January 25, 2015 | 1732 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It covers very well and feels like I am not wearing anything. I was so in love with this at first!

The only problem is it breaks me out so I had to discontinue!!!

If I wasn't prone to breakouts this would be my HG!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so silky and thin that at first I loved it a ton.

The staying power is god awful.

After about 4 hours it gets greasy and becomes itchy on my skin.

I don't see the point of keeping this in my regimen and definitely will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

The ingredients in this are nearly identical to L'oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder. Basically same product, same feel, same result and I own both and cannot tell the difference. Considering L'oreal owns Armani, no surprise there.

This has a very water-y, thin liquid feel that evens out skin and provides sheer to light coverage. If you have flawless but oily skin this may work for you. You need to be careful as you can't just put some out on the back of your hand, it will dribble and run down your hands. I just dab it into different sections of my face quickly and blend it out. It sets to a powdery finish. Not very much lasting power - the most I can go without it fading is about 3 hours. It seems to just vanish on my skin, in both the oily and dry areas.

Initially I liked how it looked but in natural light, it just appears kind of "dusty" or "chalky". I have combination skin and this seemed to accentuate my drier patches & make my skin feel drier in general. I don't really like the powdery finish because it's not the most natural appearing. Also it's very difficult to build up. It is buildable per se but not enough to cover much and because of the drying alcohol and chemical sunscreen it's too irritating around my eye area and stings on my cheeks a bit. Again if you have oilier skin that isn't sensitive this could be perfect for you.

I would not repurchase, because although Armani has some other great foundations, this one is just not in the same league for me. Also the identical L'oreal is way cheaper, but even that I probably won't repurchase. I think this can work for other skin types but for me it is a fail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has a unique texture and gives you medium to heavy coverage.

It blurs your imperfections and evens out skin tone with out looking like make up. I asked my friend what she thought of this foundation and it was his favorite since she cant see the make up and she hates foundation.

The product preforms well but I just feel whelmed about it on my skin. It did not rock my world, I might prefer a more dewy luminous finish then what this gives. For me its a little flat. I feel like I need to dress it up with extra contour and blush to make my skin look alive. I don't plan on returning it but I will not re purchase.

It is a good mixer and can go well with a moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by FIFI67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this foundation as I'm so over heavy looking bases and want my skin to look natural but polished. Armani Face Fabric has done a really good job and is my fave base so far, so I thought Maestro Fusion might be a step up again and even better than Face Fabric but alas ...no!
Maestro Fusion applys like a dry oil and spreads beautifully giving my skin a light veil of colour (4.5 for my fair skin). However it's completely unpredictable and some days looks great but on most days it's dull, flat and disappears to nothing after a few hours. It will accentuate any dry areas so beware. I've tried all combinations of primer/no primer, finger/brush application, waiting for moisturiser to sink in/not waiting and on the days where I'm happy with it, I've totally forgotton what method I applied grrrrr!
To sum it up....it COULD be great but for me it's too much hard work to get it right and when I pay THAT much for a base it should be perfect. I recommend anyone to test first as this will look amazing on some skintypes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Perfection91

I hate this foundation. I don't know how this can cost as much as it does. one of the worst foundations I have tried.

First of all, its super liquid-y, so obviously coverage is minimal. but it also accentuated my pores alot. I don't have too big of pores, but it made my skin look rather old; and I'm only 22.
the finish was really weird too. it wasn't matte, dewy, illuminating, but rather powdery and ugly.
It also smelled like men's after shave fragrance;
I don't know. for the price, I expected something that goes on sheer, covers the basics, feels nice and light on the skin, and glowy. it also broke me out. great.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by TamaraD87

It is very light, provides minimal coverage, even if you try to build it, it doesn't make a difference.

It comes on looking very powdery, it can make the skin look really dry and dehydrated.

It is so expensive, I paid $98 in Australia, and it is not worth it. I think for that much $ you should get a miracle in a bottle. This is not a miracle in a bottle. I expected a lot more for the price.

When i bought it my skin wasn't that great, It was after a few too many nights out and my skin was looking a bit dehydrated, broken out, so I thought I will give it another chance once my skin improves, and it did, and when I tried it, it still didn't do much for me, just made my skin look dry, dehydrated and not glowing like i was expecting.

It is very thin and the application can be very messy. The man who sold it to me recommended application with fingertips as this foundation is very liquidy it sinks into the brush so you end up wasting alot of it.

This foundation is great if your skin has NO imperfections and no dryness. SO if you have perfect skin and just need a very light coverage it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by bjoo2009

This "foundation" is amazing and definitely a HG item for me now! I have never used anything like it. It goes on so light, almost like a moisturizer that seeps into your skin. It blends flawlessly. By the end of the night I swear my skin looked even more flawless! I could not be more impressed with this product. The coverage is def light to (at best) a modest medium. So if your skin has minor imperfections and/or you are looking for a nice evening of skin tone for a flawless finish, this is DEFINITELY the foundation for you. This product is unreal and unlike anything I have ever used. It is on the expensive side, but worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Ninsun

Well, i find this foundation beyond excellent. It spreads over my skin really fast and putting it on takes seconds. It seems fool-proof. The consistency is that of a really thin oil, but it transforms instantly on skin leaving no greasy feeling at all. It is an amazing feeling to not feel the foundation on the skin, too! The finish without a powder is quite beautiful and dewy, and very natural as the cover is sheer. i find you can build it to a medium cover, but a bit of the amazing natural look gets lost. As the application top makes it easy to use a precise amount, I actually find this foundation priceworthy. I have this in 6.5 and it matches my fair but easily tanned nordic skin tone. in winter I might switch to 5.5.

Will update in a few weeks regarding two concerns, though:
I work long night shifts (17 hrs) and the staying power test will be brutal!
Also, this foundation is full of 'cones and this often makes me break out. We'll se about that.

Update 21/9: Been using this for a week now. Still love! No pimples:)
Am using it sometimes with primer (Lancome La Base) and sometimes without. The staying power is better with primer although difference is subtle. It looks fresh on my slightly oily skin still after 8 hrs. I have found 5.5 is a better match now. Best thing of all is that it does,n settle into the large pores I have on nose, cheeks and forehead. This happens with almost every other product in spite of using thin or thick primer.

Will update in a few months how this performs in cooler weather.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Peachycactus

This foundation has a light, dry oil texture, which is actually quite nice to apply. The main strength of this foundation is that it doesn't look like you have any make up on, but have excellent skin. I'm not one for thick, full coverage foundations, so this one is great for me.

It doesn't offer a lot by way of coverage but it covers more than a tinted moisturizer. Of course you can also build it up, but I recommend getting a different foundation if you're looking for more than light coverage.

I use a good moisturizer the night before (Aurelia night cream, ANR, sometimes PAI rosehip oil too) plus a hydrating day cream before applying this (Aurelia day cream or Bioderma) and this looks excellent. So I recommend you have a good moisturization process before trying this out, as it *will* look flaky if your skin is a little dry.

It wouldn't survive a night out clubbing and sweating but for a normal work day, it's fine. I put Dior loose powder over this for a matte effect and it stays put. It doesn't do well on hot days though, so I keep it limited to winter times.

It doesn't break me out, and it comes out in a small pipette which is always nice for hygiene reasons. It looks excellent when applied with both a brush and fingers.

I wouldn't repurchase because on days where I want more coverage, I simply don't have that option. With more full coverage foundations, I can at least "water" them down with moisturizer.