September 30, 2014 | 1406 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Why do Clinique keep giving me these awful toners as a GWP. I DO NOT want them!This stuff had the same effect on my skin as the last Clinique toner I tried.It burns!! I am not sensitive. Truly awful, but hardly surprising as alcolhol denat is 2nd on the ingredients list.And witch hazel and menthol, OUCH!!! This amount of alcohol is NOT a preservative. It causes cell damage and collagen breakdown.Even on young oily skins this will do more harm than good in the long run.The only Clinique toner worth consideration is the mild cloudy one.I do use Clinique products and love them , but this toner, exfoliant , clarifying lotion or whatever you want to call it makes me cringe!Stay well clear would be my advice!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Even thought I have a dry and sensitive skin, I love this product. In fact, I started using this as a teen, stolen from my mom. I love the refreshing feeling and the really clean feeling that it leave, but I really have to use an hydrating lotion after it because my skin do feel tight after a while. However, I do not use it as a toner, everyday and every night, but mostly as an exfoliant, 2-3 times a week when I have pimples and my skin feel a little on the oilier side.

I'll def purchase eventually, probably when there'll be a gift with purchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This product smells TERRIBLE!!! I was scared to even put it on my face or body it smelled so bad.

This stuff was SUPER flakey and irritated my face terribly after only a few uses. Usually I am a big Clinique fan but this just really disappointed me.

I wouldn't buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by IdaNoren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using my Clinique Clarifying Lotion #1 for over a year and I absolutely love it. Lately my skin has gone from dry to combination so when I achieved this as a gift from my mom I got really exited.

This morning I decided to try it out since I ran out of my old one for very dry/ dry skin. As soon as I opened the bottle a strong scent of alcohol hit me and when I put it on it didn't feel fresh and calming on the skin like my old one, it made my skin feel really dehydrated and irritated. Can you imagine that tingling feeling that some lip balms like Carmex and Burt's Bees gives, all over your face. It's horrible! My mom tried it and she felt exactly the same.

I read the description on the backside of the product and the fact that it was flammable didn't calm me down. When I went on here and saw that some people even used it as a nail polish remover (I tried it and it didn't work for me) I had to take a look in the mirror to make sure that my face still was there. Surprisingly I could not see any signs on an allergic reaction, but I could still feel it.

I don't know exactly what made my skin freak out but I think it must be because of the high level of alcohol, the menthol or the mixture of both. Anyhow I'm not gonna be using this anymore and I wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE, especially not anyone with dry and sensitive skin.

Even though im sure it works as an exfoliator it's so not worth the feeling it leaves on the skin. This product is nothing more than a waste of money and I'm really disappointed over Clinique but I'm gonna keep repurchase the Clarifying Lotion #1 for really dry skin.

EDIT: Even thought I said I wasn't going to use it anymore i decided to give it a second chance. After a while I got used to the horrible feeling but it did dry out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by MariahB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the most amazing toner that I have ever used! It is even better than Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion (which kind of stung, but it did serve a different purpose).

I love the fresh feeling of the toner, it is an instant refresher. One thing that I am not too fond of is the packaging. It would be much better if the bottle had a pump, I think it would save product and dispense the perfect amount.

The feeling is amazing though, It's not drying at all. Sometimes when I'm in a rush before bed, I forget to put moisturizer on and my skin is perfectly fine!

I paid $16.00 for 4.7 oz, but it's worth every single penny!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by elisebowden21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Clarifying Lotion is an exfoliator NOT a toner or a lotion. It exfoliates the skin sweeping away any dead skin cells creating good cell turnover creating radiant and brighter looking skin.

Clarifying Lotion 2 has added menthol, this sometimes isn't explained when purchased and this can lead to some irritations and redness.

If you have problems with any Clarifying Lotion go back and see your local Clinique Consultant, you need to be honest about any skin issues so they can help solve the problem and Create Great Skin For You!

Any questions I am happy to answer on Clinique Products :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by calorumado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before starting the three step program, I was kind of a facial regime whore. I was always purchasing these expensive steps in hopes of smaller pores, less dry skin and a more even skin tone. I always had the best intentions but nothing worked - once again I decided I would try again to waste some money with the three step but I have been pleasantly disappointed.
The regime is absolutely amazing. You do not need very much of the toner on a cotton pad, and it takes off all of the make up you thought was already gone. It has serious cleaning power.
I am 24 with dry skin and it works wonders on me. My mother is 51 with extremely dry skin and very red skin, and it has done amazing things for her face in such a short time.
It is pricey, but it is worth every penny. I can now go out with no make up on and it looks as if I just put minimal make up on - it just does wonders for the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The name of the product is misleading, as it's not actually a lotion, but a toner. That being said, for me, it's great. Yes, it's a little drying, but most toners are to some degree, and I find this to be far less so than others I've used. This stuff must have some serious cleaning power. I use a wipe to take off most of my makeup at night, use a mild exfoliator, then a cleanser, then this toner followed by moisturizer. Even after the wipe, exfoliation and cleansing, when using this on a white cottonball all over my face, it still comes away with a little bit of dirt that has managed to cling on.

Recently I had a small breakout beginning on my forehead, but a couple days of using this toned it right down and now, a couple more days later, it's almost completely gone.

The only thing this lost points for is the price. Like all Clinique products, it's a little pricey. If I find this on sale, I would definitely buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by FrancescaMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Irritated skin, caused breakouts & red blotches, never again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

jeepers creepers
how does this product sell and for what purpose? its just ghastly.

Oh clever clever Clinique-

By using the 'labcoat' approach you have convinced people to apply something that smells like paint thinner on their faces.
Their skin will become unbalanced, irritated and dehydrated and they will feel compelled to buy other Clinique products to rectify the skin imbalances.

gawd awful product. steer clear. the worst of the worst.

if you must use it - keep your matches and lighters far away or have a fire extinguisher at hand.