Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 1/22/2015 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Middle of the road mascara.

Pros: Inexpensive, some length, some volume.

Cons: Hard brush, potential to clump, kind of wet formula.

It's meh - keep at work for an "oops, I forgot my good mascara/makeup bag at home" day, it will do a fairly decent job as a backup to your backup. The brush is almost identical to LashBlast, which I also view as "meh".

on 1/22/2015 12:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: long-lasting, adds length, cool rocket design. Cons: difficult to remove, kinda clumpy, doesn't add *too* much volume easily (though my lashes are teeny tiny). Overall, it's good enough that I'll continue to use it, but I plan to keep shopping around for good, cheap mascaras.

on 1/22/2015 7:58:00 AM

Sorry to say but this isnt helping my short and straight asian lashes.it clumps my lashes,doesnt hold clump, doesnt volumize much,doesnt lengthen much.It is also quite hard to apply to lower lashes.

on 1/21/2015 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I absolutely hate this mascara. I have relatively long lashes, but this made my lashes look short, stubby and clumpy. Very disappointed with this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a horrible mascara! I used it once and literally all my lashes clumped together into one big clump in the middle of my eye. I had to take it off right away and use something else. And, in the short time it was on my eye, it smeared and smudged everywhere just by blinking. The brush picks up way too much product, and makes all your lashes stick together. And, about a week later I tried to use it again, but when I took the wand out of the tube the packaging broke! The little stopper that takes off excess mascara came out of the tube, so all the product (yes, all of it,) that was in the tube went on the brush. I couldn't even see the bristles anymore! I got rid of it right after, and won't ever be repurchasing.

on 1/20/2015 3:52:00 PM

Its good. It delivers length like i dont know what else. Volume is really ok.
Separates the lashes nicely and doesnt smudge on me.
Its a tad drier than the One By One, witch i also love, but then again it delivers just a little tiny bit moore.
Im rebuying this :)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I did like how this made my lashes look because it gave so much length! However, it's heavy and a bit clumpy. Believe me, it's super super SUPER awesome for lengthening; just not so much for volume. Maybe you could apply the mascara, then just use a different brush to separate your lashes more. Either way though, it still feels like you're wearing mascara, which is why it feels heavy and uncomfortable. Overall, I would repurchase because it lengthens so well!

on 1/18/2015 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara is honestly not that bad. It is labeled as a volumizing mascara, but I find that it provides more lengthening than overall volume. The level of volume it gives is nice and moderate without looking overdone, as some volumizing mascaras tend to do. It also does a good job separating the lashes. The only strange issue I had with it... and this is kind of odd.... is that the wand scratches your upper waterline when applying it from root to tip... almost like a comb does to your scalp. Don't worry though - It is not going to hurt your eye, but it is a strange sensation to feel. I think that is probably why it lengthens so well.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this mascara, it has great length and volume. it doesn't clump and is not spiky or sticky.

on 12/30/2014 5:14:00 PM

Used this til it ran out because it came in waterproof. The hold was great but it was suuuper dark and unnatural looking, clumpy and flaky. Felt heavy.

Video Reviews & Tutorials