December 17, 2014 | 1474 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by strawbetty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have these in the shades Lolita and Princess and they're probably my favourite lip product. They're sorta the kinda things that you use once and you're like 'meh' but you find that you keep coming back to! I have naturally pigmented lips and Lolita is totally my everyday MLBB shade. Princess I would save for going out as it's brighter and more dramatic. The colours slide smoothly over my lips with ease and they're never patchy, which I find happens with quite a lot of my other lip products. Feels almost like a super watery gloss at first and then gets slightly stickier, but never so sticky that you think it's going to glue your mouth shut! I've heard people complain about the 'gloopiness' of the product but I like it; feels like it's really sticking to my lips. I normally apply one coat of Lolita and don't have to worry about it for at least 4 hours before I find myself wanting to touch up. They do transfer quite easily but I can overlook that. Love the cute packaging and while the flowery scent may be a turn-off for some, I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by jiegao8

I have this in the color milady and it's gorgeous. Applies easily and not too sticky or running. Just enough shine without being too overly shimmering. Color stays well even after eating or drinking. I would love to try the other colors but currently have too many lipsticks and lip glosses still hanging around. I think for a drug store lip stain this is definitely a good buy and a must try.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the colour in Bella. It looks sheer on the lips, not very glittery which is nice. Im not fond of the taste though. Overall a nice everyday colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by curlyhairchick369

love this stuff! i have very red, pigmented lips, which i am thankful for, but they do limit my lip color options since light or even bright colors can make them look pale or just weird. these caresse stains really adjust to my lip shade and make them look colorful and nice, not weirdly pale or over the top i just ate something pigmented and now my lips are unnaturally stained this color bright. theres a variety of shades, and all the packaging is a little plasticky and not as nice and metal as it looks, i think you're getting you're moneys worth.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by JayMUA

I got this in berry persistent. The swatches I found online looked very nice but actually on me it was very patchy. My bottom lip somehow got darker/more color than the upper lip & I have never had this issue with any other gloss, stain or lipstick

I'm not sure if it is just this color but there is a fruity scent to it that I don't mind.

The texture is really goopy & sticky. It only looks good after 2-3 layers. However, it does NOT look like the color in the tube at all. I have to let it settle for a bit before adding another layer or pressing my lips together or the color moves

I wanted to like this. It isnt terrible & I will use it but I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by princessplumjade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

11/04/2013
I bought "Lilac Ever After" over the weekend and my first impressions are very mixed. So far:

1) Packaging is elegant and appears durable but not practical.

2) I like the applicator. I have slender "kitten lips" and this applicator allows me to apply product without hitting skin around my mouth. I'd say it's one of the best, most precise applicators I've ever used.

3) Product itself has nice texture -- very lightweight and non-sticky. It glides on, "sets" and wears pretty well. Several hours. ALSO, I ate spaghetti and meat sauce while wearing this. Despite several napkin blots, the light glossy color held on to my lips. It's not SUPER SHINY like more traditional lip gloss, but it definitely shines.

4) I've noted other consumers have complained of dryness. I haven't experienced that BUT I DO moisturize my lips with a light mauve tinted balm prior to applying lip color, so that might offset product dryness.

5) Here's the "dealbreaker" -- Unattractive, inaccurate colors. I purchased "Lilac Ever After" and it's not lilac, rosy, pinkish, purplish, or anything remotely resembling lilac. It looks like a soft, cool mauve in the container but it sets to a very obvious peachy nude. I have cool undertones, so this color "drains" my face and makes me look tired and sallow. I'm considering exchanging it for an alternative color, but I'm unsure a new cool color will be any less warm/peach/orange. UPDATE: I've found that layering application makes the product closer to its designated color. Still... Even layered this really doesn't look lilac or cool-toned to me. I look less "washed out" due to the deeper color but the finish doesn't look like gloss or stain, it looks like shiny creamy lipstick.

I suspect L'Oreal deliberately produced this product in inferior, inaccurate colors to steer customers to YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres Glossy Stain (the "high end" equivalent selling for $34). Perhaps these are more color true? I've not sampled them so I couldn't say, but I've CONSIDERED checking them out to see if I can get a better color.

This annoys me, and it doesn't help that the L'Oreal stain isn't exactly cheap.

11/17/2013 --

I tried another color -- Stubborn Plum -- and liked it better. It applied more a pale-medium fuchsia pink than plum -- again! Poor color consistency! It lasted pretty well and left a natural, rosy pink stain. Didn't dry my lips out and it layers well. If I'd bought this one first, I'd probably be reasonably satisfied with the product, but I still think the color issue is a problem.

8 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Rea24

Okay, seriously, this is the worst I have ever experienced with lip stains. It made my lips become so dry that I had to exfoliate my lips to get rid of dead skin. For 15 minutes in the morning I was just rubbing them off, it was really bad. And once they were all off, I could feel my lips stretching and my skin almost peeling off again. I had to put tons of Nivea and other lotion to keep it from getting ripped again :(
I really hated this product. I will NEVER EVER buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by MeghanSimon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE!!! I have this in the lilac, red, and berry and they are my absolute favorites. The red is absolutely beautiful and you. An build the colors up from a sheer color to very bold. They last all day, aren't sticky or bad tasting don't transfer terribly. The color is true to what you see but at its most built up. The berry persist looks like a scary purple but with only one application it's really pretty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

In the drugstore department, this is the best lipstain/gloss!!

I bought it in shade 300 Juliet. It is a red/pink which was exactly was I was looking for because I dont like a full, extreme red lip on me.

I wear this and it last for hours! Through drinking, eating, and time through the day. It really stains my lips.

The color is vibrant and true. Its also shiny. In my opinion, it could be shinier, but that's just me! I like extreme shiny/glittery things so this is perfect who wants an in between matte/shiny.

It is a bit drying and can emphasize the dry skin on a persons lips, but just put lip-balm before or after.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

How happy was I when accidently found this wet shine stain in lilac ever after #185.
But little did I know that the color in the package and the actual color differ significantly.
I bought it at CVS. And even though they are very strict with testing their products I opened it, looking around like a bandit and trying to be inconspicuous as much as I could. Fortunately it wasn't sealed, none of them was ( I checked 3,4, may be they come like this) and swatched it on my wrist. The color on the tube and the swatch were exactly what I was looking for: cool toned lilac nude. You can see small particles of shimmer in the tube but not on the lips that much.
I tryed it at home and was happy again. My lips looked naturally pale in a nude way and wet. They looked like there's no color on my lips, exactly what I wanted. But when i came back to the bath room in a couple of minutes and saw my lips in the mirrow i coudnt beleive the way the color had changed. The color warmed up to the pinkish mauve almost berry like.
I have so many pinkish lip sticks, glosses that this was exactly what I was NOT looking for. I am very disappointed with the color I got and drug store doesn't make it easy. I don't know whay they don't keep one product as a tester. I personally would shop more there if they let people test. I have three or four lip glosses and lip stick which I don't use because the color turned out different and I don't like to return things especially when they are from drug stores. Sorry for whining! Instead, I will head straight to sephora full of testers.
....................................................
I have to add that I liked the product itself. The name itself says that it is a wet stain not a gloss. And it does give your lips wet sensation and wet look right after application. But unfortunately these sensation doesn't last long. It can be drying especially in winter that's why I apply it on top of my lip balm. The color lasts quite long I think 4, 5 hours definitely, which is good for stain. It can be applyed sheer or you can build it and get more color considering the way this particular shade changes. It had very light fragrance nothing irritating.
I would recommend it but check swatches and reviews before buying otherwise you can get what you don't expect to get.
I will not buy it again because from the range of colors it offers I liked only lilac ever after and it happened to be nothing close to lilac.
---------------------------------------------------------
Update: it gets very sticky after sometime, plus this lip gloss has some unpleasant taste.