. At night, I use Serenage Serum and Serenage Nutri-redensifying Night Cream. To treat my previously troublesome neck area, I add a light layer of Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydrating Cream for good measure.

I only have one question: Avene, where have you been my whole life?

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No