April 19, 2014 | 858 users online

Skincare - Face - Dr. Bronner's - Dr.Bronners Tea Tree Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by kponce007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff!!! I use it as a body wash and it leaves my skin really soft and it prevents any breakouts. I wouldn't suggest using it on your face if you have sensitive skin though, it made my face really dry and made me breakout. My boyfriend has oily skin though and it works amazing for him.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by treeolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS!!! it clears your skin and leaves it fresh, the tea tree gets rid of the dirt and other stuff off your face its good if you have spots or acne as it helps to keep pores clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Stephipoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you have oily or acne-prone skin, this is the miracle you've been dreaming of! My skin was a MESS until I started using this product & I haven't had a single breakout since. Bear in mind that it can be drying if you have normal-to-dry skin, however. But it's great for healing since it has the tea tree oil in it, which is a natural antiseptic, so if you have any cuts, wounds, acne pimples, etc., this will help it along. It does burn, though, so be warned! I love this soap and I will NEVER use another cleanser on my face!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by shestudieslaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All of Dr. Bronner's soaps are great, but this soap is my least favorite out of all of then. It's a little harsh and drying. Doesn't have a great smell, like the Peppermint Soap. It gets you super, squeeky clean, but I cannot use it on the babies, because it stings their little boy bits.

It's my go-to soap for sweaty, stinky feet, and if my skin feels rashy or super irritated.

Still a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by MandyinNYC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Seeing Dr. Bronner's in people's cabinets growing up, I knew it was a mainstay of many a hippie household. I never tried it myself until recently. As a minimalist, I enjoy things that perform multiple functions for the time, money, and space they save.

So far I have used this as a body wash (refreshing!), shampoo (great for curly hair--helps eliminate frizz and cleans up your scalp), hand-washables (cleaned the hell out of my bras), and shaving (moisturizes and protects just as well as shave gel). I recommend it for all of the above. I also tried it as a face wash, but after a week of regular use my skin broke out so badly that I went running to Duane Reade for a bottle of my Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Powerclean wash. So I won't live my dream of paring my beauty routine down to Dr. Bronner's, witch hazel, and Vaseline. All the other stuff it does makes up for that loss.

I plan to use it for handsoap, multipurpose cleaner, and possibly dishsoap as well. The key is to dilute; without doing that it clogs up dispensers and can be a little too harsh. A little goes a long way--I've barely used 10% of the 16 oz. bottle I bought. This stuff is very much a miracle and I wish I'd started using it years ago.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh my goodness, i am in love. I literally ran out of the shower to write this review haha. This is the best body wash ever! It has a very creamy lather and is very gentle and non irritating or drying! I love the tea tree smell too. I picked this over others because I thought that tea tree would have the best benefit for my oily skin (pretty much on my chest and back) and its great! It is on sale at target right now (other scents are too.) Loooooove it! Best impulse buy yet!
Lately ive been using bath and body works body washes and every time id step out of the shower id feel a little irritated (could be the fragrance or the SLS, who knows)
Dr bonners has none of those ingredients yet it foams really well though. Now that i used dr bonners what a difference it makes in my skin! It is so soft and not dried out!
Will definitely repurchase. The bottle could use a pump but w/e. Im going to dilute mine and put it in a foamer bottle so Ill see how that goes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I dilute this liquid soap with water and it makes a wonderful body and face wash. I find that Tea Tree lathers better than all other scent and works the best in cleansing. I buy the big bottle and it last for months, such a good bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by lgunt004

I have oily skin and dermatitis. This soap has help reduce my dermatitis to almost non-existent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by avid_writer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Diluted, this makes the best face (and body!) cleanser ever. I have very oily, acne-prone skin but this cuts through the oil and removes makeup without stripping my skin or harming my under eye area. It's organic and natural and you get a lot for the price. This won't cure acne, so you shouldn't approach this expecting it to. It's just a great cleanser, not a cure-all. If serious acne is an issue for you and benzoyl peroxide doesn't work, you honestly need to see a dermatologist (I did, and I'm happy I did, and I'm not rich, and I used to really agonize over my skin). I would recommend using a salicylic acid toner every once in a while with this along with acne meds if necessary, if you have acne.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i used the liquid soap. it is very harsh. i had a cyst on my face when i started using it and this soap made it get raw and bleed and then it turned into a big sore. this soap also made my face very oily. will not repurchase.