October 21, 2014 | 2130 users online

Treatments - OPI - Chip Skip

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

An okay product to extend the wear of ones nail polish, but I definitely won't be purchasing this chip skip again. I found Creative Sticky Start to work much better & it's also a lot cheaper than OPIs Chip Skip. Don't waste your money on chip skip - go straight to sticky start. I've told all my friends this & converted them from chip skip to sticky start. I won't ever change back & I don't think they will either.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Saramela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! It's an investment, but a bottle has lasted me two years with weekly manicures and it makes them last for a full week with no chips! I recently ran out and did several manicures without it and was disappointed my polish chipped and peeled. I use a good base and top coat (Orly Bonder & Seche Vite top coat) which helps, but OPI's Chip Skip definitely adds a little something extra. I was psyched when I was able to swap for a new bottle cause this stuff isn't the easiest to find since they don't have it at drugstores or Sephora. But when this new bottle runs out in a couple years I will happily track it down so I can keep using it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Doesn't do what it's supposed to do. Doesn't work and is overpriced to boot.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Anza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually mistook this product for a regular base coat/clear nail polish. I was so disappointed to find that it has a TINY brush and dries on your nails producing a white appearance. of course this disappears after you paint your nails, but splurge on Nail Envy (nail strengthener) instead - it's amazing, and what I was actually looking for :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG base coat.
Keeps nail polish from chipping, and overall makes for a nicer looking mani/pedi.

I have this obsession with nail polish, my nails must always be painted or else I have a minor stroke lol.

This and drip dry, saves my life constantly. I have an issue where I can't go out of the house if my nails look like poop. Aka, chipping, fading, etc.

Chip Skip keeps my nail polish from flaking off, and looking nice for longer than 2 days after they are painted.

The only complaint I have is that it's really strong smelling.
I know what nail polish smells like, but this is like 10x more strong than that. I could make you quite woozy if you're in a confined space without proper ventilation(sp?)

IN CONCLUSION.
I can't live without this product, don't know how I managed before.
Buy it people!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ar15203

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why the ratings for this product are so low - this is an HG product for me. It is a little pricey, but I've had my bottle for more than 2 years now and it's still going strong. I notice a huge difference in the length of time my manicure lasts when I use this. When I don't use this product I can go 2-3 days without a chip; when I do use this, I can go at least 5-7 without a chip. Really! I've also tried wiping my nails with acetone before polish, but that doesn't do what this does. It's worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Rita19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product based on what I read on the OPI web site. I went with my mom to the Prof. Beauty Supply store to save money on it and the worker said it actually worked. Well, I tried it, and within 1 day my nails started chipping just as if I hadn't worn it at all. I followed all the steps and also used the OPI base coat, nail color and top coat. I was hopeful, but disappointed with this product. This is my first review, I hope to write more soon!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2009 4:26:00 AM More reviews by lisa1207

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All this product does is dehydrate the nail bed so that any trace of oil or contaminants are swept away so that your base coat can properly adhere to your nail so it won't chip. You can do the exact same thing if you thoroughly wash your hands, scrub with a nail brush, let dry for a few minutes, and then sweep a bit of acetone containing nailpolish remover, pure acetone, or even rubbing alcohol over your nails with a nail brush or even a Qtip. Let that dry for a minute then apply your base coat. This product is totally superfulous to your nail routine. But if you have the extra money to buy it...well...there's worse things you could have bought = )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by mariannaoust

Iím not sure if this product is really worth it, but I bought it because Iím the girl that will try anything.
So basically this is supposed to clean your nails of any oil or moisture that would interfere with your polish adhering. And I think it does do that pretty well. What Iím not sure of is whether this product works any better than alcohol, vinegar, or acetone, Iím thinking that any of those would also clean you nail. But I guess for a nail junkie like me it is strangely satisfying to buy a product especially formulated for that, and I probably will buy it again :P
The weird thing about chip skip is the brush Ė itís really small and stiff, not at all like the OPI pro wide brush, I really canít understand why they wouldnít use their regular brush as the smaller one is much more awkward.
Also this stuff smells really bad, but Iím generally not really bothered by smells, so I donít care too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by esmdur

I like this product, actually. In my experience it seems to work best with OPI nail polishes. My nails tend to last anywhere between 4-5 days without chips when I use this. I think I will re-buy unless I find a better product...