October 24, 2014 | 1745 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Calendula Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by claireferguson

I have combination skin that isvery acne prone. I LOVE this cream. It's quite scary using it at first, because it's so thick. But it's non greasy and absorbs well. Very hydrating, but I don't look shiny from it. It's great for preventing acne scarring too. Yes it's a bit pricey, but no pricier than the other high-end beauty creams. I used to use Thalgo, which was expensive, but this is better. I'm not fussed on the price if it works! I've even got my Mum onto this cream - she has dry skin and loves it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Kolbeinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love this creme, i have been using it for a couple of years now, have tried other brands, even embroylisse, but always go back to this one.

It's a bit expensive, but also very lasting..

I have dry/oily skin.. Strange skin..

My friends who have tried it love it too..
And I love using it with the skin balancing oil from Jurlique during the winter if I feel my skin needs a little extra.
The creme is quite thick, but i feel like i absorb quite quickly. Works well under my makeup.

<3 You should try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Messedupgirl

This is definitely good for dry, sensitive skin. If u have oily skin, i suggest u just use it occasionally. Overall, it does calm my sensitive, oily skin. My face is getting better, however, too bad my skin is oily so the progress is slower. :D I recommend u all to use if ur skin is irritated. This helps. :D However, its very thick, sinks easily, and abit oily for the cons for me. The pro is that, it helps calm skin, repair irritated skin. :) im in the 2nd week of using it, hoping it will be better in a month. *prays*.
Anyway., i recommend it to all of u. : D

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by jamishe

Very impressed - tried this out on recommendation by the Jurlique consultant and it really does soothe / calm / reduce redness for my skin!! It takes a while for it to work but I only used it AM. I notice the difference in redness of my skin throughout the day especially when I have breakouts. The aluminium tube is a bit annoying to squeeze out the last amounts but will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by sthom87

For some reason my chin gets terrible pimples, but nowhere else. I can't explain it. But until the beginning of this year, they just wouldn't go away! So at any one time, I'd have 3-4 big, angry, red pimples on my chin. Not a self-esteem booster...

As a Jurlique fan, I went in to ask if their new fruit enzyme exfoliant would make any difference. Instead the SA told me my biggest problem is that the skin on my chin is very inflamed, which is why the spots aren't going away as they should. So she sold me a small tube of Calendula Cream to put on my chin. Within 24 hours I could see the effects! My Dad who knows NOTHING about skin care noticed! My chin still has residual scaring and at that time of the month I still get one spot, but I put some of this cream on it and it really helps!

It's far too thick for my combination skin to use as an everyday moisturiser (I use the Balancing Day Care Cream, which is my HG), but for people with irritated skin, this is what I'd wholeheartedly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Pacstar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THIS CREAM IS AWESME FOR WINTER! thick creamy mixture!! keeps skin moist for ages!!!!! dnt lyk it in summer though as its too thick! i just use there day n nite cream. there use packaging is good in terms of being enviromentally friendly but it gets dints alot and the packaging goes all funny

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Anatidaephobia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this cream. My skin turns pink if you blow on it the wrong way, and this cream calms it down. It moisturizes my dry flaky spots away. Yes, it's costly, but you only need a tiny amount at a time so the tube lasts quite a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by MySilentHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had problems with dry/sensitive skin so I gave Jurlique's Calendula Cream a try.
Quite thick, luxurious cream with an interesting scent (i gather thats what Calendula smells like). Not horrible, but not overly pleasant either. It does grow on you though.
My skin loved this as an all over moisturiser - it positively glowed!
No initial redness that I usually experience when I apply moisturiser.
However after a few days, the cream must have been a bit heavy for me, as I suffered breakouts, so had to take it back for an exchange.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 8:10:00 AM More reviews by maigrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I may be jumping the gun here since I've only had this on about twelve hours but oh man. I've got pretty dry skin (and get clogged pores pretty often, as well as blemishes) and I've just gotten over a long battle with problem skin so I was looking for something to heal my fairly clear face. After cleansing with my elemis tri-enzyme and lime blossom cleansers (both of which I've gotten good results from), I toned and wiped that off with a pad. Then I wet my hands because I was scared about putting it on too thick and then I put a pea sized amount on my hands. It smoothed out in my palms immediately and I put it on my face. As soon as the water evaporated, my face was matte, so perhaps my application was too light. But aside from the very bottom of my nose, I didn't get flakies on my face at all. I usually use Olay and I've had to double layer on certain places like the sides of my nose and between my eyebrows or it gets really dry. Anyways, I dabbed a tiny bit of the cream on the bottom of my nose and I was done. My face was matte and it felt pretty good too. And after getting 4 hours of sleep, I wake up looking like I've gotten nine and a half. If you're not allergic to anything (and I'm not really) and you want a light but moisturizing cream, definitely give this a try. I'll update if it turns out not to be quite enough for Canadian winters but am loving it so far.

Edit: The water-moisturizer mix goes on extremely matte but leaves the top layer of my skin dry to canadian winters so I've taken to just applying normally in the evening. I woke up today with two pores clogged (though both only on the very surface). If this is the price I have to pay for the deeper part of my skin to be happy, I'd be more than glad to pay it. But I wouldn't recommend not adding water if you're going out in the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by chi77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have found my holy grail. It's really good for dry, sensitive and eczema prone skin. I squeeze just a tiny pea size, warm it between my fingers and press into my skin - focusing on dry areas like the forehead and cheeks. It works wonderfully under my makeup. I don't even need a makeup base to make my foundation or powder stay all day. My redness has subsided with just a few days of application. It is looking clearer and brighter. Skin feels smoother and soft. I've never been able to feel this good about my skin. I have such terrible skin that can't look good in makeup. But this has really saved my skin and provided the right level of moisture without going greasy. It really relaxes my skin and great for day and night. For those like me who have tried steroid creams and everything to try heal your eczema or intense dryness. Look no more. This is really very good and gives you instantaneous result.