October 20, 2014 | 1683 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by snowglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good product. I've owned them all and they all smell gorgeous. More importantly, they are all moisturizing beyond belief.

Drawback: because these are so rich, they will leave a white film when applied heavily. Thus I find them best for nighttime as a lip treatment. However, they can also be used very (and I mean VERY) lightly before applying a matte lipstick to prevent the lipstick from drying out your lips. My ritual is now a very light application of Nivea Lip Butter, then lip liner, then matte lipstick, with the result being comfortable to wear, fade resistant, and very long-wearing.

Recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lildzik

I love using this for a night time routine, but to wear the raspberry kind out in public would be a disaster. It's extremely light and filmy, but it does make your lips softer than any other lip product once it has seeped in. It's better than Vaseline, but appearance wise...no thanks

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lemonjaide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought all 3 flavors on impulse at CVS, and I'm happy I did cause I love them all. They all smell delicious and make my lips super soft. I wish I could get one of these for every space in my house so I'm never without them!

Raspberry Rose- It's a pastel pink color, which surprised me because I was expecting it to be more jewel-toned, but it's not a bad thing! When you put this one on it tints your lips slightly lighter pink, and it almost seems to have a silvery shine in it. The smell is almost like Nerds candy. It's great.

Caramel Cream- This is a cream color, like the color of evaporated milk. It goes on easy, and stays for a long time. Since it's spring, this probably isn't going to be my #1 for a while, but I can easily see myself really getting into this when Fall rolls around, it's exactly the kind of thing my lips crave in Autumn! This smells exactly like what you'd assume- salted caramel, with maybe a tiny hint of apple.

Vanilla Macadamia- This one is a milky white shade. And it's definitely my favorite of the three! I find myself reaching for it all the time! The scent is very in season for spring and I basically wish my entire life smelled exactly like this lip butter. It smells delicious, like a fresh-baked batch of sugar cookies.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Watching Destiny Godley on youtube and on her suggestion, I decided to buy and see what the fuss was about. Got it from amazon for about $4, although I'm sure its probably cheaper in the local drugstore. Anyway, I got Caramel Cream Kiss and even though it was smaller than I anticipated for the price(.59 oz/16.7 g), I wasn't let down. I use mines before bed and I wake up with nice, smooth and soft lips the next day. It has a very nice smell which reminds me of salted caramel which I love; it doesnt taste like anything, but I wasn't expecting that. It also contains shea butter, almond oil, glycerin and castor oil which are great for healthy skin no matter where you use them. Definitely a repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

found this at grocery outlet for only $2! i have this in original which is scent free and flavorless. colorful design on every tin. this is a very nice, waxy/smooth moisturizing lip balm. using too much will leave a white cast on your lips though. you only really need a small amount to work and to prevent the white cast.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this lip butter for overnight! I wouldn't recommend it for use during the day, or use before a lipstick, but it has definitely improved the quality of my lips when I use it every night before bed (I use the raspberry one). It does leave a white cast, which is why I only ever use it before bed, and it feels like i'm wearing a heavy lip balm so I don't use it during the day, but this product is a must have! I wake up and my lips are ready for whatever lipstick I choose.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

They look cute, but do nothing for my lips. Nivea's tube lip balms are much more effective. Applying too much will leave a white film on your lips. Tossed mine after 2 or 3 weeks. Waste of $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Ayazxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE. IT.

Thank God I found this product. It is amazing for lips. I do have terrible peeling lips from a habit of ripping the skin (I know, disgusting). This has worked wonder for my lips and had given me literally the perfect lips. No peeling, no chapping. I bought this in Coconut and Macademia Nut at my local Shoppers Drug Mart, I can't recall the price I paid. It smells soooo good.
The ONLY thing, and sadly it's a big thing. When applying onto my lips it goes on really white. I actually didn't know this at first and a couple of my friends asked me what the hell was on my lips lol. I actually don't even care that it goes on that way because it makes my lips so soft and smooth. It bothers my friend so much when I do put it on but hey, my lips are softer than hers now!
I do also use this at night. I wake up in the morning with two beautifully soft pillows on my face haha! Despite the white colour I still love this product. I hope they don't change the formula on me to please the people out there who hate the white cast it gives. I give it two thumbs up. I'm already starting to see the bottom of my first tin and I DEFINITELY WILL BUY AGAIN :)))))

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- extremely moisturizing
- the texture is very smooth
- it's very lightweight
- lips say hydrated for a while
-- no need to apply it again for a while

Cons:
- you can't apply this in layers
-- if you do, your lips end up looking white

I only use this overnight.
1. My lips are usually very dry when I wake up in the morning.
2. I like to apply a very thick amount of this on my lips.
3. The product comes in a metal tin. Since I have to use my fingers, I apply this right after I take a shower.
Overall, I would consider this a "must-have." You know how there are hydrating masks for our skin? Let's just say this is the effective equivalent for our lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by mikakitty

Being a long-time fan of Nivea, I decided to purchase one of the lip butters today to try them out. The one I picked up was the "Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss".

Product -- This lip butter lives up to it's name of being moisturizing and long lasting. After applying it, I treated myself to a Bubble Tea. After I was finished, I could still feel some of the lip butter on my lips. Not a lot, but enough to be noticed.

Price -- I think the price I paid was justified. It was $2.87 at Walmart. Compared to other lip balms I've tried (Burts Bees, Soft Lips, EOS), it was not only cheap but impressive.

Packaging -- Like many people, the packaging doesn't make me too happy. I did find a way to apply it without having to use my finger. It was by just removing the lid and using the tin as if it was a regular lip balm; press lightly to lips and coat. Granted its not as effective as using one's finger and concentrating the product, it helps for those of us who really don't want to put our fingers in it. In time, one may need to use their finger though. In terms of opening the tin, I didn't have much trouble with my real nails. If i had gel-nails, or some sort of manicured nails, I would be very concerned about accidentally jabbing my fingernail into the product.

Overall, I would repurchase this :)