Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

3.8

on 1/2/2013 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This smells awful! I read a bunch of reviews on it and tried out a tester. I couldn't figure out how to work the stupid spritzer and ended up squirting it on my hand. Didn't bother with any more after that and proceeded to walk around the store. It smelled sickly sweet and strong at first. I don't smell anything complex here. After the dry down, it started to smell... dirty. Not dirty in a sexy, woodsy way but dirty in a cheap chemical way. It smelled balmy and strange. I'd compare it to Love Spell by Victoria's secret mixed with salty sweat or gym socks, just wrong and nasty. Reminded me of a cheap strip club, ew. It actually turned my stomach a little.
I couldn't wait to get the stink off me. (Btw, I sniffed the other testers - didn't want to spray them after that one lol - and they all had this out of place dirty note) So not for me. (If anyone knows what that dirty note is - please message me and let me know so I can avoid it in my fragrance shopping!!)
If my review helped you, click yes below!

Mom is a perfume fanatic , she loves any and every kind of "good" smell ...She adores perfumes ..I remember a very dear friend gifted her with this eccentric perfume when it first came out in the 1990's ..It looked bizarre , expensive and both Mom & me were SO eager to try it ...Once tried all the eagerness crumpled !!! ...So strange a perfume , I don't think it's sugary or sweet at all , it simply smells like "Pampers" or nappies in general before it's used ...! Sorry for the shocking description , but that 's it really , it's neither a girly perfume nor a woman's fragrance ..I read the story behind it here in the reviews and I am certain now it was made for a peodo's victim ...a sickly obssession of an old man to a young under-age "Lolita " ( that what his nose would like to smell ) ....Sorry , to all fans but that is my honest opinion ....

on 11/21/2012 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is one of the thickest, overly-sugary caramel vanilla scents I've had smelled. I dislike it, a lot. It's overpowering, I feel like I'm getting diabetes just after a whiff. It's just and expensve version of every other overly sweet girly vanilla perfume.

on 11/19/2012 2:41:00 AM

I started wearing this properly after my first trip to France, on school exchange, where my host sister's best friend had dozens (not exaggerating) of empties of this lined up on her dresser. Needless to say, the smell reminds me of France, but also of going out - I think this is an excellent scent for wearing at night. It's a heady, liquor-ish liquorice based fragrance that is totally enveloping, kind of like a velvet hug. Which also makes it very good for winter and the colder months. The longevity of its popularity has also made it really affordable and easy to find if you need to try some (chances are you'll smell it and go 'oh! I know this smell!') - it's similar to Angel by Thierry Mugler in it's craving-inducing deliciousness but without that wet, sad yeasty tea note that I find makes me hate Angel a little bit. This is a truly beautiful and popular-for-a-reason perfume. Definitely worth a try, if not an obsession.

And the bottle is gorgeous, of course.

on 11/18/2012 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am so sad I ended up hating this. I'm a gourmand lover and I thought the description of this sounded absolutely gorgeous. But after swapping for it, I tried it and it smells like licorice diapers...Totally bizarre but that's the best way I can describe it! Pampers and licorice, no delicious notes in here, not at all :(

on 11/18/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Let's start with the most obvious thing- The bottle is perfection! I love the box too, with it's yellow-green colour and cute scrolled logo. Boxes are important to me since I always store my perfumes in their bottles to preserve the scent. The bottle itself is stunning. It's a lilac glass apple with gold leaf patterns. I was a little confused at first, trying to take the lid off. Then I realised that the spray is actually within the apple stem- so adorable! Unfortunately, this does make it very difficult to spray as there is very little surface area to press.

Once I- finally- manage to spray it, I'm immediately hit by the top notes of aniseed. It's a sweet, almost fruity, aniseed and very gourmand. It smells warm and comforting so it's perfect for cold mornings. As it wears, a vanilla base note comes through which adds to that feeling of warmth.

The sillage is great. I've smelt it on people before and I always know exactly what they're wearing. It's very recognisable and the sillage lasts throughout the day. Speaking of longevity, this lasts forever. It clings to clothes but still smells fresh without going stale.

In terms of price, it's pretty average for my expenditure at around 50 for 50ml. It surprises me as I was expecting it to be more expensive. Although it's very popular in the fragrance fanatic cirles, it's pretty niche in terms of mainstream fragrance. Plus, it has such great sillage and longevity that I'd expect the price point to be a lot higher so that's a major plus.

All in all, I absolutely adore this perfume. As I've already said, it's perfect for winter and a good price too. I'll just have to keep practising pressing down on that spray!

on 10/5/2012 8:51:00 PM

I think this is a lovely fragrance in a lovely bottle.

on 10/4/2012 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Certainly much more wearable than Angel for me. Great to layer with Nivea body lotion or any lotion that has a mild scent. Best to wear on cool autumn days.

on 9/28/2012 12:29:00 AM

I wanted to love this and expected to love this from reading reviews, but I strongly dislike it. :( I bought a full bottle unsniffed from Overstock because of the fantastic price. I was looking for a grown up gourmand, and loved the description of this as a gourmand with sweet floral notes. Unfortunately, this smells very strongly of play doh on me. The play doh smell is extremely strong at first, and does die down a bit, but still overpowers all of the other notes for the entirety of the wear.

The bottle is beautiful and the notes sound so lovely, but on me it just stunk.

on 9/11/2012 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my 2nd favourite perfum, and I will likely wear this forever. It is like and feminine, slightly floral and just wonderful in general. I always get compliments on how lovely I smell when I wear it. The packaging is lovely and the price is reasonable.

Popular Fragrances