November 28, 2014 | 1826 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Perfection91

I hate this foundation. I don't know how this can cost as much as it does. one of the worst foundations I have tried.

First of all, its super liquid-y, so obviously coverage is minimal. but it also accentuated my pores alot. I don't have too big of pores, but it made my skin look rather old; and I'm only 22.
the finish was really weird too. it wasn't matte, dewy, illuminating, but rather powdery and ugly.
It also smelled like men's after shave fragrance;
I don't know. for the price, I expected something that goes on sheer, covers the basics, feels nice and light on the skin, and glowy. it also broke me out. great.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by TamaraD87

It is very light, provides minimal coverage, even if you try to build it, it doesn't make a difference.

It comes on looking very powdery, it can make the skin look really dry and dehydrated.

It is so expensive, I paid $98 in Australia, and it is not worth it. I think for that much $ you should get a miracle in a bottle. This is not a miracle in a bottle. I expected a lot more for the price.

When i bought it my skin wasn't that great, It was after a few too many nights out and my skin was looking a bit dehydrated, broken out, so I thought I will give it another chance once my skin improves, and it did, and when I tried it, it still didn't do much for me, just made my skin look dry, dehydrated and not glowing like i was expecting.

It is very thin and the application can be very messy. The man who sold it to me recommended application with fingertips as this foundation is very liquidy it sinks into the brush so you end up wasting alot of it.

This foundation is great if your skin has NO imperfections and no dryness. SO if you have perfect skin and just need a very light coverage it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by bjoo2009

This "foundation" is amazing and definitely a HG item for me now! I have never used anything like it. It goes on so light, almost like a moisturizer that seeps into your skin. It blends flawlessly. By the end of the night I swear my skin looked even more flawless! I could not be more impressed with this product. The coverage is def light to (at best) a modest medium. So if your skin has minor imperfections and/or you are looking for a nice evening of skin tone for a flawless finish, this is DEFINITELY the foundation for you. This product is unreal and unlike anything I have ever used. It is on the expensive side, but worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Ninsun

Well, i find this foundation beyond excellent. It spreads over my skin really fast and putting it on takes seconds. It seems fool-proof. The consistency is that of a really thin oil, but it transforms instantly on skin leaving no greasy feeling at all. It is an amazing feeling to not feel the foundation on the skin, too! The finish without a powder is quite beautiful and dewy, and very natural as the cover is sheer. i find you can build it to a medium cover, but a bit of the amazing natural look gets lost. As the application top makes it easy to use a precise amount, I actually find this foundation priceworthy. I have this in 6.5 and it matches my fair but easily tanned nordic skin tone. in winter I might switch to 5.5.

Will update in a few weeks regarding two concerns, though:
I work long night shifts (17 hrs) and the staying power test will be brutal!
Also, this foundation is full of 'cones and this often makes me break out. We'll se about that.

Update 21/9: Been using this for a week now. Still love! No pimples:)
Am using it sometimes with primer (Lancome La Base) and sometimes without. The staying power is better with primer although difference is subtle. It looks fresh on my slightly oily skin still after 8 hrs. I have found 5.5 is a better match now. Best thing of all is that it does,n settle into the large pores I have on nose, cheeks and forehead. This happens with almost every other product in spite of using thin or thick primer.

Will update in a few months how this performs in cooler weather.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Peachycactus

This foundation has a light, dry oil texture, which is actually quite nice to apply. The main strength of this foundation is that it doesn't look like you have any make up on, but have excellent skin. I'm not one for thick, full coverage foundations, so this one is great for me.

It doesn't offer a lot by way of coverage but it covers more than a tinted moisturizer. Of course you can also build it up, but I recommend getting a different foundation if you're looking for more than light coverage.

I use a good moisturizer the night before (Aurelia night cream, ANR, sometimes PAI rosehip oil too) plus a hydrating day cream before applying this (Aurelia day cream or Bioderma) and this looks excellent. So I recommend you have a good moisturization process before trying this out, as it *will* look flaky if your skin is a little dry.

It wouldn't survive a night out clubbing and sweating but for a normal work day, it's fine. I put Dior loose powder over this for a matte effect and it stays put. It doesn't do well on hot days though, so I keep it limited to winter times.

It doesn't break me out, and it comes out in a small pipette which is always nice for hygiene reasons. It looks excellent when applied with both a brush and fingers.

I wouldn't repurchase because on days where I want more coverage, I simply don't have that option. With more full coverage foundations, I can at least "water" them down with moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by hotpinklips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well this was a big surprise for me. I was truly expecting a normal foundation-like texture...of course I had read up a bit, but assumed (as with pretty much every skin product) that the description was a bit of flouncy words to sell the brand.

Usually when trying on foundations in department stores i try on my hand (I know, I know--never match the color to your hand! eek!) to check not the color, but the texture. I figure, if a product shows up on my hand, it will definitely be obvious on my face. This one, to my surprise, melted into my skin, and left my hand looking perfect and silky. I cannot stress this enough--the foundation literally sinks in in about 2 seconds and you cannot feel anything afterwards. Its a very "naked-face" feel.

I bought number 6, which is a perfect color match to my face. The applicator is not the most mess-free way of going about things, but allows for easy enough application, and is very controllable. (i.e., no dilemma of 1 pump too little, 2 pumps too much).

Price wise, it is not awful. I paid about 80 $ which is nothing out of the ordinary for high end makeup. And this one is truly a foundation like no other. I like my foundations to look natural, and I only use them on special occasions. I keep my skin care simple with coconut oil as a cleanser and moisturiser, and on normal days just wear concealer and Soleil Tan de Chanel for my skin. This product is perfect for me for so many reasons, but mainly because my skin still looks very real and touchable, not cakey or dry. My boyfriend always points out girls whose makeup looks like its 1 inch thick, he always says it looks like you can scrape through the layers like cake frosting. NOT a look I want.

This is how I use Maestro foundation in my regular routine!

1. Wash face with lukewarm water and soap. If needed, exfoliate gently.
2. Cleanse/moisturise with a cotton ball and organic coconut oil and pure vitamin E.
3. Wait 5-10 minutes for oil to sink in.
4. Starting from the center of my face, apply a few drops of foundation.
5. Immediately massage it into my skin (it melts into it immediately)
5. Brush EL Double wear concealer under my eyes and around my nose, blend in with BB sponge.
6. Set everything with a light dusting of NARS laguna, and finish with a corally blush and a light highlight on my cheekbones.

Hope you give this foundation a try and I hope this review helps make your decision :) Remember to just moisturise/exfoliate well before use!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by 2crazycatladies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

well I got the Giorgio Armani Fusion Makeup in color 4. Colors a good match but not sure on the makeup. I literally just put it on with some powder. It feels really silicony when you first put it on. Then it fads and the coverage is buildable and once you add some powder feels very light and like its not there. The feel is really nice once it soaks in a bit. Wears well on me. Works well with my medium oily skin and the heat.
Worth trying out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by MarjaWouters

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product, definitely my new HG in Foundation and I have used a lot and I mean really a lot of foundation brands over the years. This one is, until now, the best if you like a no make up make up look and feel.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The texture of Armani Maestro is like a very light dry oil, it looks slightly powdery after applied on my face, but just wait for it sets (about 10 minutes), it just melts into my skin and the colour also becomes a perfect match. I think it's a good foundation for summer, non-greasy, velvety finish, ultra lightweight, and it lasts pretty well. But in colder months, it may feels a little bit dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by tagg

I was considering buying this but asked to try a sample first. Thank goodness.

I like how it "melted" into my skin on application, but it showed up every little flake. The tiny little bottle and dropper they gave me for the sample soon got totally clogged - the neck of it was so caked with product after a couple of days I no longer want to use it.

Worse, when I went to clean out the little bottle (it's cute and I wanted to re-use it) NOTHING would clean the product away. Not makeup remover, not soap, not WD40, not dishwashing detergent, not Mr. Clean floor cleaner, not Windex. That is scary.... I don't want that sort of product anywhere on my skin, thank you very much!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No