April 18, 2014 | 1822 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by jscott7196

I love this mascara for the fact that it is extremely separating and it doesn't clump no matter how much you put on. I will agree with everyone on the fact that it isn't volumizing and doesn't build up so therefor I use this mascara in conjunction with my holy grail mascara (benefits they're real) which is an amazing mascara but it can get a little clumpy which is where this mascara comes in. It's extremely good for working out clumps and separating and for that reason I will continue to use it and purchase it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Akidrad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This formula is rather dry and flakes like crazy, even with a primer underneath. What a bummer. I gave it 2 lippies because it does resist clumping (hooray for good advertising) but overall I found the formula inferior and much dryer than the Cover Girl Lash Blast (in the orange tube). I won't repurchase and won't even finish this tube, sadly.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by paddlepops

I got this on sale as a fan of the lashblast by covergirl i decided to pick this one for my next venture.

i really wanted to like this but i didn't. yes it does not clump which is why i gave it two stars. this means you can wear however much you want. but it didn't do a lot of lengthening, defining and volumising. it gives quite a natural lash look which is good for everyday which i liked.

but there's just something about it that doesn't make my lashes look great. i like my lashes all evenly curled and almost every lash uniform in its shape. parts of my lashes were less curled, others were going in a different direction. i like a really an even lash like a false lash and this made my lashes wonky.

but i feel like it gets better with age, i've seen it work better recently. i like to turn my brush concave for the first application and turn it convexly to focus it more of the tips of my lashes. it makes for a more smoother 'prettier' lash. and another tip is to recurl after applying the mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by czechkiss

I really wanted to like this mascara as I am on the hunt for my new go to, and all the reviews have been so good. However I'm sorry to report I found it didn't go on smoothly at all, dried so fast and was not buildable at all. Clumps. I did like the brush though. Maybe I just got an old one, but I'm going to throw it out and take my chances on another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by cluedro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first tried this I wasn't that impressed but over time I've grown pretty attached! It's not especially lengthening or stand-out but it's quick and easy to apply due to the no-clump factor. You can put 4 or 5 coats on if you want to and it still hardly clumps at all. It also doesn't flake or irritate my eyes like some other drugstore brands. Overall a great everyday product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Khandigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally found my HG drugstore mascara. I'm on my 4th tube. I used L'oreal Voluminous for years, but then I tried a sample of Benefit's They're Real and became addicted for awhile. I couldn't bring myself to keep paying $23 a tube, especially because mascara should be replaced every 3 months (over $90 a year for mascara?!!). I was about to buy Voluminous again, but happened to see Clump Crusher on sale at CVS and bought it instead. The Voluminous is runnier and tended to transfer to my upper eyelid no matter how careful I was, took awhile to dry and tended to weigh down my lashes if I applied multiple coats. I have long lashes, but they tend to point straight down :( . CC makes them look thicker and curlier (even when I don't use an eyelash curler!) with very minimal clumping and no transfer onto my eyelids. It only clumps when I don't wiggle the brush properly when applying. It dries quickly and doesn't flake, but comes off easily with a regular eye makeup remover. The brush is excellent for separating and fanning the lashes out at the outer corner. I can apply multiple coats without getting 'spider legs' or weighing the lashes down. The brush and formula are also great for the lower lashes. CC does not make my lashes appear longer, so I agree with reviewers who feel that this is probably not the best mascara for short lashes. Since this is so cheap, I think it's worth a shot, especially if you have long lashes that are hard to curl/keep curled.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by ShadowDreamr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gave this a 3 only because it didn't clump my lashes together. Unfortunately this mascara did not give me volume nor help lengthen. I don't recommend it for asian or shorter lashes and it is a little more pricey than other drug store mascara a I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by EllaW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am always on a (usually futile) search for The Perfect Mascara. I've tried so many, and while most are ok, there is always something left to be desired.
My most recent acquisition had gotten to the point where it needed to be replaced, so off I went to search for something new.

I was originally drawn to this particular mascara because of the pricetag - under $7.00 at my local Wal-Mart. Being as frugal (aka: cheap) as I am this was a big plus for me. One of my biggest pet-peeves with regards to mascaras is clumping, so this products claims of being a "clump-crusher" was intriguing. I decided that if it held up to its claims, I would be very happy, and if it didn't, well, at least I wasn't going to lose a lot of money.

The packaging itself is simple, with a simple cheery bright green tube (which I love!). The brush is plastic with fairly short, stiff bristles and a slight curve.

So when I tried it for the first time today, I have to say that it does what it claims to do. After putting on multiple coats (I like dramatic lashes) there was nary a clump in sight! Amazing! The small brush reaches all of my eyelashes, even those elusive ones at the very corners. Its smaller size keeps the mascara on my lashes, rather than on my lids (which is often a problem for me). The formula itself is light and airy, leaving my lashes longer and darker, but without weighing them down at all or leaving my lashes stiff.

All in all I would definitely recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is probably my favourite drugstore mascara.

I have been having issues wearing mascara since I moved to a very dry environment, and also wear contacts (contacts dry out, I rub my eyes, mascara smears EVERYWHERE), so I had to wear some higher end brands for a while until I adjusted, but I finally found a drugstore brand I could wear again: this little beauty right here.

Now unlike some other reviewers, I do not get 100% clump free finish from this mascara, despite the name. However, any clumping that I do get is always very small and not too noticeable, so nothing bad. The reason why I actually like this mascara is that it doesn't irritate my eyes/contacts at all, and beyond that, it makes my lashes look INCREDIBLE. Seriously, 2-3 coats of this and it looks like I'm wearing falsies. OH, and it barely ever runs/smudges. Of course, there's a little if I cry or something, but it's nothing bad at all (especially for this gal, who has chronic issues with mascara smudging something fierce!).

If you're in the market for a good drugstore mascara, and have issues with smudging, I'd recommend giving this a shot. You might be surprised :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh yeaaahhh....this is an awesome mascara. No clumps, flakes, or smearing. I have pretty long lashes, so I can't attest to how it would work to emphasize shorter lashes. But to MY lashes...WOW. Full, fluffy lashes that last all day. Perfect.