July 22, 2014 | 2033 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by elisebowden21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Clarifying Lotion is an exfoliator NOT a toner or a lotion. It exfoliates the skin sweeping away any dead skin cells creating good cell turnover creating radiant and brighter looking skin.

Clarifying Lotion 2 has added menthol, this sometimes isn't explained when purchased and this can lead to some irritations and redness.

If you have problems with any Clarifying Lotion go back and see your local Clinique Consultant, you need to be honest about any skin issues so they can help solve the problem and Create Great Skin For You!

Any questions I am happy to answer on Clinique Products :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by calorumado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before starting the three step program, I was kind of a facial regime whore. I was always purchasing these expensive steps in hopes of smaller pores, less dry skin and a more even skin tone. I always had the best intentions but nothing worked - once again I decided I would try again to waste some money with the three step but I have been pleasantly disappointed.
The regime is absolutely amazing. You do not need very much of the toner on a cotton pad, and it takes off all of the make up you thought was already gone. It has serious cleaning power.
I am 24 with dry skin and it works wonders on me. My mother is 51 with extremely dry skin and very red skin, and it has done amazing things for her face in such a short time.
It is pricey, but it is worth every penny. I can now go out with no make up on and it looks as if I just put minimal make up on - it just does wonders for the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The name of the product is misleading, as it's not actually a lotion, but a toner. That being said, for me, it's great. Yes, it's a little drying, but most toners are to some degree, and I find this to be far less so than others I've used. This stuff must have some serious cleaning power. I use a wipe to take off most of my makeup at night, use a mild exfoliator, then a cleanser, then this toner followed by moisturizer. Even after the wipe, exfoliation and cleansing, when using this on a white cottonball all over my face, it still comes away with a little bit of dirt that has managed to cling on.

Recently I had a small breakout beginning on my forehead, but a couple days of using this toned it right down and now, a couple more days later, it's almost completely gone.

The only thing this lost points for is the price. Like all Clinique products, it's a little pricey. If I find this on sale, I would definitely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by FrancescaMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Irritated skin, caused breakouts & red blotches, never again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

jeepers creepers
how does this product sell and for what purpose? its just ghastly.

Oh clever clever Clinique-

By using the 'labcoat' approach you have convinced people to apply something that smells like paint thinner on their faces.
Their skin will become unbalanced, irritated and dehydrated and they will feel compelled to buy other Clinique products to rectify the skin imbalances.

gawd awful product. steer clear. the worst of the worst.

if you must use it - keep your matches and lighters far away or have a fire extinguisher at hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by snowpaum

I don't get why people gave negative reviews on this one! This is my all time favorite toner hands down. First of all, I don't use this in the morning since it's not necessary for me. Although it is drying a little, this will definitely eliminate the makeup residues from your pores thoroughly if you use this at night after cleansing your face in the bathroom. I found myself coming back to this toner after exploring all the different kinds out there. I personally believe toner is used to get rid of all the excess makeup that the regular cleansers couldn't clean out. If you're looking for a moisturizing toner, then why do you use toner in the first place? Toners are generally drying a little to different extents. Use moisturizer to lock in moisture, not toner.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Azaelia11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I do have to agree with most people on this that if you do have very sensitive skin i would not put this near your face because of the alcohol level and witch hazel in it. Yet i found i took a liking to this product after a couple uses because it cleared p all the gunk on my face that my cleanser left behind. I use is maybe 2-3 times a week once a day once a week on my whole face and twice on my t-zone i just loved how it quickly it cleared p my blackheads and he odd breakout just dab some on a cotton ball dab on the area and then used a mild moisturizer and my skin has never looked or felt better. Theres lots of good and bad reviews of this product, i dnt think id buy this again it is a bit pricey but if you use it on rare occasion a little goes a long way and will last a lot longer

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

I had a horrendous experience with Clinique products, considering that their toners would NOT balance out my combination skin, and would rather flare up my already flared up dry patches. The smell was horrendous, and it was interesting and rather disheartening to read on the back of the bottle that it is, indeed, flammable. Considering that liquids are generally flammable at 40% alcohol, you'll see why this toner is a definite no go. Why anyone would put this on their face is beyond me.

My sister uses hers as nail polish remover, let that sink in for a second.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by crazeee4u

I don't generally write reviews but this one definitely deserves one.. in a bad way. I got a sample of this in my Topbox and I finally got around to trying it out. First of all, it says its for dry combination skin which is absolutely what I have (esp with the dry Canadian weather at the moment). I honestly thought it would be similar to my Shiseido pureness toner but... it absolutely was not. It seriously stung my face, my face felt like it was on fire. I then looked at the label and it says "flammable", that leads me to believe that it must contain some alcohol in it. Why in the world would you put alcohol in a skin product for dry skin? That doesn't make any sense to me. I probably wouldn't buy it and my skin is a bit happier now that I have my night cream on.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by olivialoaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this through topbox. I have dry, sensitive skin. I was willing to try it as I sometimes get oily on my nose.

The smell combined with the large FLAMMABLE warning was worrying. I only used this on my nose, and it BURNS. I haven't actually had a bad reaction or breakouts, so I'm willing to get through the bottle. I don't want to use this anywhere else on my face though.