December 19, 2014 | 1677 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Nearly Naked Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have dry skin and when i swatched this on my hand in the store it felt very lightweight and smooth, so I decided to spend the $26 on it because I needed a new foundation as I can no longer use my BB cream because it was breaking me out. Biggest waste of money. The texture, when put on my dry skin, is clumpy and super hard to blend.. It kind of feels like the actual foundation is watery but the spf in the foundation causes it to be clumpy??? This also emphasized my dry patches, which is a deal-breaker for me. This foundation also smells like greek yoghurt, which bugged the hell out of me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great foundation!!! i have dry skin, it doesnt get cakey or oily on me. i do use a bit of powder but this dont really need it. the texture is amazing and lightweight feels like nothing, this does make you look natural but better (as said in post below) its good coverage, although i do prefer my usual concealer. i have the shade vanilla and its perfect the price is good but the packaging needs a pump lol...overall very good revlon:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ewon8413

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Hasn't gained my full honour, but this is a lovely product, won't lie.

CLAIMS:
*natural looking skin.

That's about the only claim on this thing. But DOES JUST THAT AND EVEN MORE!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:
*covering texture, application, etc etera.

FEELS: (eh) very nice and almost cooling against the skin. This with a dampen sponge is the best waker-upper for in the morning and really jolts me alive. Even after washing my face! Can get a bit heavy, though.
SMELL: (eh) definitely as a foundation smelling smell to it but no added fragrances, I'm guessing.
TEXTURE: (love) more liquid and less thick than most.
PIGMENTATION: (love) gives me this luminous radiance that isn't dewy or wet but at the same keeps me matte with the medium coverage this offers. Helps hide my under eye circles and redness around the nose.
FINISH: (love) gorgeous luminosity and radiance.

APPLICATION: (eh) doesn't tell you how to use it, but a brush isn't the best.
MY APPLICATION PROCESS:
#1: Dampen a Sponge.
#2: Dab some product with the Sponge.

WEAR OF PRODUCT:

TIME: (love) lasts a VERY LONG time. No joke (10 hours) and without sebum build up (8 hours)
LOOKS: (love) doesn't seep into pores or fine lines.
WEAR: (eh) can rub off onto clothes, but mostly doesn't. Wearing glasses, it does scrap some product off but once it sets, it's set.
REACTION: (eh) if this was perfumed, it would be a delight to use, but since it isn't fragranced, my skin doesn't seem the slightest damaged after using this product.
REMOVAL: (love) it's really easy to cleanse off (oil).

THE PACKAGING:

TRAVEL: (bad) heavy and made of glass.
SPECIFICS: (eh) the bottled foundation is hard to get out without a pump and isn't vanity quality either. It's just overall casual and simple.
VANITY: (eh) get's messy around the cap.

Price is okay, rounding around $11 dollars US.
It's your typical foundation if you want natural luminous skin that isn't too thick or dewy looking. Since it's a foundation, it's heavier, or at least for me, it is, and overall, I really enjoy it.
For makeup: AMAZING.
For skincare: NO WAY.
For dazzling up your vanity?: MAYBE.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2014 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Taylorbohn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Because my skin is severe, it wasn't enough coverage to completely cover my redness and blemishes. It was pretty decent for a quick layer when I don't need full coverage. Definitely recommend it for people with slight discoloration or redness. Nice and lightweight too. Also wouldn't recommend for very oily skin(unless you use a REALLY good, mattifying primer).

All in all, a good foundation, just not for my skin type.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had very high expectations for this foundation, since I am such a fan of Revlon's Photoready line. I looove the photoready foundations, and they used to be HG for me, and I am a foudation junky!! only they don't look as good on me as they used to, being that I need more coverage and concealing around my eyes after having some teeth extracted.

I also noticed this line was missing the shade in between Shell (3) and shade (5), so I was a little bummed about that right off the bat. I am NC25 and went with Shell since the next shade darker looked like it'd be way to dark. Ideally I think I need a shade in between.

So, as it turns out, this foundation is VERY sheer. I was hoping for light-medium coverage since most foundations that claim sheer coverage are actually closer to medium. This however, is about as sheer as most BB creams.

With that being said, this is not a must-have for most people. HOWEVER, many people will enjoy this foundation. It definitely evens up the complexion pretty nicely, and is dewy and youthening. I would never wear this without a setting powder, far too dewy and light. I do like the finish, there is just somehting pretty and so luminizing about it, just like the photoready foundations. Gorgeous finish, but I need a little more coverage. This is not a dupe for UD Naked which is quite heavy, but close to NARS Sheer glow. Bobbi Brown skin has a lot more pigment. Revlon NN is more beautiful finish, light pigment. The finish is so nice I might consider applying this on top of a BB (but probably won't have time :). This foudation also seems that it'd be very photogenic too, so that is a plus.

Who will like this foundation? :
-people who like BB's for daily use
-aging complexions (takes a few yrs off the face)
-people who like to use a heavy powder and concealer with a light foundation
-those who want undetectable foundation (looks so great up close!)

Who will hate this foundation?:
-those who need heavily concealed areas like dark circles
-those with oily skin
-those who need long-lasting foundation
-those who like medium coverage or higher
-those with sensitive skin (kind of gives slight irritation)

Overall, the finish of this foundation is really gorgeous and makeup is undetectable even up close "cheek-to-cheek"...but I would've liked a littttttle more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by klmaci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is a great product! I was low on cash and usually buy Urban Decay Naked so I thought I'd try this out. I lucked out! it was a hit! it blended great, medium coverage, not a thick foundation so it can be reapplied if needed! what I did not like was the packaging, it could use some work on that end. Overall great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Easy to blend, light coverage, natural finish, and stay all day. Nice foundation if you have flawless skin. Excellent price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by suede425

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nearly Naked by Revlon is absolutely amazing. Only you know you're wearing it, it has a nice buildable coverage while looking naturally flawless. There's a range of colors, I like Fresh Beige, since it's summer or if you have a tan, you will probably like Sun Beige or Natural Tan or you can mix two colors if you wish. It's lightweight, and blendable. It took years for me to find my Holy Grail, this is it. NO breakouts either. Perfect to add to your makeup routine. For Concealer, my choice is Estee' Lauder's Double Wear. Or Revlon's Color Stay. I took off one lippy because of packaging, the bottle needs to be wiped off every time before putting cap back on due to wide opening. But, that's a small thing, love the contents. I will be buy again and again. Hopefully, it won't be discontinued anytime soon, in a word it's 'perfect' :).

Tip: For a natural flawless look; after you wash your face, tone and moisturize, do your hair first or just wait awhile before you put on your makeup. Then put on a light layer of Nearly Naked foundation first, (don't forget to blend down through to your neckline, then use concealer only where needed, then lightly use powder to set. Then add another light layer of Nearly Naked foundation for a dewy look, not cakey or powdery. If you have a setting spray follow up with that. If not it will set on it's own in 5 minutes. Trust me you'll be one happy naturally flawless girl. :)..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Tpoortier

I absolutely LOVE this foundation.I used to use Revlon colorstay foundation before this and I'll never buy it again. I have very acne prone skin and this is the only foundation that does not break me out at all! I have alot of redness and acne scaring and I'm surprised by how well this covers everything. It also doesn't dry my face out like Revlon colorstay foundation does. If you have oiky skin and use this you will probably want to set it with a powder. But for me its all I use... It's buildable too which is nice (: I just hate the packaging! If they changed it to a pump than I'd be very happy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by meowsers2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A good foundation when you just need light coverage. The main reason I like it is they have a great variety of shades and so I was able to find one that matched perfectly.
Wore it for my wedding and had a few close-up pics of my face and it looked flawless without any digital re-touching. Poreless, smooth, etc.

It's pretty liquidy, it smooths on easily for light coverage.

Not a fan of this kind of bottle. I prefer a pump or a squeeze bottle that's why I took off a point.