Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

Water, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel), Menthol, Acetyl, Glucosamine, Trehalose, Soudium Hyaluronate, Butyene Glycol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 33 (CI 17200), EXT Violet (CI 60730)

on 10/3/2013 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Out of all my cosmetic-related products, this the product that I have used for the longest time and have repurchased most often, which is saying a lot for me because I love trying new things and rarely ever repurchase something.

Did it sting and dry out my combination skin (dry cheeks with slightly oily T-zone)? Oh yes. Was I aware that my T-zone became oilier after use than before? Yup. Did I realize that it's probably not a good idea to apply alcohol to same spot once or twice a day everyday? Yes. But I was addicted to the CLEAN feeling I got from using this. It got to the point that if I don't feel a burning sensation and see dirt/makeup/oil on my cotton pad after using a toner, it was no good, and nothing could top this baby. No pain no gain, right? So imagine my shock when I looked down at the little round pad and saw nothing after using my Clarisonic brush with the deep pore brush head (bad combination, by the way). Hallelujah! I quickly replaced my Lotion 2 with a series of gentle alcohol-free toners (Chanel Lotion Confort is phenomenal but expensive) and never looked back.

Bottom line: If you are using this toner get the clean feeling I'm talking about (which you probably are since neither Clinique nor anyone I've ever talked to purports that this does anything else), then it might be time to do some exploring. The beauty industry has expanded significantly since this toner came out, and there are products and combinations of products out there that does just as good of a job with cleaning without over-drying or irritating the skin.

on 9/26/2013 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm hooked. Is it a little harsh? Yes. The first time I used this toner I actually thought I'd put nail polish remover on my face instead. It's definitely not a mild product. But, like coffee, it's an acquired taste. And addictive. Nothing cleanses my face like this well. It thoroughly removes dirt, makeup, you name it! I'll completely cleanse my skin and it will still pick up remnants, it's that good. And the refreshing, tingly feeling afterwards is amazing. I don't think I'll be satisfied with any other toner now.

This stuff is pretty awesome! I have sensitive, dry combination skin. I rarely get acne, but I do have a few blemishes. I use this along with the three step system and it has really helped clear my skin up! It seems as if it works better over time. Definitely will be purchasing again!

on 9/4/2013 7:23:00 PM

This is my new HG toner! For whatever reason, I've steered clear of Clinique skincare products for the longest time. I have always felt that it was just another drugstore brand that's being sold at Sephora and other department stores. But I'm so glad I finally decided to give it a go! Lately I've been noticing that my skin needs are changing, I was an oily-combination girl but now that I am a bit older I'm more in the dry-combination scene. This compliments the new Clinique Dramatically different Moisturizing Lotion+ quite well. My skin looks better than ever. When I use this toner, I don't have to exfoliate and scrub my face as much. I also love the fact that it comes in 2 different sizes and at a very reasonable price. I've noticed more high-end skincare products today are way to expensive for the amount of product it gives. Yes, it does smell like alcohol but I don't mind it because it doesn't linger and it really lifts the dirt and oil off my face.

More about my Skin Type and Other Concerns: Light, Neutral-Warm (yellow) undertone, tans easily (hardly burns), can be easily irritated, clear/no breakouts(only during menstrual cycle), dry-combination and very little to no wrinkles.

on 9/2/2013 10:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this clarifying lotion for more than 10 years non stop. The thing is that I mostly use it on my neck, chest, and back, as an exfoliator. You can see that the cotton pad ends up brownish dirty very dirty, after you finish cleansing yourself with it. Even with all the grime it takes off your skin, your skin is Never left red, nor sensitive, nor burning, nor dry. It is a staple in my hygiene regimen. The plastic bottle and price is right on. Fully reccommend it!!

on 8/18/2013 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This toner smells like rubbing alcohol...very unpleasant. I love the tingly feeling that it gives me after i use it but dont be fooled by that, it instantly dried out my skin causing it to overproduce oil to compensate for it. I have acne prone skin but it has never been oily. This is by far the worst toner ive tried...

on 8/18/2013 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Don't put this stuff near your skin!

Anything that smells like vodka should not be applied to a cotton pad and wiped over your delicate face. Alcohol applied topically, or ingested is not good for you complexion.

on 8/6/2013 12:43:00 PM

I have been using this for a very long time. This seems to provide short term relief for oily skin. I have tried to cut down on using this, I used to use this daily but think my skin produces more oil when I use this daily.

on 7/30/2013 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

There are very few cosmetic products I am faithful to, but this is definitely one of them. I discovered it merely by accident when shopping for other Clinique products I mentioned how embarrassing it was to battle both adult acne and wrinkles at the same time. I was given samples of skin cleansing products and the Clarifying Lotion 2 was among them.
This product is for dry and combination skin, but honestly I am not sure if it is appropriate for this skin type. I personally use it as a treatment which takes care of all impurities with miraculous results. Thanks to this product I have flawless skin, but it is hard to imagine someone with really dry skin using this product. Get a sample before you buy the full size bottle.
Other Clinique products that are actually meant for oily and acne prone skin were too harsh and aggressive for me, maybe they are meant for much younger people whose skin has different needs.

on 7/29/2013 9:17:00 AM

I wanted to love this. However if you want a sensation of putting nail varnish remover over your face then try this. Never again!