April 18, 2014 | 900 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The texture of Armani Maestro is like a very light dry oil, it looks slightly powdery after applied on my face, but just wait for it sets (about 10 minutes), it just melts into my skin and the colour also becomes a perfect match. I think it's a good foundation for summer, non-greasy, velvety finish, ultra lightweight, and it lasts pretty well. But in colder months, it may feels a little bit dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by tagg

I was considering buying this but asked to try a sample first. Thank goodness.

I like how it "melted" into my skin on application, but it showed up every little flake. The tiny little bottle and dropper they gave me for the sample soon got totally clogged - the neck of it was so caked with product after a couple of days I no longer want to use it.

Worse, when I went to clean out the little bottle (it's cute and I wanted to re-use it) NOTHING would clean the product away. Not makeup remover, not soap, not WD40, not dishwashing detergent, not Mr. Clean floor cleaner, not Windex. That is scary.... I don't want that sort of product anywhere on my skin, thank you very much!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by beautywinkieee

I am not a huge fan of the Maestro Fusion Makeup, especially since it makes my skin look extremely flakey (see video below, shows how flakey my skin looks). With the price of the Maestro foundation, I expected more from it! Secondly, the oil and the foundation splits into two separate parts if you don't use it for a while, which makes it quite gross (I got this from the Armani Store in Hong Kong too!).

However, that being said, if your skin is smooth and you just want to cover redness, this foundation would be perfect for you. Also, since it's oil based, my skin doesn't feel dry (despite it's still flakey). Yes, some beauticians told me to exfoliate more often, but given my sensitive skin, I try not to do too much exfoliate too often since it makes my skin even more sensitive. I am currently using the Hera UV BB Mist Cushion, it's cheaper than the Maestro Foundation, but the downside is, it's not too easy to find. I got mine from my trip to Korea.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by calamansi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for over two weeks now and I have to say that it's been living up to the hype!

Pros:
* Heavily tinted, so you need just a few drops for the entire face.
* Gives sheer yet buildable coverage. Looks like your skin, but better.
* Use it with a highlighting primer to get a dewy look. I rub a dollop of MAC Strobe Cream
beforehand and the effect is gorgeous.
* Spreads easily with just your fingers.
* Doesn't break me out.

Cons:
* Doesn't offer staying power for long, humid days. When I use my phone, some of the foundation stays on the screen- ulg.
* Sensitive skin types might be irritated by the alcohol content.
* Not enough sunblock protection.
* Not cheap.

If you feel that the pros outweigh the cons, which they do in my case, I suggest giving this a try. I am an NC 40 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Maestro 7 fits me perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a great foundation. It looks like skin, easy to apply, and corrects redness well. I have dry and sensitive skin, and also extremely fair (nars siberia fair) the shade #2 works very well for me. It has yellow undertones. If I have dry patches it will stick to them, so I exfoliate before hand with a chemical exfoliator or Cure Natural Aqua gel. I set it with the smallest amount of powder and it lasts all day. I will repurchase this again, but i might try another Armani formula first that is dewier.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by bgfp9898

I have been using Maestro (#4) for nearly a year now. Instead of using tinted moisturizer or bb cream on those days I just want casual makeup done, Maestro is now my only go-to. It doesn't have full coverage but glides on smoothly and is buildable. I use Lasting Silk for work and compare to that, Maestro feels lighter and more silkier. The only complain I have is the packaging of the bottle. I once traveled with it on a long haul flight and decided not to keep it with me in the carryon. When i got to the destination, was surprised to see that the top of the rubber dropper was split in half and the foundation drenched the ziplock bag. Overall, one of my favorite foundations of all time! Works real well in humid and hot weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by lala1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HG for me. Thin consistency but a medium coverage, means it is great for layering. Lasts well on my very oily T zone and has not broken me out and I have been using for over six months. Very expensive but lasts a long time and is so much better than other foundations I have tried (all, basically) I do not mind. I pay a bit extra as I live in Australia so I think the price you pay in Europe or US is fair. My skin an average fair tone so I had no problem finding my colour (3.5) but I don't know if they cater for very dark or pale skins.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the last year my skin went through some crazy (probably hormonally induced) changes and as a result, I was literally swapping foundations monthly... My staple used to be Bobbi Brown, NARS, YSL, Chanel, MAC, but they just weren't cutting it for me anymore. My skin would be ok for a while, then I would either get allergies and dry skin, or super-clogged pores, or the whole thing would just slide off my face within hours. A year ago when I tried Maestro, I thought - nothing special.

Well, that changed and I am not sure if it has to do with my skin, or just the fact that this time around, I tried it properly.

Key facts:
1) Yes - if your skin is dry, it will accentuate the dryness. Good news, if you let it settle for 10-15 minutes, it will be less noticeable, but I agree that this is best for someone with normal to combo skin (too oily skin might have an issue with silicones)
2) It CAN be layered. You just have to wait for the first layer to dry, before reapplying.
3) It is a "fussy" foundation initially, but over time if you figure how to "work" it, you will be applying it without any issues (BTW, finger is the best method, but you can softly buff afterwards if you like)
4) If it does work for your skin type, the finish is AMAZING. It is truly the only foundation that is undetectable, no matter how much you put on, but your face is enhanced.
5) Colour range is very forgiving. I use 4.5 as I love my foundations yellow, but I could've easily gone with a peachier 4 or even 5. It does blend well with your skin tone providing you are not off by several shades.

On me, it does last a long time, and I don't use primers. But, what I found to work exceptionally well under this is Clarins' Beauty Flash Balm. It hydrates the skin enough for the flakies not to show and it also prolongs the life of the foundation. Even in the humid summer and my face getting oily, I get a decent wear out of this one.

Is it my HG? Close. Not yet as I agree in order for the foundation to be HG it would have to be error-proof (which this isn't at least not right off the bat), but as this point it's fairly close. I do know that once you start using this one (providing it starts working for you) it will be very difficult to move back to "standard" foundations. If I try to put something else on now, it just looks so artificial and made up, no matter how light it is.

Note that there may not be a light enough version for some folks in this one, especialluy if you are on the yellow spectrum of the shaded. 4.5 is the lightest and it suits me (NC 25), but if you are lighter than that and yellow, you may have a difficulty finding the perfect shade.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by taoanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT.

it seems you put oil on the face but it dryes in a istant. Ingredients are not soo healthy for the skin and I really hope they can come up with a more natural product or using better solutions in the future since they are products we put on our face and still they are soooo expensive.

It gives you a total natural look and it seems you don't wear make up cause it melts with your skin so naturally.

I am fair and I got the number 5, perfect match. There are sooo many colors, also for women with dark skin.

You just need few drops and you are ready! I heard you tube reviews complain set in the pore making look bigger, honestly I haven't notice that, at least not more than other fundations.

I don't think they can come up with a better packaging because of the nature of the product, it's too liquid to put in a pump. No allergies or reaction so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

I opted to buy this having read such great reviews, but have also seen that it does not work well for dry skin, which I have in the Winter, so I didn't start using it until the weather warmed around May.

So far, I have enjoyed the product very much. It provides a sheer coverage, yet, when you wait a few minutes for it to set, it does give you a special glow and it seems to cover more than it did when I first applied.

PROS:
- It feels feather light on the skin
- Adheres to well-moisturized skin and on my good skin days, it gives me a flawless look
- I like that it's matte on my skin
- Dropper packaging ensures no cross contamination
- Even though the colour is a little off from my skin, I do believe it colour-corrects so it matches, and I do not see a difference from my natural skin colour
- Very easy to apply

CONS:
- On days where my skin is reacting to the weather and feels dry, it doesn't adhere very well to the skin and can highlight dry patches
- The website says to use 3 drops, I see other reviewers use 2 drops, I'm using about 5 - 6 drops, and I think that is still a sheer coverage

OVERALL:

I think it is a great product. It is more expensive, but for the quality of the results, I am happy to pay a bit more for something I apply daily to my face!